Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 12:37 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
What I'm noticing is apparently it's okay for a congressman to trash the president. But if the president points out flaws he sees in the congressman, that's just awful. Especially if that congressman was a civil rights activist and it's MLK weekend. That automatically makes it racist.

The thing is when someone trashes Trump, he has the right to respond. The leftists aren't calling Lewis or Streep immature for what they said about Trump. Yet when he's responds likewise, oh well that's inexcusable. Typical double standards.

I think most just don't like the fact that Trump can and will zap them back immediately if he wants. Obama made a sarcastic remark about dealing with people face to face instead of using Twitter. But none of these people say these things to Trump's face. And can you imagine how the leftists would react if Trump did start confronting people face to face?

I never accused Trump of being a racist in regard to his feud with Lewis. No, I'm saying he's an intellectually shallow blowhard who lacks control over his temperament, and with MLK Day coming up, lacks any sense of timing in taking up a fight with a civil rights hero like Lewis. My point was, the attacks on Obama were often clearly racial, whereas Lewis' beef with Trump is not.

Why is it people think I'm talking about them personally, when I'm addressing an entire demographic? Or that their post is the only thing I read regarding a subject? I read the racist remarks across the internet and heard them across TV and radio.

But getting back to the subject, I think leftists want to insist he's all kinds of awful for responding to his critics in hopes of suppressing him. But that's not going to happen. Given Trump's pattern, it almost seems like Lewis timed his comments, so that he the hero champion of civil rights back in the 60's, would get a response from Trump on MLK weekend. Oh how could he to such a hero at such a time boo hoo.

Or maybe, Lewis said what he had due to the fact the Trump's inauguration is coming up.

DinoMongoosePenguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jan 2017, 12:50 am

the_phoenix wrote:
Question: Is John Lewis legitimate?

Here's a tweet from President-Elect Trump:

"Congressman John Lewis should spend more time on fixing and helping his district, which is in horrible shape and falling apart (not to mention crime infested) rather than falsely complaining about the election results. All talk, talk, talk - no action or results. Sad," Trump tweeted Saturday, which happened to fall on the weekend of the Martin Luther King Jr. federal holiday."

Trump rips 'all talk,' 'no action' civil rights icon Lewis

Oh, about the news link I shared? It's from CNN, recently called out as a Fake News network by Trump, so you're welcome to question the legitimacy of CNN as well if you like. :P

I have my own favorite nicknames for the networks (most of them other's nicknames):

CNN - Clinton News Network/Communist News Network
MSNBC - Moonbats Spewing Nothing But Crap
NBC - Nice Barack Comments
CBS - Carrying Barack's Suitcase
Associated Press - Associated Depressed
Face the Nation - Deface the Nation
ABC - All a Bunch of Communists
ESPN - Extremely Sensitive Progressive Nazis
NPR - National Propaganda Radio
New York Times - New York Slimes
Huffington Post - Huffington Puffington Compost
Morning Joe - Morning Schmoe
Rachel Maddow - Rachel Madcow

Fox News - Faux News
Breitbart - Trumpbart
Mike Huckabee - Mike Huckaphony / the Huckster
Bill O'Reiley - Bill O'Rudely
Megan Kelly - Megan Smelly
Karl Rove - The Pillsbury Dough Boy with the White Clipboard
Great van Sustran - Regretta van Sustran
Michael Savage - Weiner Nation
Rush Limbaugh - Rush Dimbulb
Sean Hannity - Sean Vanity / Sham Hannity

(The last two got their nicknames because they disappointed me with how they sold out conservationism, something they said they dedicated their life to, for Trump, and now pretend that Trump isn't a liberal Republican. Rush should retire and stick to writing Rush Revere books, which he's better at. As for Hanity, I was worried that he'd catch the RINO from hanging out with all of those RINOs on Fox.)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 12:55 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
What I'm noticing is apparently it's okay for a congressman to trash the president. But if the president points out flaws he sees in the congressman, that's just awful. Especially if that congressman was a civil rights activist and it's MLK weekend. That automatically makes it racist.

