Inauguration Entertainers Receive Death Threats

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 4:23 pm

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/14/blind-tenor-andrea-bocelli-backs-out-of-trump-inauguration-after-receiving-death-threats/

The Blaze wrote:
After word broke that award-winning Broadway performer Jennifer Holliday had decided to back out of performing at President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration next week, it was reported Saturday that opera tenor Andrea Bocelli also decided against performing after receiving death threats...

...had been determined to ‘press ahead’ and sing but had pulled out on the advice of his security team after receiving threats to his life.

...is very sad to be missing the chance to sing at such a huge global event but he has been advised it is simply not worth the risk.

Holliday pulled out after she received backlash online, particularly from her LGBT supporters.

TMZ reports, though, that the entertainers were replaced, and that a tight lid is being kept on who is entertaining, because they don't want those entertainers to ALSO receive death threats.

There IS one entertainer who announced, against advisement NOT to, that he had accepted the invitation to sing at the inauguration, and that he doesn't care if he receives death threats----and, that is gospel singer, Travis Greene. He said he thought and prayed alot, about singing at the inauguration----and, he asked himself THREE questions: 1. Would I do it, for free? (NOT that he is.) Yes. 2. Would I sing, if nobody was listening? Yes. 3. What would Jesus do? He said that he felt Jesus would do it, to show some love.

I LOVE that!! Whether or not you believe-in Jesus, I'm thinking MOST would appreciate when someone believes, passionately, in sticking to the principles that they had established, for themselves. I tell ya what----I never knew who this guy was, before; but, I wrote his name, down, after I saw him on TMZ, so I can check-out his music.

Also, I think it's interesting that Jackie Evancho is not concerned about offending her fans, or the LGBT community, considering she has a transgender sister (male to female), and is going to sing at the inauguration. Jackie's sister said it was an honor, that Jackie was invited!

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 4:51 pm

I'm going to check that guy out too. Gospel music would do me some good.

It was Hannity that was saying they were thinking of putting some poison in the water supply too. The tickets didn't even sell out because they said people are too afraid to go - including Hannity, but he's still going. It's not Russia we have to worry about, it's our own. Let's hope Martial Law doesn't have to be put into effect.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 5:49 pm

nurseangela wrote:
It's not Russia we have to worry about, it's our own.

Yes----and, isn't that just a little sad.

I REALLY think people need to just get a grip----all the Meryl Streeps and John Lewises just need to get over themselves----PE Trump is going to be our next president.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 6:58 pm

A death threat would only encourage me. I'd brag for years that I'd performed at Trump's inauguration just to taunt them into making good on their threat. :twisted:

Unless Trump really screws the pooch over the next four years I'd bet we'll see even more red states by the next election. People are now seeing the left for what they are...

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 7:52 pm

Raptor wrote:
A death threat would only encourage me. I'd brag for years that I'd performed at Trump's inauguration just to taunt them into making good on their threat. :twisted:

Unless Trump really screws the pooch over the next four years I'd bet we'll see even more red states by the next election. People are now seeing the left for what they are...

You make me laugh, Mr. R. - "screws the pooch" - you have a real way with words! :mrgreen: I haven't heard that one in a long time.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 8:10 pm

Raptor wrote:

Yep, I've thought the same thing. I wish it'd be Maryland----wouldn't that be a hoot----especially, considering Democrats out-number Republicans 2 to 1!! Our Republican governor's pretty popular; so, one never knows.....

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 8:12 pm

The Leftist group that is apparently coordinating disruptions of the inauguration is called DisruptJ20. Another group is called refusefascism.org (they look like a reanimation of the old Communist Youth League of years ago). This is an example of their advertising:

(The extreme Left lives in a world with two categories: Communist (=good) and Fascist (=bad). If you're not a radical Communist, the only other thing you can possibly be is a Fascist. These people dream of being soldiers in the Red Army ca. 1944.)

