Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 5:15 pm

A few months ago outside this Nightclub I bumped into this guy (who I thought might be autistic). He was telling me how he was trying to help a group of girls outside this club and then one of the women 'punched' him. He constantly repeated himself for an hour saying how unfair it was that he was hit in the face just for offering help to them.

In your opinions do you think he wasn't perhaps telling the entire story as to why he got assaulted?

alt_Human
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jan 2017, 5:21 am

Jamesy wrote:
A few months ago outside this Nightclub I bumped into this guy (who I thought might be autistic). He was telling me how he was trying to help a group of girls outside this club and then one of the women 'punched' him. He constantly repeated himself for an hour saying how unfair it was that he was hit in the face just for offering help to them.

In your opinions do you think he wasn't perhaps telling the entire story as to why he got assaulted?

In all honesty if he was Autistic, like you've said he might have been, then it's very possible it was all a misunderstanding. By which I mean he had good intentions, but acted inappropriately in some way, without realizing. So the woman got offended, and punched him. That's just one possible scenario, of course. It's also possible he was just a total a'hole, or that the woman was a total a'hole. Without having seen it ourselves, it's impossible to know really.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 8:53 am

I agree that all of these are possibilities. I would also say that as a woman, it's either very brave, or very foolish, to punch a guy in the face. Even if she's strong or agile or has some training, she still doesn't know what she's starting with this guy and his friends. Not to mention if this strange dude has a weapon.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 11:16 am

DataB4 wrote:
I agree that all of these are possibilities. I would also say that as a woman, it's either very brave, or very foolish, to punch a guy in the face. Even if she's strong or agile or has some training, she still doesn't know what she's starting with this guy and his friends. Not to mention if this strange dude has a weapon.

The women who punched him I think was fat. I think fat women (and men too) can be more aggressive especially when drunk because they think being obese makes them invincible :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 11:49 am

There's really no way of knowing "the truth."

But the guy could possibly have provoked these girls more than what he's telling.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 1:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There's really no way of knowing "the truth."

But the guy could possibly have provoked these girls more than what he's telling.

He was annoying some security staff/bouncers outside the nightclub too

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 2:35 pm

He was probably annoying the girls, too, if that's the case.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 2:43 pm

Jamesy wrote:

I don't know. I wasn't there and I would need to know more details like what happened before the assault occurred. I don't know if it was a misunderstanding or if the guy was acting inappropriate or if the woman was just drunk. Still even if he said something wrong, you still don't punch someone. Even if someone sexually assaults you, you still don't punch them, you just push them away.

I would be asking him questions if I were you to get more to the story. That is what I always do. Ask and sometimes people hate it when I do this. I do it because I am curious and I also do it to understand so it makes sense.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 3:21 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I don't know. I wasn't there and I would need to know more details like what happened before the assault occurred. I don't know if it was a misunderstanding or if the guy was acting inappropriate or if the woman was just drunk. Still even if he said something wrong, you still don't punch someone. Even if someone sexually assaults you, you still don't punch them, you just push them away.

I would be asking him questions if I were you to get more to the story. That is what I always do. Ask and sometimes people hate it when I do this. I do it because I am curious and I also do it to understand so it makes sense.

I think people are just downright rude and hostile to us aspies arent they? Perhaps much nastier to us than they would to be a non autistic person. I have had kinda similar experiences of rudeness and hostility directed towards me before :evil:

I am not really sure it could be because we appear 'different' or not behave appropriately in everyday life :?

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 9:55 pm

It's impossible to tell without being there. Maybe he was lying, maybe they were mean, maybe both. Not something worth worrying about when club management is who's in charge of dealing with incidents.

In my experience, yes, some men do trim stories of why women get angry with them when they go seeking sympathy. Thankfully I've only seen this online. One guy on another forum who kept posting and messaging me with innuendo after I told him to stop later made a thread about being punished by the moderators just for talking to girls. How convenient that he left out the part where he was told to go away.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 4:51 pm

Jamesy wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I think people are just downright rude and hostile to us aspies arent they? Perhaps much nastier to us than they would to be a non autistic person. I have had kinda similar experiences of rudeness and hostility directed towards me before :evil:

I am not really sure it could be because we appear 'different' or not behave appropriately in everyday life :?

How are people going to know you're on the spectrum? While many people do have sympathy and compassion for those with disabilities including autism, they are not going to know you have it if you look like everyone else and look normal.

Sure there are mean people in the world and rude people and people who have poor impulse control and have a bad temper so they assault you if you piss them off. But are they doing it to you because you have an ASD or because they are just mean people and just have problems of their own? Just think how they would react if an NT had done that exact same thing an ASD person had done.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 6:04 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

How are people going to know you're on the spectrum? While many people do have sympathy and compassion for those with disabilities including autism, they are not going to know you have it if you look like everyone else and look normal.

Sure there are mean people in the world and rude people and people who have poor impulse control and have a bad temper so they assault you if you piss them off. But are they doing it to you because you have an ASD or because they are just mean people and just have problems of their own? Just think how they would react if an NT had done that exact same thing an ASD person had done.

Well the guy in this video thinks people can see the aspergers in us even if they don't know what it is.

https://youtu.be/J8wxlVX8mwY