Crazily fast love announcements

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 5:41 pm

Someone recently told me "I love you" just after a ....one meet-up! (and some texting within merely a couple of weeks)

I totally didn't trust her words; I bet she is either delusional, crazy or playing something.

There's no way it can be genuine.

Have you encountered a similar thing before?

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 12:48 am

Yes

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 12:51 am

Are you making this up. You seem to have an influx of crazy stories.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jan 2017, 1:36 am

That does seem fast to actually be in love. Some people use the word love when they mean they like something a lot or are strongly attracted.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 1:59 am

I have fallen in love at first sight. I didn't openly tell her of my love for her, but definitely infatuated instantly.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 3:39 am

If they don't like you it's not good, and if they like you it's not good too. Boo seriosuly!

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 4:57 am

Well, I had someone tell me that they loved me after a month and a half of messaging back and forth plus a few weeks of Snapchat... Is that unusually fast in a strictly online environment?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 5:17 am

Shahunshah wrote:
Are you making this up. You seem to have an influx of crazy stories.

You have no idea; however a user here can confirm my crazy stories because she saw the screenshots; I would leave it to her to confirm it here

I make nothing up.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 5:18 am

Peacesells wrote:
If they don't like you it's not good, and if they like you it's not good too. Boo seriosuly!

How about a normal flow of things? Is that too much to ask?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 5:53 am

Yes and it scared me off :lol: he also called me his girlfriend without asking me

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 5:57 am

Its pretty quick, and might suggest there is something to be aware of about her. Not necessarily something awful, i suppose it also depends on what she means when she says love.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 6:34 am

She's a single mom - and I have noticed this pattern in single moms on dating sites.

Three cases like this one so far.

I can't help but to think they do this as attempt to hook a man as a subtitute provider. No way that genuine love feelings can develop that fast.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 6:35 am

InsomniaGrl wrote:
Its pretty quick, and might suggest there is something to be aware of about her. Not necessarily something awful, i suppose it also depends on what she means when she says love.

Love means love - as wanting to live with someone for good; that kind of love.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 6:39 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
She's a single mom

This changes things. :lol:

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 10:50 am

@The_Face_of_Boo she probably wants to have sex with you. Not that she's ready to actually do it, but she wants to. As you have met up in person, I have to assume she knows what she wants. It's not abnormal for a woman to want to have sex with a man she's just met, whether or not she would actually do it - the point is that she wants to. Some women may reply that they've never felt that way, but I can guarantee from personal experience that many do. Also keep in mind that, if she has a kid, then at some point in her life she had regular sex with somebody. If she's in her late 20s - early 30s, she may be having a difficult time with celibacy - even though that's what society expects from her. The difference between men and women in this regard is, women are more likely to pine for sex having already experienced it, whereas men want it whether or not they've ever had it. BTW this is my understanding based on experience - I can't cite any authority, but I could recount some experiences that I feel strongly support this hypothesis.

I think her awkward message is an attempt to communicate that to you without having to say it explicitly. And it's quite possible she's embarrassed now that she did that. If you are at all interested in her, I would make another date with her and then just act as you normally would on a second date.

Also, if you are at all attractive as a man, it would seem reasonable to assume that you will sometimes meet women who would enjoy having sex with you if they could. Most of them can't or won't, but they'd like to. I hope you don't look down on them for that. Wanting sex doesn't make anyone less of a person - if society could just accept that, it would make life better for everyone.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 2:21 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
She's a single mom - and I have noticed this pattern in single moms on dating sites.

Three cases like this one so far.

I can't help but to think they do this as attempt to hook a man as a subtitute provider. No way that genuine love feelings can develop that fast.
There's a vast array of material discussing this very issue, and I think we both know what it is. It also catches a lot of flak on here. It talks about the divide between the bet... ting-in-sports males and alph... abetically-inclined males, and how women respond to each type. The latter has the good genes, and the former has the resources. So, women feel sexual attraction toward the latter, and mundane love toward the former.

Last edited by Aspie1 on 02 Jan 2017, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.