Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 11:00 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I've never had a good feeling pertaining to Trump's relationship with Russia---and, especially, with Putin.

I just hope that whatever shred of "moral authority" the US has in the world doesn't disintegrate under Trump's tutelage.

Moral authority!! !! !!?????? I got a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell to you!! !! !! !! !

Whatever shred of "moral authority" the US had disintegrated over 50 years ago with the rise of the sexual revolution, the hippie/yippie movement of the 1960's, the rise of neo-whatever politics in the 70's and 80's, the greed of the '90, to the free fall this country is in today. Maybe tRump will finally put this country out of it's misery by turning it into a dictatorship. Hopefully, then people will realize what they've given up, although, with the dumbing down of the average American, I highly doubt it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 11:07 am

feral botanist wrote:
EzraS wrote:
All those media rags who maligned Trump will be groveling to him within a year.

Is this really something you would enjoy? People groveling?

Yes I want to see the entire world crawling on their bellies before Donald J Trump whahaha.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 11:18 am

androbot01 wrote:
Quote:
Trump’s tweet Thursday morning reiterated his outrage over the information that was leaked. It did, however, corroborate part of Clapper’s statement: that the two men spoke and denounced the leaks. Trump also called the contents of the dossier “made up, phony facts”—even though Clapper’s statement made it a point to say the intelligence community “has not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable.” In other words, while Trump says he believes the information is fake, Clapper isn’t saying either way whether it is or not. It’s worth noting two things here: First, the contents of the dossier have not been independently corroborated. Second, Clapper’s statement, as my colleague McKay Coppins noted, verified the essentials of CNN’s report, and the BBC, which Trump sarcastically dismissed in his news conference as “another beauty,” reported Wednesday it had multiple sources for the information about Trump. Trump ended his tweet with “Too bad!” What that’s specifically referring to is unclear, but the president-elect will likely let us know soon—on Twitter.

The Atlantic

So Trump admits he was presented with the 2-page synopsis of the allegations. What I don't understand is why he is not concerned about what the intelligence agency is telling him. He trusts Russia's word more than that of the government he is to rule. Putin will turn America into its puppet with Trump at the helm. Trump's own behavior is suspicious and now there is a trail of blackmail.

I think he already knows whether or not the allegations are lies about him. Regardless of Russia also confirming it's not true. Of course Russia saying none of it is true, means they have nothing to blackmail him with.

Also it's amusing to me how people go from saying he's going to become a dictator like Hitler, to saying he's going to become a weak little puppet. I mean which of those two extremes is it supposed to be?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 11:19 am

Tollorin wrote:

I am quite a fan of the BBC here in the UK but if you asked a cross section of society here what they thought of it you would get a fair few getting angry at the suggestion they offer little partisan bias. You get some real frothing at the mouth types going apesh*t over their hatred of the BBC here.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 11:21 am

I prefer the BBC over most American news agencies.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 11:25 am

EzraS wrote:
feral botanist wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Yes I want to see the entire world crawling on their bellies before Donald J Trump whahaha.

Well played :)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 11:26 am

Tollorin wrote:
EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:
All those media rags who maligned Trump will be groveling to him within a year. Also by then, TMC (Trump Media Corporation) will control at least 50% of the market. Then we can finally relax and receive 24/7 reports of Donald J Trump's accomplishments in making America great again.

Are you sarcastic? Or do you wish that media are controlled by your government, only a government you approve off?

My talking about the future Trump Media Corporation, which is something I made up, is satire.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 11:28 am

EzraS wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:
All those media rags who maligned Trump will be groveling to him within a year. Also by then, TMC (Trump Media Corporation) will control at least 50% of the market. Then we can finally relax and receive 24/7 reports of Donald J Trump's accomplishments in making America great again.

Are you sarcastic? Or do you wish that media are controlled by your government, only a government you approve off?

My talking about the future Trump Media Corporation, which is something I made up, is satire.

Yes, but it sounds all too plausible. Just like Trumps golden showers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 12:34 pm

feral botanist wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:

That golden showers thing is just yellow journalism :P

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 12:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I prefer the BBC over most American news agencies.

Ditto.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 12:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
feral botanist wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
EzraS wrote:
EzraS wrote:

:D

As a Trump supporter you better get used to it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 1:15 pm

feral botanist wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I am not a Trump supporter per se. I'm just not anti-Trump. He could very well absolutely suck as president. But I'll wait until that actually happens. In the meantime I think many liberals are conducting themselves poorly. So I guess I'm doing what's called playing the devil's advocate.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 2:54 pm

feral botanist wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Yes, I've been thinking the same, as Ezra. I've said, before, that it's quite possible that he could be one of the best presidents, we've ever had.

And, YES, you better believe I wanna see the rags groveling----not, just the rags, the MSM----I want them crawling with HUMILITY, for a MILE, on their bellies; and, if they want to ask another question, I want them to be sounding like: "Please, sir, may I have some more"! !

Helen Thomas must be rollin'-over, in her grave!!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 3:09 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
I just love Trump! He's so natural. He's going to be the one to put the news back in order. He sure put CNN in their place! :mrgreen: Good times!

The thing is though, the founding fathers understood that a free and even adversarial press was necessary for keeping a President in check, and insured a free society. Trump's BFF, Putin, has been cracking down on the Russian press critical of him, possibly even ordering assassinations of reporters. I for one am fearful for the future of our republic if the press is bullied into silence.

More like called into account for producing yellow journalism.

Yellow journalism is actually the business of Fox, Breitbart, and the like. Just because Trump calls CNN phony news doesn't necessarily make it so.

CNN is just the leftist version of Fox. I don't go to either source unless I'm looking for skewed sensationalism.

Seriously? MSNBC is far more to the left than the middle-of-the-road CNN.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 3:10 pm

EzraS wrote:
feral botanist wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I am not a Trump supporter per se. I'm just not anti-Trump. He could very well absolutely suck as president. But I'll wait until that actually happens. In the meantime I think many liberals are conducting themselves poorly. So I guess I'm doing what's called playing the devil's advocate.

I am anti-Trump, but I am not pro-Clinton.

I think people on both sides of the political fence have behaved poorly.

It seems to me that the largest segment of the popultion does not really have any firm morality, but will take on any belief that benefits them. :|

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Jan 2017, 3:14 pm

The news-entertainment complex needs to be knocked down a peg, the fake news and partisan misinformation are becoming one I of the main problems in this country. Perhaps France is on to something with their privacy laws, that is a right that the SCOTUS says we have so what does that all apply to? I support the decision in the Hulk Hogan v Gawker case, there was obvious malicious intent and demonstrably damages. What the news media is essentially doing is yelling fire in a crowded movie theater and I'm not saying there should be censorship but these organizations should also be a little more cognizant of the fact that libel is not protected free speech.