Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ehymw
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 1:02 am

While I do believe asexual people exist are there any conditions say hypersensitivity to touch combined with Aspergers that can mimic it?

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 3:45 am

ehymw wrote:
While I do believe asexual people exist are there any conditions say hypersensitivity to touch combined with Aspergers that can mimic it?

No. Asexuality is a primary trait in neurodiversity, and it is part of a phenotype that better can be described as "I don't like the sexual behavior of the majority". IOW, neurodiverse asexuality is a disgust reaction to how NTs bond, not lack of sex drive. Thus, identifying as asexual (or finding sexual intercourse disgusting) as a teenager causes lack of sexual attraction and a low sex drive. There is nothing physiological or "learnt" about it.

Grey_Area
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Dec 2016, 6:35 pm

rdos wrote:
ehymw wrote:

No. Asexuality is a primary trait in neurodiversity, and it is part of a phenotype that better can be described as "I don't like the sexual behavior of the majority". IOW, neurodiverse asexuality is a disgust reaction to how NTs bond, not lack of sex drive. Thus, identifying as asexual (or finding sexual intercourse disgusting) as a teenager causes lack of sexual attraction and a low sex drive. There is nothing physiological or "learnt" about it.

Source?

ehymw
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 7:36 pm

rdos wrote:
ehymw wrote:

And what's to prevent other problems from mimicking asexuality?