Why do women not like hair on men?

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 2:03 pm

I have thick hair with a middle parting and some girls have said to me you "you have to get rid of your hair style".

Why might some women not like that hairstyle on men? Is it because men with less hair are perceived by women to be more 'virile' and macho? Perhaps traditionally men are the ones who are not meant to have hair on there heads.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 2:14 pm

I am not sure how you got that women don't like hair on men out of some girls suggesting you should change your hairstyle.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

03 Jan 2017, 2:17 pm

I don't perceive women liking men with 'less hair', I do think women probably prefer men to appear more conservative and clean cut than the opposite of that but that's more about hygiene and being presentable. I think most guys with 'less hair' probably wish they had more so I really doubt it makes you look more 'virile' or 'macho'. Do you think Moby as somebody as 'macho'? That's probably closer to what I'd look like rather than Stone Cold if I were bald! :P :lol: Not knowing what your hair looks like, perhaps you just need a new style? It's different strokes for the different folks for everyone when it comes to their preference about hair, I'm sure there are women attracted to everything in between

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 2:39 pm

I would take that to mean "you need to get a haircut."

Longer hair looks good on some guys as long as it's an actual style and not just long hair that's been left to grow out for a long time and never trimmed or styled. Otherwise it just looks like a mop.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 3:04 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I don't perceive women liking men with 'less hair', I do think women probably prefer men to appear more conservative and clean cut than the opposite of that but that's more about hygiene and being presentable. I think most guys with 'less hair' probably wish they had more so I really doubt it makes you look more 'virile' or 'macho'. Do you think Moby as somebody as 'macho'? That's probably closer to what I'd look like rather than Stone Cold if I were bald! :P :lol: Not knowing what your hair looks like, perhaps you just need a new style? It's different strokes for the different folks for everyone when it comes to their preference about hair, I'm sure there are women attracted to everything in between

Google Leon s Kennedy to see what my hairstyle looks like :)

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2017, 5:36 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Google Leon s Kennedy to see what my hairstyle looks like :)

Then I like your hairstyle. But that's just me

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 5:58 pm

"You have to get rid of X" ....those women are rude against something personal and very entitled; they don't own your hairstyle.

Imagine what happens if you tell a woman to get rid of her leg hair for instance.

In the next talk with one of these women , I would criticize something in her hairstyle, hair color, fashion, ornament...whatever.

Tell her it doesn't look good; make it sounds natural like "Oh, btw...honestly, this necklace reminds me of grandmas, it doesn't suit you"

You can always create a flaw in others.

Go, do that.

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 6:07 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
"Get rid of X" ....those women are rude against something personal and very entitled; they don't own your hairstyle.

In the next talk with one of these women , I would criticize something in her hairstyle, hair color, fashion, ornament...whatever.

Tell her it doesn't look good; make it sounds natural like "Oh, btw...honestly, this necklace reminds me of grandmas, it doesn't suit you"

You can always create a flaw in others.

Go, do that.

Why?

I googled that. I like the hairstyle on that guy. However, it's not parted down the middle.

(Also, who cares if a girl or some girls don't like it. Do you? Ultimately, it's not fun being with someone who has changed themselves to try to suit you. Just be you.)

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 6:11 pm

I think some women perceive men with long hair and lots of facial and body hair as sloppy and lazy, in that they should've gotten a haircut or trimmed their beard better.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 6:30 pm

Quote:
I am not sure how you got that women don't like hair on men out of some girls suggesting you should change your hairstyle.

This. Just as certain women look better with different lengths, cuts, styles, and even colors of hair, certain men do too. Maybe you think you look great with that length, cut, style, or color. Apparently she disagrees or they disagree with your assessment. Your move. You can either keep it the way it is, or you can change it. Ultimately it depends on whether you want that woman or those women to be physically attracted to you.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 6:36 pm

saxgeek wrote:
I think some women perceive men with long hair and lots of facial and body hair as sloppy and lazy, in that they should've gotten a haircut or trimmed their beard better.

I don't really think that my boyfriends got a full beard and body hair, but he also showers and washes it so yeah I don't see it as sloppy or lazy. Actually he probably showers more than I do... :oops. Also I suppose I kind of like more rugged looking beards than perfectly trimmed hipster beards for instance.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 6:54 pm

Stick to your guns, James. Keep the hairstyle.

And stop going to those stupid bars!

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 7:01 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
"You have to get rid of X" ....those women are rude against something personal and very entitled; they don't own your hairstyle.

Imagine what happens if you tell a woman to get rid of her leg hair for instance.

Or imagine if you told her she needed to lose some weight. You would be labelled as the ultimate male pig. Sometimes us guys just can't win.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 7:51 pm

Just think how much hope this thread gives to all the bald men out there.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 8:23 pm

What's all the fuss about bald men anyway? :?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 8:27 pm

Some women find bald men "macho."