Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 10:03 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Trump wouldn't be so bad if he didn't appoint politicians and judges from the extreme religious right. I believe they're attempting to have abortion banned.

Which is ridiculous since its the extreme religious methods of sex ed that lead to increased unwanted pregnancy.

Similar to the idiots who want to remove birth control pills from health insurance.

Also the vice president doesn't like condoms. Doesn't he realise condoms reduce the need for abortions?

So much for freedom in america. Looks like it will go down the drain if they have there way.

What confuses me are these people who are like 'this is a free country and freedom means I have the right to bear arms and have guns' one moment and the next are like 'no you are not free to chose what happens with your body, your not free to have sex and definitely not free to use some sort of control if you do'.

Also how can something be too modern when your living in the modern day :roll:

The condom was invented about 500 years ago. The condom was around before the Mayflower set sail. The condom is older than the King James Bible.

Apparently these things are too modern for him.

That makes it even more hilarious! :lol:

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 10:07 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
I am actually testing a sustainable, local, hypoallergenic source of rubber, as we speak, but I digress.

friedmacguffins wrote:
Why do you need my money, for this.

beneficii wrote:
It's not your money. It is money society has decided to allocate as part of the social contract, into which everyone is expected to pay according to law.

Have I entered myself into this contract, voluntarily, and have both sides paid their due? Does my willingness to participate guarantee me basic amenities. Or, is my willingness somewhat besides the point. Could I suffer, whether or not I participate.

If you don't like paying taxes or being part of a society you could go and live somewhere where that isn't the case

It's like giving money to someone and saying it's still my money so I decide what happens to my part.

In reality you put it in a pot where thousands of other contribute and based on what benefits the majority make desicions

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Jan 2017, 11:16 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I included a link.

Only context provided it just a mention, does not elaborate. I don't think there is a ton of use dissecting offhand comments on things someone said 20 or 30 or even 40 years ago, I don't really care.

Sessions is good because he will follow thru on combating illegal immigration, he will prosecute sanctuary cities and strip them of federal funding which is what they're really afraid of.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 12:05 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Froya wrote:
I don't think Donald Trump will be "running the show" really. He is too lazy, he seems to have difficulties concentrating on what really matters and he is too busy tweeting. So I think there is a good possibility that it's the scary people he has chosen to govern with him, that really will be in charge. This is only guessing, in time we will know if I was right.

He'll be doing what he's always done: be a reality TV star, except he'll be doing it from the White House.

:lol:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 12:52 pm

Jacoby wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
I included a link.

Only context provided it just a mention, does not elaborate. I don't think there is a ton of use dissecting offhand comments on things someone said 20 or 30 or even 40 years ago, I don't really care.

Sessions is good because he will follow thru on combating illegal immigration, he will prosecute sanctuary cities and strip them of federal funding which is what they're really afraid of.

He will also stand in the way of marijuana legalization which is something 60% of the population wants...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 1:10 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
I included a link.

He will also stand in the way of marijuana legalization which is something 60% of the population wants...

There is no indication of that other than from speculation from past statements, Trump has said that it is a state's rights issue so I don't see things changing from how they are now under Obama. Sessions will have plenty on his plate, I doubt medical or recreational marijuana is high on their priority list. The only person I've heard say anything about rolling things back is Chris Christie who is not part of the incoming administration.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Jan 2017, 1:50 pm

The worst thing about Donald Trump is that he's President of the USA.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 3:52 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
I included a link.

There is no indication of that other than from speculation from past statements, Trump has said that it is a state's rights issue so I don't see things changing from how they are now under Obama. Sessions will have plenty on his plate, I doubt medical or recreational marijuana is high on their priority list. The only person I've heard say anything about rolling things back is Chris Christie who is not part of the incoming administration.

Republicans like to pay lip service to state's rights but if they were really for states rights they wouldn't have a policy to pull federal highway funding to any state that lowers the drinking age down to 18.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 4:52 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
The worst thing about Donald Trump is that he's President of the USA.

Couldn't have said it better. :D

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 7:27 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
I included a link.

Republicans like to pay lip service to state's rights but if they were really for states rights they wouldn't have a policy to pull federal highway funding to any state that lowers the drinking age down to 18.

That is a federal law that received bipartisan support, I don't agree with it but it is the law and I haven't heard too many people besides libertarians talk about lowering the drinking age.

I watched some of Sessions confirmation hearing today, he's pretty poised as I expected him to be in front of his colleagues. It will be interesting to see how things turn out.