The thing is when someone trashes Trump, he has the right to respond. The leftists aren't calling Lewis or Streep immature for what they said about Trump. Yet when he's responds likewise, oh well that's inexcusable. Typical double standards.

I think most just don't like the fact that Trump can and will zap them back immediately if he wants. Obama made a sarcastic remark about dealing with people face to face instead of using Twitter. But none of these people say these things to Trump's face. And can you imagine how the leftists would react if Trump did start confronting people face to face?

I never accused Trump of being a racist in regard to his feud with Lewis. No, I'm saying he's an intellectually shallow blowhard who lacks control over his temperament, and with MLK Day coming up, lacks any sense of timing in taking up a fight with a civil rights hero like Lewis. My point was, the attacks on Obama were often clearly racial, whereas Lewis' beef with Trump is not.

Why is it people think I'm talking about them personally, when I'm addressing an entire demographic? Or that their post is the only thing I read regarding a subject? I read the racist remarks across the internet and heard them across TV and radio.

But getting back to the subject, I think leftists want to insist he's all kinds of awful for responding to his critics in hopes of suppressing him. But that's not going to happen. Given Trump's pattern, it almost seems like Lewis timed his comments, so that he the hero champion of civil rights back in the 60's, would get a response from Trump on MLK weekend. Oh how could he to such a hero at such a time boo hoo.

Or maybe, Lewis said what he had due to the fact the Trump's inauguration is coming up.

Or maybe both. But I doubt that was Lewis's plan. Probably one of those just figures things. But that's a good point about him saying what he had to say. I think that compulsory commenting should go both ways. And that someone should be able to respond to someone else, no matter day it is or any other circumstances such as that person's race or gender, did something heroic, won the Nobel prize, saved a kitten, their pet hamster just died etc.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 1:11 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Or maybe both. But I doubt that was Lewis's plan. Probably one of those just figures things. But that's a good point about him saying what he had to say. I think that compulsory commenting should go both ways. And that someone should be able to respond to someone else, no matter day it is or any other circumstances such as that person's race or gender, did something heroic, won the Nobel prize, saved a kitten, their pet hamster just died etc.

I never said Trump didn't have the right to respond. Rather, I'm saying it's not always politic to respond, since after all, Obama didn't respond to every batsh*t thing that was verbally hurled at him. And if Trump truly believed a response was warranted, he perhaps should have chosen his words a bit better, instead of attacking Lewis and his career personally. That way, Trump could at least pretend he had the higher ground.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 2:03 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I never said Trump didn't have the right to respond. Rather, I'm saying it's not always politic to respond, since after all, Obama didn't respond to every batsh*t thing that was verbally hurled at him. And if Trump truly believed a response was warranted, he perhaps should have chosen his words a bit better, instead of attacking Lewis and his career personally. That way, Trump could at least pretend he had the higher ground.

Trump isn't a politician though. He said a crap load of things that were not politic during his campaign. That's what people like about him over a typical career politician. As far as Obama goes, one of the Trump supporters slogan's was, finally a president with balls. Based on what I've heard Obama was too genteel and didn't have enough bravado. Lewis attacked Trump's pending career, so Trump attacked his career in turn tit for tat. Same goes for Streep. What's that saying, if you don't want to hear from the genie, don't rub the lamp? I like the fact that Trump is outspoken and says what's on his mind. I get the idea Lewis is outspoken as well. I like candor. I think in a lot of cases it's been PCed to death.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 2:30 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Trump isn't a politician though. He said a crap load of things that were not politic during his campaign. That's what people like about him over a typical career politician. As far as Obama goes, one of the Trump supporters slogan's was, finally a president with balls. Based on what I've heard Obama was too genteel and didn't have enough bravado. Lewis attacked Trump's pending career, so Trump attacked his career in turn tit for tat. Same goes for Streep. What's that saying, if you don't want to hear from the genie, don't rub the lamp? I like the fact that Trump is outspoken and says what's on his mind. I get the idea Lewis is outspoken as well. I like candor. I think in a lot of cases it's been PCed to death.

