Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

idonthaveanickname
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2017, 2:16 pm

This morning I got a phone call from my dad saying that he wouldn't be able to bring my daughter Alyza over for a visit today because his back is hurting him. It's been 9 days now since I've last seen her and I miss her so much. She means the world to me. I'm just trying to keep myself as busy as possible today. I've been crying off and on all morning. So I'm curious. What would you do if you were in my shoes? (Not literally)

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 2:42 pm

Depends on what I'm disappointed about. Some things have made me suicidal and some things I KNOW I would commit suicide if I somehow knew for sure I could never do them. My mother made me practically suicidal when I was younger by telling me to basically give up on it and that it was impossible for me.

honeymiel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2017, 12:14 pm

Honestly, if this is something which really affects you I'd look at trying to move back home so you can live with your parents and daughter and share more time with her.

I don't know your situation and why she doesn't live with you, so it's hard for me to say what I'd do if I were you.

I'm sorry for how you're feeling though. I hope you get to see her soon. Maybe you can visit them in the next few days instead of waiting for them to come to you?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 12:21 pm

That would be really hard for me. As a mom, I can understand how you must be feeling. I don't know how old she is, but would it be possible to talk to her on the phone?

Is there any way you could go see her?

I'd probably try to move back in with my parents if that would be an option.

If it's not, I'd do some journal writing to try and gain some perspective. Then I'd try to pursue my special interests to get my mind off the situation.

Do you see a counselor? It might be good for you to work through these feelings with a professional.

idonthaveanickname
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2017, 3:15 pm

honeymiel wrote:
Honestly, if this is something which really affects you I'd look at trying to move back home so you can live with your parents and daughter and share more time with her.

I don't know your situation and why she doesn't live with you, so it's hard for me to say what I'd do if I were you.

I'm sorry for how you're feeling though. I hope you get to see her soon. Maybe you can visit them in the next few days instead of waiting for them to come to you?

I'd rather not move back with my parents or step parents. My mom and dad divorced when I was 4 years old, which is how old my daughter is. She's living with my sister right how, who is her legal guardian. I can't get custody of my daughter again because the guardianship's permanent. What I really want to do is to live on my own, in my own place. Right now, I'm living in this facility for people with mental illness and have been there for almost a year. I used to live with my mom and stepdad during my high school and college years, and then with my dad and stepmom. Living with my step parents wasn't easy. My stepdad was depressed all the time, sarcastic, a hard ass and my mom was popping pills like they were popcorn. My stepmom was difficult to live with because she and I never saw eye to eye with things. Our personalities are like oil and water. The worst part for me is that she doesn't believe in Asperger's Syndrome and wants nothing to do with autism. My sister and I aren't talking to each other right now, so it's not like I can go over to her place to see my daughter. I have to wait for my dad to bring her over to where I live because I don't drive or have the money for public transportation. However, I'm hoping to get a free bus pass soon. So, there's my situation in a nutshell. (Again, not literally)