Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Jan 2017, 8:47 am

Was Obama putting Fox News in its place 'dictator' stuff?

CNN is a fake news outlet that is waging a propaganda war against our PEOTUS, I don't think what they are doing should even be legal and I think their corporate ownership should be taken into account. Hopefully Trump blocks this Time Warner/AT&T merger or force Time Warner to sell off CNN.

Trump has every right not to take a specific news outlet that has done him wrong, hiding from the press altogether like Hillary did most of the campaign is dictator stuff. Trump is an open book, CNN's wounds are totally self inflicted.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 8:49 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
That's the thing....there's something called "Freedom of the Press."

Trump "putting CNN in its place" is dictator stuff.

If we lose Freedom of the Press, we lose accountability.

Leaders could then do what the hell they want, to the profit of them, and the loss of whom they are governing.

Anderson Cooper interviewed KellyAnne Conway last night and she scolded CNN and told them they should fire the reporters responsible for challenging Trump, so that a better relationship can be formed between CNN and the Trump administration. That scares me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 8:53 am

If Obama "put Fox in its place," then it would be dictator stuff.

I'm a staunch defender of Freedom of the Press.

At the same time, I also believe the Press has a responsibility to be as objective as possible. These days, they are failing miserably.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 8:53 am

androbot01 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Leaders could then do what the hell they want, to the profit of them, and the loss of whom they are governing.

Anderson Cooper interviewed KellyAnne Conway last night and she scolded CNN and told them they should fire the reporters responsible for challenging Trump, so that a better relationship can be formed between CNN and the Trump administration. That scares me.

They should be fired for being liars and partisan hacks who rigged the primary for Hillary and tried the same with the general, how is it tolerated that they literally pre-screened the debate questions with Hillary? If that had happened in another country we would of called it a failing democracy. Our media is corrupt to the core in America, it cannot be trusted when it acts essentially as a propaganda arm for one political party or candidate. That is what is truly scary.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:01 am

Jacoby wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

They should be fired for being liars and partisan hacks who rigged the primary for Hillary and tried the same with the general, how is it tolerated that they literally pre-screened the debate questions with Hillary? If that had happened in another country we would of called it a failing democracy. Our media is corrupt to the core in America, it cannot be trusted when it acts essentially as a propaganda arm for one political party or candidate. That is what is truly scary.

The issue is not whether CNN has crappy reporting, but rather that Conway tried to manipulate their behaviour with the promise of Trump's favor. The press has to be independent from the government.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:11 am

androbot01 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The issue is not whether CNN has crappy reporting, but rather that Conway tried to manipulate their behaviour with the promise of Trump's favor. The press has to be independent from the government.

So how did you feel about the US media universally campaigning on behalf of Hillary? Wikileaks showed us the absolutely incestuous relationship the Clinton campaign had with the media, I don't think 2016 passes the muster of a free and fair election as far as the media goes and that's a problem.

A complicit press is far far more dangerous than a hostile one, CNN is 100% pure yellow journalism and fake news. People like them are why we invaded Iraq, no one has ever been held accountable for that by the way. They should be punished in any way possible and called out at every chance, there are other partisan news channels but CNN pretends to be above that and lies more than anyone else.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:17 am

I don't even bother to listen seriously to much media when it comes to politics.

The subjectivity shown these days is blindingly obvious.

It's a pity, really.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:18 am

The U.S. did not invade Iraq because of CNN.

Quote:
The treatment of Mr. Acosta raised alarms among news media advocates and his fellow journalists, particularly after Mr. Acosta described a threat by Mr. Spicer to eject him from the news conference when he persisted in trying to ask the president-elect a question.

Harsh words between reporters and press secretaries happen. But an anchor for a rival network, Shepard Smith of Fox News, later came to Mr. Acosta’s defense, saying that no “journalists should be subjected to belittling and delegitimizing by the president-elect of the United States.”

The New York Times: Donald Trump’s News Session Starts War With and Within Media

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:21 am

There is evidence that Saddam used, at least, poison gas, if not biological warfare, on Kurdish rebels in the past.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:34 am

androbot01 wrote:
The U.S. did not invade Iraq because of CNN.