Trump's outspokenness might just turn around and bite him on the a$$, as it's being reported that his honeymoon as President might already be over before it begins. Shooting off his mouth while running for President is one thing, but carrying it on after getting into the White House, is quite another. And as I recall, he had promised he'd shape up and be more Presidential if he won the election.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 2:46 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Trump's outspokenness might just turn around and bite him on the a$$, as it's being reported that his honeymoon as President might already be over before it begins. Shooting off his mouth while running for President is one thing, but carrying it on after getting into the White House, is quite another. And as I recall, he had promised he'd shape up and be more Presidential if he won the election.

His immediate impeachment has been predicted ever since he started running for office. Personally I don't think candor should be grounds for impeachment.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 3:05 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

His immediate impeachment has been predicted ever since he started running for office. Personally I don't think candor should be grounds for impeachment.

I'm not talking about impeachment, but the likelihood that his first term will be his last.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 3:58 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm not talking about impeachment, but the likelihood that his first term will be his last.

Giving him a whole first term is pretty generous. Seems like a good portion of his detractors expect him impeached or worse way before then. Personally I find the whole thing quite entertaining. His tweets, people's reactions to his tweets, reactions to his election, the whole whole thing.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 7:56 am

EzraS wrote:
Trump isn't a politician though.

He is now.
EzraS wrote:
...Lewis attacked Trump's pending career, so Trump attacked his career in turn tit for tat. Same goes for Streep.

It would be less embarrassing for Trump if he would actually put some thought into his retorts. His counter punches against Lewis were seemingly unrelated to his target. Tweeting is fine, but your words still have to have some tie to reality.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 8:10 am

Ganondox wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
And they helped destroy the candidacy of Hillary Clinton," Lewis said.

Rep. Lewis's logic ...

1. The Russians exposed Clinton's crooked paper trail.
2. Therefore, Trump is not legitimate.
3. Because Clinton would of won had she been able to hide her crooked dealings.

Except Hilary wasn't crooked, the data was just marketed as being such. Trump meanwhile has a long history of corruption, but no one gave a damn about it.

Tell that to Bernie Sander's supporters.

They found out Clinton was getting preferential treatment.

Hacked Emails show how DNC Hostile to Bernie Sanders
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ap-hacked-e ... e-sanders/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 9:00 am

One more thing I'll add is maybe Trump will start acting more presidential, when more people in the government, the media and the entertainment industry, start treating him more like the President.

Here's one man's interesting take on things. His opinion of John Lewis starts @ 3:00

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 1:09 pm

I'm not sure why everyone is suddenly hung up about what is and is not "presidential", given that everyone complains about our presidents constantly. Trump won a change election by not being like the other candidates, why would he change a strategy that's worked for him so far?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 1:23 pm

EzraS wrote:

EzraS wrote:
...I think leftists want to insist he's all kinds of awful for responding to his critics in hopes of suppressing him. But that's not going to happen. Given Trump's pattern, it almost seems like Lewis timed his comments, so that he the hero champion of civil rights back in the 60's, would get a response from Trump on MLK weekend. Oh how could he to such a hero at such a time boo hoo.

EzraS wrote:
Personally I find the whole thing quite entertaining. His tweets, people's reactions to his tweets, reactions to his election, the whole whole thing.

QFT I TOTALLY agree!!

I also find it entertaining----I sit and make retorts to whomever's on TV, say "HA!" and stuff, and LOL!!

Dox47 wrote:
Trump won a change election by not being like the other candidates, why would he change a strategy that's worked for him so far?

EXACTLY!! I'm thinking MANY people find him refreshing, that he speaks his mind and tweets----no one ever has to wonder what he's thinking!! I wonder how that's gonna work, though, after Friday----if they'll let him to continue to tweet?