Page 4 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 1:43 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
The nudity bit was so the cops would place me in isolation and not general population.

Also, you're not the first person to mention schizophrenia. My current psychiatrist checks me for it whenever she sees me. The psychologist at the crisis center I went to a month ago screened me for it, and the psychologist at DSHS also screened me for it.

Probably makes sense considering I teeter between so many mental health issues.

Ah! I understand about isolation vs. general.

What makes sense----that they're continually screening you, or a Schizophrenia diagnosis?

It's angering, to me, that they're not doing, more----and, I feel it's because-of what you said about them not wanting to do the mountain of paperwork, that comes-with another (or, additional) diagnosis; and, meanwhile, you're not getting a fair shake (proper care, medication, and guidance).

How often do you see your current psychiatrist? Her doing a screening for Schizophrenia every time she sees you, seems strange. I'm thinking that if she only sees you once-a-year, that it's a requirement, and I can understand that. If, however, she sees you more frequently (which is what I'm thinking----for medicinal maintenance), I don't understand the frequent screening, for the same thing. The thought crossed my mind that she's doing it, hoping her assessment of Schizophrenia, will change----so she won't have to do anything, about it (and that, quite frankly, is very close to bordering on EVIL, IMO).

The thing about schizophrenia is that it can be cyclical. For example, a person can be reasonably well for a few years and then suddenly it's psychosis galore. Or the cycles can be shorter. It's different from autism, which is worsened by stress, but is not qualitatively different over time.

*edited to make better sense*

Last edited by underwater on 13 Jan 2017, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 2:25 pm

Threads like this are never complete without Questioning the Fascist-Stream Media...

Let us not forget to quote some of the comments made in response to the video...
Lisa W wrote:
At Dylann's arraignment hearing, he states that he was unemployed. Who has been paying for his rent, utilities, cell phone, digital camera, nice clothing, food, transportation, guns, ammo, all the photo shoot props, the computer he used to create the manifesto and post it on-line, the alleged trip to N. Carolina as he fled the scene of the alleged crime, the psychiatric drugs he is obviously medicated with and the bad haircuts? This is a BASIC common sense question everyone should ask before taking the manifesto as fact.

Caji2 wrote:
He lived with a black guy who was his BEST friend..This was a CIA mind control MK ultra operation....Check out the lady he so called left alive and see how long has she been at that church. If less than a year, she is CIA...5-6 years she is a patsy. They have to turn us all against each other so we want band together, like we should, and fight them, this evil cabal illegal government..About 50 million of us need to march on washington, district of criminals and throw them all out on their paid off ass's... !...Thanks for your videos Bro....

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 2:53 pm

Welcome back to WP, Ban-Dodger

Long time no see.

Yep.

And I am sure that Dylan Roof himself is a shapeshifting Reptoid from Arcturus.

But the next time they fire up the atom smasher at Cern the Mandella Effect will kick in,and we will all be in that parallel universe in which this whole church murder thing never happened!

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 3:39 pm

The "screening" for schizophrenia that medical professionals have done with me, and continue to do, consists of just a few questions. To wit:

1. Are you hearing voices?
2. Are you seeing things that aren't there?
3. Are you feeling suicidal or homicidal?

To be fair, the medical professionals don't use the word "schizophrenia", but that's what it pretty much alludes to.

And here's another thing: psychiatrists are so over-burdened with work that they can't prioritize their clients. There are a few reasons for this:

1. There are just too many psych patients and not enough doctors.
2. Most psych patients just don't have the funds for more than a few days of intensive inpatient treatment.
3. Some psych patients cycle between psychotic episodes so quickly that, when they're at their worst, that period may not always be on display.

I was thinking about Esteban Santiago, the PTSD ex-military young man who killed five people at a Florida airport. In his case, he was treated for his PTSD for a grand total of FOUR DAYS, then released by the hospital, only to surface days later to carry out his volatile, aberrant act.

I can't help thinking there are MANY, MANY people out there who show signs of psychosis, reach out for help in the best way they know how, then one of two things happen - they go on a killing spree or kill themselves. I WONDER if Dylann Roof exhibited signs that he WANTED to stop his racist views but just didn't know how. Just saying.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 4:41 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
But the next time they fire up the atom smasher at Cern the Mandella Effect will kick in,and we will all be in that parallel universe in which this whole church murder thing never happened!

That's just what THEY want you to believe.

The possibility you raise, redrobin62, is horrible. If that happened, it would be tragic.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 6:12 pm

Lock him up for life, execute him; I don't care, as long as he is off the street. Evil or mentally ill, it doesn't matter; his crimes are inexcusable.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 6:22 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

I miss the pre-internet olden day republican loonies - my favourite nutjob theory was the jews were causing drought in California

Now there's too many conservative crazies in America
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/58-d ... acy-guide/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 6:32 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Lock him up for life, execute him; I don't care, as long as he is off the street. Evil or mentally ill, it doesn't matter; his crimes are inexcusable.

The judge in his case tried to convince the family of the victims to forgive him and think about what Roof's family are going through. I don't recall any judge prosecuting terrorists ever considering their families?