Quote:
The treatment of Mr. Acosta raised alarms among news media advocates and his fellow journalists, particularly after Mr. Acosta described a threat by Mr. Spicer to eject him from the news conference when he persisted in trying to ask the president-elect a question.

Harsh words between reporters and press secretaries happen. But an anchor for a rival network, Shepard Smith of Fox News, later came to Mr. Acosta’s defense, saying that no “journalists should be subjected to belittling and delegitimizing by the president-elect of the United States.”

The New York Times: Donald Trump’s News Session Starts War With and Within Media

No but they were complicit with the war criminals behind it, CNN's corporate ownership is big in the MIC and they advocate for their interests.

I have no issue with how Trump treats the press, I think he's a bit too nice myself.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:35 am

All those media rags who maligned Trump will be groveling to him within a year. Also by then, TMC (Trump Media Corporation) will control at least 50% of the market. Then we can finally relax and receive 24/7 reports of Donald J Trump's accomplishments in making America great again.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:41 am

In other countries, complicit media like we have would be considered an affront to democracy and an attempted coup. The way they worked with the Clinton campaign was illegal and should be investigated in my opinion, they stop being independent or free quite awhile ago. If I were Trump I would pull CNN's press credentials, yellow journalism is out of control and they will not stop unless they feel consequences.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:49 am

Quote:
Trump’s tweet Thursday morning reiterated his outrage over the information that was leaked. It did, however, corroborate part of Clapper’s statement: that the two men spoke and denounced the leaks. Trump also called the contents of the dossier “made up, phony facts”—even though Clapper’s statement made it a point to say the intelligence community “has not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable.” In other words, while Trump says he believes the information is fake, Clapper isn’t saying either way whether it is or not. It’s worth noting two things here: First, the contents of the dossier have not been independently corroborated. Second, Clapper’s statement, as my colleague McKay Coppins noted, verified the essentials of CNN’s report, and the BBC, which Trump sarcastically dismissed in his news conference as “another beauty,” reported Wednesday it had multiple sources for the information about Trump. Trump ended his tweet with “Too bad!” What that’s specifically referring to is unclear, but the president-elect will likely let us know soon—on Twitter.

The Atlantic

So Trump admits he was presented with the 2-page synopsis of the allegations. What I don't understand is why he is not concerned about what the intelligence agency is telling him. He trusts Russia's word more than that of the government he is to rule. Putin will turn America into its puppet with Trump at the helm. Trump's own behavior is suspicious and now there is a trail of blackmail.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 10:34 am

I've never had a good feeling pertaining to Trump's relationship with Russia---and, especially, with Putin.

I just hope that whatever shred of "moral authority" the US has in the world doesn't disintegrate under Trump's tutelage.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 10:48 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
I just love Trump! He's so natural. He's going to be the one to put the news back in order. He sure put CNN in their place! :mrgreen: Good times!

The thing is though, the founding fathers understood that a free and even adversarial press was necessary for keeping a President in check, and insured a free society. Trump's BFF, Putin, has been cracking down on the Russian press critical of him, possibly even ordering assassinations of reporters. I for one am fearful for the future of our republic if the press is bullied into silence.

More like called into account for producing yellow journalism.

Yellow journalism is actually the business of Fox, Breitbart, and the like. Just because Trump calls CNN phony news doesn't necessarily make it so.

CNN is just the leftist version of Fox. I don't go to either source unless I'm looking for skewed sensationalism.

As far as I know CNN is far from been leftist; they just some corporate news caring only about rating.

EzraS wrote:
All those media rags who maligned Trump will be groveling to him within a year. Also by then, TMC (Trump Media Corporation) will control at least 50% of the market. Then we can finally relax and receive 24/7 reports of Donald J Trump's accomplishments in making America great again.

Are you sarcastic? Or do you wish that media are controlled by your government, only a government you approve off?

Also:

Last edited by Tollorin on 12 Jan 2017, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 10:55 am

EzraS wrote:
All those media rags who maligned Trump will be groveling to him within a year.

Is this really something you would enjoy? People groveling?