Page 1 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 305
Location: Kent, Ohio

05 Jan 2017, 5:48 pm

Donald Trump is not like any traditional politician or president we have had before. Sure, he says outlandish things at times and he is rough around the edges, but it is refreshing to have someone as president who is not a career politician. Everyone always says that we need fresh blood and that we need to stop electing career politicians. Trump is neither a democrat or a republican. He just ran as a republican because you have to run within the 2 party system if you want a true shot at being president. People were hungry for change this election and they wanted someone who has not been in politics his or her whole life. Everyone keeps saying how horrible these next 4 years are going to be when Trump hasn't even been sworn into office yet. I don't believe that Trump is as bad as the media makes him out to be. Trump's victory leaves the door open for more outsiders to run for president in the future.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 69,808
Location: Queens, NYC

05 Jan 2017, 6:57 pm

He's not as good as Colin Powell......

Powell should have been the first non-white President.



wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,940

05 Jan 2017, 7:19 pm

MSBKyle wrote:
Donald Trump is not like any traditional politician or president we have had before. Sure, he says outlandish things at times and he is rough around the edges, but it is refreshing to have someone as president who is not a career politician. Everyone always says that we need fresh blood and that we need to stop electing career politicians. Trump is neither a democrat or a republican. He just ran as a republican because you have to run within the 2 party system if you want a true shot at being president. People were hungry for change this election and they wanted someone who has not been in politics his or her whole life. Everyone keeps saying how horrible these next 4 years are going to be when Trump hasn't even been sworn into office yet. I don't believe that Trump is as bad as the media makes him out to be. Trump's victory leaves the door open for more outsiders to run for president in the future.


The problem with asking someone who is not a politician to be a politician and run your country is that person has no experience or training at the job you are asking them to do. It's like hiring someone to do your triple bypass surgery who has no medical or surgical training--it's just a bad idea and you're going to die on the table. You can't expect someone with no experience or training at a job to be good at that job. That this needs to be explained to Americans says a lot about your educational system. Good luck with having a car mechanic perform that triple bypass that you need--after all, maybe he'll shake up your system and give your body the change it needs by replacing your muffler instead of your clogged up/damaged arteries. Surely that will solve all of America's problems. :lol:


_________________
"Ego non immanis, sed mea immanis telum." ~ Ares, God of War

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 69,808
Location: Queens, NYC

05 Jan 2017, 7:45 pm

Trump is probably the laughingstock of the diplomatic world.



Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 20 Feb 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 756
Location: USA

05 Jan 2017, 9:57 pm

Trump is a lying conman that uses money to get his way. Just like many politicians in the past and just like many businessmen of the past.. power+money = corruption and plenty of people hurting because of it. Trump owes money to many many people and many many countries still. He has many conflicts of interest- many of which havent even been settled! He has a few weeks until he is sworn in. Why hasnt this been settled by now? He certainly isnt that busy. He's skipping briefings, he's on Twitter a lot and so on.

He has yet to release his taxes. He has yet to prove he is giving up his companies (giving them to his kids and saying "no new deals will happen" is an excuse and not a good thing at all). He whines on Twitter non-stop, he posts lies on Twitter a ton still too! But somehow people eat it all up and act like his word is better than EXPERTS and the facts about issues.

Also on the more recent side of things- he claimed he knew more about hacking than many people did! He claimed he would release it Tuesday or Wednesday this week. It's now Thursday. Unless he was in reference to just agreeing with Assange. If thats the case- he trusts others over Americans, so he's literally treating CIA and others like they don't matter. I hope plenty of people go on strike and quit over this. Trump can hire some Russians to do the job or something. :lol:

People in America wanted change, yet the same old idiots got elected in house and senate. Plus Trump continued with "drain the swamp" but his picks don't reflect that. Trump has lied and been caught in lies many times, but somehow its still alright because "he's not Clinton and he will make America great again". :roll:

Putin/Russia has something on Trump and possibly other Republicans at this point, which is a big reason impeachment hasnt came up is one theory I have. Another theory- Republicans will just block anything Trump tries and if it does get to be too much, they will impeach him. But frankly.. it seems like greed all around. Next 4 years will be helping the rich and tiny percent of people, while the rest just suffer.

Very very unfortunate that USA got a whiny immature egomaniac conman as next president.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 Jan 2017, 11:06 pm

Status quo fears the loss of their status. Trump is bringing change to Washington and it is beautiful, the first president we've had in more than 30 years that isn't under the thumb of the CIA deep state and someone actually hands on rather than men who vacation 2/3rds of presidency. The more success Trump has the more desperate and loony his opponents will be, this whole thing about Russian hackers is absolutely absurd. Just wait until he's actually president, buckle up!



mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2013
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,995
Location: Alberta, Canada

05 Jan 2017, 11:25 pm

One of my friends is worried about the changes he'll be making to America's social programs, in particular his plan to abolish the Affordable Care Act. We don't know what he's going to be replacing it with, if anything. The ACA is a flawed program that's in need of an overhaul, but establishing a public healthcare system comparable to Canada's would require a paradigm shift in how America's medical industry operates. If I had to step in and change things, I'd start by making it so that Americans aren't legally required to be insured, since many of them can't even afford Obamacare, let alone another insurance provider.


