Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 12:41 am

BaalChatzaf wrote:
Aspinator wrote:
I could care less about the steps Trump or his proxies want to take on the financial front but it is scary how they want to reverse social gains. I will never believe that people who voted for him want to roll back the social gains we have made as a country. I feel most people are fiscally conservative and socially liberal but it appears that Trump is just going to be a mouth piece for the far right.

Do you consider have a sh***y medical insurance system a "social gain"? I don't We have far too much government interference with our private personal lives. A little less might be healthy.

Even medical coverage judged to be sh*tty is still better than none to people who had been barred from any.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 3:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Even medical coverage judged to be sh*tty is still better than none to people who had been barred from any.

Then it should have been given to them, while leaving everyone else alone. Which is what Obama promised would happen at least 36 separate times that I know of.

And I really still don't see how $200 per month with a $10,000 deductible and 40% coverage is any kind of realistic benefit to anyone.

Face it, the thing is a total flop, and the 2018 version was going to be so much worse, the system would have totally collapsed. Then people really would have been left with absolutely nothing.

You should be thankful someone is trying save us from such a disaster. Instead of Hillary, who would have tried preserving the monstrosity until it finally imploded a year from now.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 3:11 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Then it should have been given to them, while leaving everyone else alone. Which is what Obama promised would happen at least 36 separate times that I know of.

And I really still don't see how $200 per month with a $10,000 deductible and 40% coverage is any kind of realistic benefit to anyone.

Face it, the thing is a total flop, and the 2018 version was going to be so much worse, the system would have totally collapsed. Then people really would have been left with absolutely nothing.

You should be thankful someone is trying save us from such a disaster. Instead of Hillary, who would have tried preserving it until it imploded a year from now.

Trouble is, how was it supposed to be paid for if limited to just the needy.
And I hear Trump promising everyone will be covered with his healthcare plan - which might as well be the advent of the Antichrist to conservatives.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 3:29 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

You'll have to ask Obama that. His plan was that everyone who liked their policy could keep their policy. I'm not arguing the flaw of the plan. Or is the idea since the needy didn't have access to health insurance, the fix was to destroy it for the living paycheck to paycheck workers who are barely treading water above needy?

Kraichgauer wrote:
And I hear Trump promising everyone will be covered with his healthcare plan - which might as well be the advent of the Antichrist to conservatives.

Whatever, that's always been his goal, GOP be dammed. And I think he has more bravado and determination to push it through than anyone else would have. The way I see it, this is where his massive ego is going to work in the people's favor. The man is a bulldozer juggernaut.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 9:29 am

nurseangela wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Mike Pence isn't even the VP yet, and I hate him. He won't legalize public nudity, or make fornication mandatory.

I'm afraid to ask, but is this a joke?

Partly, just dealing with a lot of personal crap.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 10:04 am

Real social gains are changes in values and attitudes by the younger generations and the passing of the older generations. A Trump Presidency is unlikely to change what young people think.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 12:13 pm

BTDT wrote:
Real social gains are changes in values and attitudes by the younger generations and the passing of the older generations. A Trump Presidency is unlikely to change what young people think.

The insanely bizarre reactions to Trump becoming president has been effecting what I think, that's for sure. Can't wait to see what extremes they go to this Friday to disrupt the inauguration. I heard one band that was going to play for it canceled because of all the threatening messages they were getting, just like the electors got. It's like borderline terrorism tactics.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 5:05 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You'll have to ask Obama that. His plan was that everyone who liked their policy could keep their policy. I'm not arguing the flaw of the plan. Or is the idea since the needy didn't have access to health insurance, the fix was to destroy it for the living paycheck to paycheck workers who are barely treading water above needy?

Kraichgauer wrote:

Whatever, that's always been his goal, GOP be dammed. And I think he has more bravado and determination to push it through than anyone else would have. The way I see it, this is where his massive ego is going to work in the people's favor. The man is a bulldozer juggernaut.

Well, if Trump can shove universal health care through, he'd look a lot better to me.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 1:25 am

I sent a letter to the mayor of my town (I live in a rather conservative suburb of Houston), simply to ask which bathroom he would require Caitlyn Jenner to use. The purpose is to determine whether to publicly expose the mayor as a right-wing bigot, and force a recall election.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 2:03 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I sent a letter to the mayor of my town (I live in a rather conservative suburb of Houston), simply to ask which bathroom he would require Caitlyn Jenner to use. The purpose is to determine whether to publicly expose the mayor as a right-wing bigot, and force a recall election.

I wish you the best of luck fighting hate and evil.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 2:10 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

Caitlyn Jenner would use the women's bathroom. Which do you propose?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 2:23 am

nurseangela wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

There are homophobic bigots who want to force Jenner and other trans women to use the men's room. They insist trans women want to rape women and girls. :roll:

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 2:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

There are homophobic bigots who want to force Jenner and other trans women to use the men's room. They insist trans women want to rape women and girls. :roll:

I don't believe I asked you. However, let's not beat around the bush because I have been one of those people called a bigot and from my answer you can clearly see I think the same as you. I suggest you know exactly what you are talking about first before you go throwing the "bigot" word around labeling perfectly innocent people and tarnishing their good name just because they are on the Right and don't share all of your Leftest mentality. Grow up Kraichgauer, because I'm getting damn tired of it.

That goes for you too, Tim.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 2:59 am

nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

I don't believe I asked you. However, let's not beat around the bush because I have been one of those people called a bigot and from my answer you can clearly see I think the same as you. I suggest you know exactly what you are talking about first before you go throwing the "bigot" word around labeling perfectly innocent people and tarnishing their good name just because they are on the Right and don't share all of your Leftest mentality. Grow up Kraichgauer, because I'm getting damn tired of it.

That goes for you too, Tim.

Then what are you going to call those who want to bring back discrimination against LGBT people?

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 5:57 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Jenner's gay?

I wasn't aware.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jan 2017, 8:18 am

adifferentname wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Jenner's gay?

I wasn't aware.

She has been married to three different women, including reality TV star Kris Jenner.