Is a Scary Prophecy Written in 1907 About Obama Coming True

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 12:11 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
You're going well out of your way to disregard my point about Luther and Calvin contributing talking points, but still being fallible.

I don't understand your meaning about the Communion, as we were never taught to partake carelessly.

"For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged."
-- from 1Cor 11

I don't understand your meaning about Darby, since you could read for yourself, where a period of a thousands years was mentioned, again and again.

The thousand years is not a literal thousand years, but an indeterminate period of time. The thousand years is the here and now, between Christ's resurrection and ascension, to his final return sometime in the future. The kingdom of that thousand years - the here and now - is the invisible church of all true believers, and the kingdom in the heart.
No one said Luther, Calvin, and the other fathers of the Reformation weren't fallible. But so are the evangelical theologians and leaders today. The only difference is, Luther, Calvin,and the others knew they were.
I don't doubt that you hold the eucharist in high regard; my point is, evangelicals tend to be selective about what they want to take literally, such as whether Christ's body and blood are present in the sacrament or not.
As for Darby - he was a crank who took Revelations way too literally, and saw it as a portent of things to come, making that book far more important than it deserves.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 5:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
So let me get this straight... A work of fiction written over a hundred years ago is supposed to be prophetic? And accusing Barack Obama of being the Antichrist?
By the way, I really must have missed that thing about Christians being persecuted for the sake of Masonic goddess worship. Because for that idiot book to be true, that has to be happening right now, and it simply isn't.
This book has it's roots in the very bad theology of Millennialism, which was spawned from Darby's ridiculously bad interpretation of Revelations.

I'm not jewish but I think that they have it right when somebody comes along and proclaims that they are a prophet that that person is just simply ignored, or looked down upon as deranged.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 2:16 pm

This heresy is called "spiritualizing the Word."

You can never know whether something is prophetic, if there is no literal goal, deadline, or nameable participants.

How do you know when take anything literally.