_________________
Every day is exactly the same...


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,179
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 Jan 2017, 1:31 am

What is so bad about Donald Trump:

He's a flim flam man.
Trump University was a colossal scam, and has business and personal associations with organized crime. That, and he's refused to pay workers and contractors in his employ.

He won by appealing to racists.
Trump has become uncomfortably close to the Alt Right, has named Steve Bannon of Breitbart as his White House strategist, and has been endorsed by David Duke, the KKK, Stormfront, and the Daily Stormer. He encouraged his most ardent supporters to "watch the polls" against black and Latino "voter fraud." He stirred up bigotry against Latinos and Muslims with code words such as illegals and Islamic terrorists. He's made outreach efforts to European fascists.

He's made himself Putin's b***h.
With the cyber-warfare waged on America by Russia in order to secure Trump's election, Trump is indebted to a supremely sinister man. Especially bad is how Putin wants to restore Russia's past glory, which means he will do all in his power to reduce the superpower status of America, which he sees as the cause of his country's decline. The fact that Trump is already choosing Putin and Assange over American intelligence already is a forecast for worse things to come. He might even have ambitions of becoming a strongman like Putin.

He speaks in generalities rather than having concrete plans.
He talks about building a wall on the southern border that will be paid for by Mexico, but doesn't explain how he will accomplish this. He says he'll repeal and replace Obamacare with something terrific, but doesn't explain how or with what. He says he'll bring back jobs lost overseas, but doesn't explain how that will be done. His plans for defeating ISIS are just ridiculous.

I could go on and on. But this small collection of facts demonstrates that yes, indeed, there is something bad about Trump.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,007

06 Jan 2017, 1:39 am

Jacoby wrote:
Status quo fears the loss of their status. Trump is bringing change to Washington and it is beautiful, the first president we've had in more than 30 years that isn't under the thumb of the CIA deep state and someone actually hands on rather than men who vacation 2/3rds of presidency. The more success Trump has the more desperate and loony his opponents will be, this whole thing about Russian hackers is absolutely absurd. Just wait until he's actually president, buckle up!


1. No president has spent even half of their presidency on vacation

2. There is strong evidence that the Russians were involved in the hack, maybe not a smoking gun, but still strong evidence, there's nothing absurd about concluding their involvement.

3. Its really funny how Trump voters felt mocked by the establishment, yet here you are mocking people who feel differently about Trump.


_________________
I'm a math evangelist, I believe in theorems and ignore the proofs.


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,191
Location: Long Island, New York

06 Jan 2017, 6:02 am

What is wrong with Trump is that in many ways my six year old nephew is much more mature then he is. The other day he had a twitterstorm about double standards and democrates not bieng called out about thier scandals. This double standard and "liberal media" has been a thing for decades. A mature person would realize this is another example of life being unfair and work with and around it to weaken it as Reagan did. The people who voted for him because he is not a wimp elected a crybaby. He probably was not always close to this bad, his successes attest to that, but either because of age or the adoration it is worse now. First they said he will become presidential in the primiaries, then his new team will refine him etc. And for a period of time he does act more mature but it never lasts. The people who say once he gets in the office he will act presidential remind me of the people who kept on insisting he could not get elected.

Yes a plain talking outsider was and is desperatly needed. I have been saying that for decades. But Trump is Murphy's law personified.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman


Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 May 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,200
Location: NZ

06 Jan 2017, 6:55 am

wilburforce wrote:
MSBKyle wrote:
Donald Trump is not like any traditional politician or president we have had before. Sure, he says outlandish things at times and he is rough around the edges, but it is refreshing to have someone as president who is not a career politician. Everyone always says that we need fresh blood and that we need to stop electing career politicians. Trump is neither a democrat or a republican. He just ran as a republican because you have to run within the 2 party system if you want a true shot at being president. People were hungry for change this election and they wanted someone who has not been in politics his or her whole life. Everyone keeps saying how horrible these next 4 years are going to be when Trump hasn't even been sworn into office yet. I don't believe that Trump is as bad as the media makes him out to be. Trump's victory leaves the door open for more outsiders to run for president in the future.