Normally I'm against the death penalty but keeping Roof alive would make him a magnet for other right wing nutjobs. Like Timothy McVeigh it's safer for the general public to humanely inject him.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 7:18 pm

Are there any sources out there saying that Dylann was autistic or had any mental illnesses? I looked him up and couldn't find any articles saying he had any disorders. So for now people saying he is mentally ill or has autism are just hearsay and just an opinion.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 8:19 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Are there any sources out there saying that Dylann was autistic or had any mental illnesses? I looked him up and couldn't find any articles saying he had any disorders. So for now people saying he is mentally ill or has autism are just hearsay and just an opinion.

There is no official evidence that he was diagnosed with anything although he may be undiagnosed. There is some behavioral similarity with Adam Lanza (US mass shooter) Anders Breivik (Norway mass shooter) and Martin Bryant (Australian mass shooter) who all had Aspergers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 8:53 pm

cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

There is no official evidence that he was diagnosed with anything although he may be undiagnosed. There is some behavioral similarity with Adam Lanza (US mass shooter) Anders Breivik (Norway mass shooter) and Martin Bryant (Australian mass shooter) who all had Aspergers.

I might be wrong, but I believe Lanza was never diagnosed; rather, his mother, Nancy, thought he might be. It should be remembered, she was not a psychologist or psychiatrist, but might very well have been a survivalist nutbar.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 9:00 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Threads like this are never complete without Questioning the Fascist-Stream Media...

Let us not forget to quote some of the comments made in response to the video...

Lisa W wrote:
At Dylann's arraignment hearing, he states that he was unemployed. Who has been paying for his rent, utilities, cell phone, digital camera, nice clothing, food, transportation, guns, ammo, all the photo shoot props, the computer he used to create the manifesto and post it on-line, the alleged trip to N. Carolina as he fled the scene of the alleged crime, the psychiatric drugs he is obviously medicated with and the bad haircuts? This is a BASIC common sense question everyone should ask before taking the manifesto as fact.

Caji2 wrote:
He lived with a black guy who was his BEST friend..This was a CIA mind control MK ultra operation....Check out the lady he so called left alive and see how long has she been at that church. If less than a year, she is CIA...5-6 years she is a patsy. They have to turn us all against each other so we want band together, like we should, and fight them, this evil cabal illegal government..About 50 million of us need to march on washington, district of criminals and throw them all out on their paid off ass's... !...Thanks for your videos Bro....

Just goes to show you, Dylan Roof isn't the only one in this country who's bat sh*t crazy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 6:21 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I might be wrong, but I believe Lanza was never diagnosed; rather, his mother, Nancy, thought he might be. It should be remembered, she was not a psychologist or psychiatrist, but might very well have been a survivalist nutbar.

A couple of psychology journals published he was diagnosed with Aspergers?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 3:33 pm

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I miss the pre-internet olden day republican loonies - my favourite nutjob theory was the jews were causing drought in California

Now there's too many conservative crazies in America
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/58-d ... acy-guide/

Jeeze!! !

I only knew a handful of Trump conspiracy theories until now! Didnt know that he had already offered up as many flavors as Baskin Robbins Ice Cream! :lol:

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 6:11 pm

I'm opposed to the death penalty but gosh is it hard to feel sorry for Dylann Roof. They brought the whole situation down on themself.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 12:31 pm

I think that the US state where he is has only two choices, either they go ahead with the death penalty or he has to spend the rest of his life in jail.

After what he did I think that he can not be trusted to be at large, he might either try to do it again or he might incite or encourage others to do likewise. I do not think that he was suffering from some mental illness which compelled him to do it. I think he attended the prayer meeting with the intent of committing murder, he made an evil choice and now he needs to accept his just deserts.

I think that even if a death penalty (or whole life tariff) is legal for murderers, a common or garden murder does not justify it. To me Roof is in the same class of person as killed Yitzhak Rabin. The vile creep who killed Rabin was a thing not a man, the judges commented at the end of his trial.

"Every murder is an abominable act, but the act before us is more abominable sevenfold, because not only has the accused not expressed regret or sorrow, but he also seeks to show that he is at peace with himself over the act that he perpetrated. He who so calmly cuts short another's life, only proves the depth of wretchedness to which [his] values have fallen, and thus he does not merit any regard whatsoever, except pity, because he has lost his humanity"

Roof seems to show no remorse for what he has done, I think the fact that he killed multiple people in a hate crime tips the case from being a "normal murder case" into a murder case with aggravating features. I think that Roof is similar to some of the worst of the UK criminals who have been given whole life tariffs, in terms of depravity he seems similar to Myra Hindley (sexual sadist who kidnapped and murdered children with her boyfriend), Jermey Bamber (He killed his whole family with a gun for monetary gain) and Colin Ireland (known as the "Gay Slayer", he did it because he wanted to become a serial killer). Trust me the deeds of these three UK criminals are not suitable reading for those who are fainthearted.

My vote would be for life with no hope of release, I think that even the slowest execution method possible would be too rapid a punishment for Roof.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.