Just lost my job for the xth time now...

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

HenryGramer
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2017, 6:38 pm

I just want to make things quick because I know people on here rant so much that I get lost in the conversation.

Anyway, I just got fired today for the xth time all because I was always working on music production and DJing while at work because work was that boring.

Now I gotta look for a new job soon. Something that will prevent me from getting fired again and something that involves music. And I am not going to let my family know for a week or 2 just so I can fully absorb what just happened and try and look for something quick.

ND score: 131/200
NT score: 58/200

Says I'm Aspie...

Please don't type of paragraphs in response to my questions or replies because that will overwhelm my mind and make me not want to read your responses.

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2017, 11:09 am

It's very important that you work while you work. I had a problem with surfing while working. Solved it with a web page-block-extension-thingy called Stayfocusd for Chrome.

Good luck finding a new job. If you want paid work in the music industry two things have to be in order: 1) you have to be the best of the best at what you do and 2) you need a huge network, i.e. you need to know people who are in the industry and are hiring. If you just want something music-related, you could try a record store or a musical instrument store, if you know a lot about gear. But even those jobs are hard to find and the whole music world is rather crowded.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 8:24 pm

What do you expect? Your boss is paying you to work for them not do your own stuff!

If you employed someone to work for you would you be happy to pay them to skite off?

The plan is this, go to work, quietly get the job done they are paying you to do and after your shift bugger off home and do your own thing, $$$ in the bank.

Belushi87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2017, 10:50 pm

you were caught doing something that wasn't part of the job you were hired for. if work was that boring, you could have talked to the manager and tell them you needed something more challenging, you could have been honest and maybe you and the manager could have come up with a plan to make the job work. if he knew that you at anxiety, autism or something else, then he would have been able to work around what you can and can't do.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 1:05 pm

That's on you. If the job is that boring, I would say you should have tried to find something else instead of just winging it and doing a half-assed job. If the job paid a lot, then I'd put up with the dullness but if it didn't pay that well, looking for another job would have been ideal.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

HenryGramer
Raven
Raven

30 Jan 2017, 10:30 pm

Well, all these answers are for damn sure. I really hated my job so much and it was always downtime. Looks like I'm gonna have to look at different type of jobs and keep moving forward even if what I did was on me to get fired.

ND score: 131/200
NT score: 58/200

Says I'm Aspie...

Please don't type of paragraphs in response to my questions or replies because that will overwhelm my mind and make me not want to read your responses.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Feb 2017, 4:48 pm

Yep. It happens to me in every job after 6 months.
I've learned I can only accept part time work, and focus on my own self employment the rest of my time.