The problem with asking someone who is not a politician to be a politician and run your country is that person has no experience or training at the job you are asking them to do. It's like hiring someone to do your triple bypass surgery who has no medical or surgical training--it's just a bad idea and you're going to die on the table. You can't expect someone with no experience or training at a job to be good at that job. That this needs to be explained to Americans says a lot about your educational system. Good luck with having a car mechanic perform that triple bypass that you need--after all, maybe he'll shake up your system and give your body the change it needs by replacing your muffler instead of your clogged up/damaged arteries. Surely that will solve all of America's problems. :lol:


Well Donald Trump has his experience from running a company. We should we vote for Hillary Clinton over year. Thanks to her work in her husband's administration Nafta was signed and over a million jobs were lost from rustbelt states. Why should we trust her over Donald.



androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,746
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

06 Jan 2017, 7:10 am

The thing that bothers me most about Donald Trump is his lack of respect for the spoken word; he is not a man of his word. He changes his mind depending on his mood; so you never really know where he stands.

He seems like a a nice guy and I fear he may be in over his head. Putin is playing him, or has something on him; either way Trump is being disingenuous on the issue of Putin's hacking for some reason.

All the banter about grabbing women shows an immaturity that is not befitting the office of president.

He reacts too quickly and with too little thought in response to perceived threats.

I suspect he will bring some aspects of change to America and it will be interesting to see how he proceeds.



Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 May 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,200
Location: NZ

06 Jan 2017, 7:16 am

androbot01 wrote:
The thing that bothers me most about Donald Trump is his lack of respect for the spoken word; he is not a man of his word. He changes his mind depending on his mood; so you never really know where he stands.

He seems like a a nice guy and I fear he may be in over his head. Putin is playing him, or has something on him; either way Trump is being disingenuous on the issue of Putin's hacking for some reason.

All the banter about grabbing women shows an immaturity that is not befitting the office of president.

He reacts too quickly and with too little thought in response to perceived threats.

I suspect he will bring some aspects of change to America and it will be interesting to see how he proceeds.
Well what about calling Mexicans rapists and his takedown of Jeb Bush. Aren't those the characteristics of someone who lacks respect for others.



androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,746
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

06 Jan 2017, 7:42 am

Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
The thing that bothers me most about Donald Trump is his lack of respect for the spoken word; he is not a man of his word. He changes his mind depending on his mood; so you never really know where he stands.

He seems like a a nice guy and I fear he may be in over his head. Putin is playing him, or has something on him; either way Trump is being disingenuous on the issue of Putin's hacking for some reason.

All the banter about grabbing women shows an immaturity that is not befitting the office of president.

He reacts too quickly and with too little thought in response to perceived threats.

I suspect he will bring some aspects of change to America and it will be interesting to see how he proceeds.
Well what about calling Mexicans rapists and his takedown of Jeb Bush. Aren't those the characteristics of someone who lacks respect for others.


His comment about Mexicans being rapists shows his immaturity. Regarding Bush and anyone who stands against him he is ruthless.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

06 Jan 2017, 8:36 am

Trump never called Mexicans rapists! Just like he never said he was going to deport all Muslims, the media does a good job at lying and twisting people's words. I think his use of Twitter is brilliant, he's cutting out the media middleman and speaking directly to his followers and getting results to boot. Trump is like Teddy Roosevelt in a way, he utilizes the bully pulpit. People underestimate the power just words can have, when you can mobilize the American people then you don't want the president coming down on your business. I think with the auto industry nationalism is an easy sell, pretty much every other country in the world that produces cars doesn't use ours so 'Buy American' would just be doing what everybody else is doing.

The Russian boogeyman is just the desperate and delusional attempt at pulling this country back into the Cold War, the Cold War might of put us at rick of nuclear annihilation but it kept the right people in charge in their minds so they would love to return to that time. Russia is not a threat to the US, not militarily or ideologically or in anyway, there zero downside to better relations with Moscow.



Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 20 Feb 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 756
Location: USA

06 Jan 2017, 9:04 am

Trump and congress are both so clueless, unless congress secretly does have a plan to impeach him. Like I've said before- if people wanted REAL change.. they would've voted in more "outsiders" into D.C.. not just the president.

Trump's big ideas during his campaign- "drain the swamp", "lock her up" and "building a wall" (among others). He's backed down on many of these ideas.

It's clear the swamp isnt drained, its just full of some new people that will make Trump and his greedy friends richer.

Lock her up- time will tell if Hillary gets anymore investigation. So this is still up in the air.

Trump is still claiming a wall will be built and Mexico will pay USA back for it. How exactly is that going to happen? We just treat Mexico horribly until they cave? I don't think so. The underhanded and illegal tactics Trump did to make money and avoid lawsuits will NOT always work when dealing with other countries. Bullying people with lawyers and bullying countries with threats (many empty threats) are two huge different things!

Trump hasnt released his taxes because its clear he owes money to many countries! So if all the information was on the table, he would either be forced to pay them.. or he would find a way to help the country out.. so he can weasel his way out of debt. Sickening.