The 2015 Review & New Year's Thread

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

UserOfDoom24
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2016, 3:08 pm

With the events of the past year being a mixture of tragedy (The Zika virus in Florida, the numerous amounts of celebrity deaths, and the growing ISIS threat), and the truly unexpected (Leicester winning the Premier League, Britain leaving the EU, and Donald Trump being elected president), I’m wondering what has been your personal achievements, & favourites this year, and what are you currently looking forward to in the New Year?

Achievements

1) Re-igniting my passion for horticulture, photography, and Pool/Blackball, as well as taking up snooker
2) Passing both my Maths & English exams
3) Watching my nephew in a play, Oliver Twist
4) Volunteering for the Tall Ships event
5) Meeting and chatting to the likes of Christopher Fairbank & Nigel Betts at Newcastle Comic Con in November
6) Recently going on a 13-week work placement as a volunteer assistant at a local garden center, and passing a Health & Safety interactive test during this period

Favourites

1) Literature such as Star Wars: Aftermath-Life Debt & 2000AD stories such as Counterfeit Girl, Hunted, Brink, and the Judge Dredd stories, Ladykiller & Every Empire Falls
2) TV shows such as Hunted, Narcos, Stranger Things, American Crime Story, Game of Thrones, & Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
3) Movies such as The Revenant, The Hateful Eight, Deadpool, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Zootropolis, The Jungle Book, Captain America: Civil War, Star Trek Beyond, The BFG, The Magnificent Seven & Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (It's simply one of the GREATEST Star Wars films of ALL time, and it's all that to that Vader scene, Ben Mendelsohn's character of Orson Krennic, the Battle of Scarif, & all the little cameos, & easter eggs)
4) Video games such as Hitman, Telltale's Batman, & Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (in that order)

The Future

Along with the usual stuff (buying 2000AD/Judge Dredd/Saga/Star Wars graphic novels), as well as ending a personal project of mine (Major Endings) & quitting video games, I'm currently looking forward to Grandville: Force Majeure, Star Wars: Aftermath-Empire's End, Star Trek Discovery, the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided-A Criminal Past DLC, and various movies & TV shows such as:
1) TV shows such as The Defenders, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Season Four), Game of Thrones (Season Seven), Doctor Who (Season Ten), Attack on Titan (Season Two), Stranger Things (Season Two), & Hunted (Season Three)
2) Movies such as Dunkirk, Star Wars: Episode VIII, the MCU films (particularly Thor: Ragnorak), and the last thrilling instalments of both the Resident Evil & Wolverine franchises

In Memoriam
David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Sir Terry Wogan, Harper Lee, Frank Kelly, George Kennedy, Tony Warren, Nancy Reagan, Sir George Martin, Sylvia Anderson, Paul Daniels, Gary Shandling, Ronnie Corbett, Denise Robertson, Erik Bauersfeld, Howard Marks, David Gest, Victoria Wood, Prince, Muhammed Ali, Jo Cox, Anton Yelchin, Caroline Aherne, Ken Barrie, Kenny Baker, Gene Wilder, Jean Alexander, Steve Dillon, Jimmy Perry, Pete Burns, Leonard Cohen, Robert Vaughn, Joe Dever, Andrew Sachs, Fidel Castro, Peter Vaughan, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Rick Parfitt, George Michael, Liz Smith, Richard Adams, and Carrie 'Princess Leia Organa' Fisher, & her mother, Debbie Reynolds :(