Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2017, 12:32 pm

I hope someone can explain to me the meaning of "utilizing digital payments with your credit or debit cards as a form of payment in merchant apps? " and "utilizing digital payments with your credit or debit cards for your monthly reccurring bills?"

The info is needed to help me complete a survey for a bank. Thanks for your help.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 12:56 pm

Basically they mean use a phone application, like paypal has it's own app (merchant app) for phones and tablets which make paying for things faster/easier because you can quickly tap a few buttons on your phone and bam, bills paid out of your account and no messing around. Utilizing basically just means use more of/make use of.

If they're asking you on the survey if you utilize it then probs should just say no because you don't know what it is so I guess you don't use it.

I probably could've explained this better but I've been up all night.

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2017, 12:59 pm

Lunella wrote:
Basically they mean use a phone application, like paypal has it's own app (merchant app) for phones and tablets which make paying for things faster/easier because you can quickly tap a few buttons on your phone and bam, bills paid out of your account and no messing around. Utilizing basically just means use more of/make use of.

If they're asking you on the survey if you utilize it then probs should just say no because you don't know what it is so I guess you don't use it.

I did consider letting them know that I didn't have a clue what they are referring to until I considered that I just might be 'utilizing digital payments' without knowing it which is the reason I posted this message.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 11:35 pm

irene wrote:
Lunella wrote:

I did consider letting them know that I didn't have a clue what they are referring to until I considered that I just might be 'utilizing digital payments' without knowing it which is the reason I posted this message.

It means paying your bills using a computer with your credit card or bank account rather then sending checks in the mail. I prefer sending checks. I do not think people should be compelled to use computers or data phones to pay their bills.