There is also apparently a pro-Trump hacker group called MidnightRide20 that has hacked into DisruptJ20 and posted some of their disruption plans: https://twitter.com/midnightride20

I understand that ads have been placed in a number of major cities looking for people to work as paid disruptors at the inauguration. Haven't tried to track any of these down.

There Are Four Lights!

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 9:19 pm

The Communists, meaning people who live and breathe hardline Leninism, are heading towards their swan song, and they know it. Their last gasp was the Occupy protests, in their dreams they saw millions of "oppressed" workers marching alongside the core demonstrators, then the cops would rip off their badges and drop their guns and join the marchers, then onward to the glorious world of the united proletariat. That's pretty much the way it happened in Russia in 1917.

But Occupy fizzled. The workers didn't join in, the cops didn't defect to the revolutionaries. It was all downhill from there for the radicals. They tried to start a Kristallnacht against the "evil business elite", only for those poor oppressed workers to stand by and say "ewww, you're burning small businesses that barely turned a profit, what monsters!" Chairman Obama never could get the military on his side, so doing something like martial law was off the table.

Trump is the final nail in the coffin. Big government is pretty much dead. All his appointees have long track records of opposing big govt. Three more days and the Workers' Vanguard is a cornered tiger, desperately lashing out. Of course, the most dangerous animal is the one that is cornered with no escape. Conservatism is on the march in Europe, the UK has withdrawn from the EU, Russia is holding itself up as a bastion of traditional Christian values. On Friday, the Commies are likely to try anything.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 9:43 pm

The continuation of death threats comes as no surprise whatsoever. This segment of leftist regime is sounding more and more like a terrorist organization to me. It will be interesting to see how much havoc they wreak this Friday.

Last edited by EzraS on 17 Jan 2017, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 9:44 pm

You know, The Donald makes me kinda nauseous. He exemplifies a great deal of what I hate about people.

Whatever-- He's about to be the President Of My Country. I hope he does a good job.

I've been proudly committed to liberalism since I was old enough to make a political choice. It's failed. Failed in my personal life, failed as public policy. Failure is failure. I retain my principles-- community, generosity, charity, tolerance, relativism up to a point-- but f**k it. Government-administered generosity and charity has proven a crippling substitute for community, forced tolerance turned out to be analogous to facism, and relativism only goes so far (AKA, "Wrong is still wrong" and "You cannot coexist with people who want to kill you").

I hope he does a good job.

And it makes me f*****g sick to see people who wear a label I have proudly represented and espouse (pervert) values I have carried as my banner of what is right plot violence against those who oppose them on the grounds that the ends justify the means.

No, you stupid f*****g as*holes, the means become the ends. The means change the ends, influence (pervert) the product. Read "The Giver," you stupid f*****g jackholes. THINK ABOUT THAT. Just because Stalin is represented well in the history books on the basis of the USSR being a strategic ally in WWII, doesn't make his methodology moral, practical, or intelligent.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 9:57 pm

Raptor wrote:

I know I am seeing them for what they are. And I think America needs to start saying 'screw you' to leftist intimidation tactics. I feel bad for the good people who have let themselves get brainwashed by the leftist agenda and hope they can start becoming more objective in their reasoning.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 10:11 pm

BuyerBeware wrote:
Government-administered generosity and charity has proven a crippling substitute for community, forced tolerance turned out to be analogous to facism...

Ahhh, if only more people would realize this, we really WOULD make America great, again!!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 6:00 am

BuyerBeware wrote:
forced tolerance turned out to be analogous to facism...

Very well said. I couldn't agree more. The whole thing seems to be about force through threats. America needs to start standing up to this more. The electors were not swayed by their harassment and death threats. The rest of America needs to do likewise and render them ignored and powerless.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 6:07 am

BuyerBeware wrote:
You know, The Donald makes me kinda nauseous. He exemplifies a great deal of what I hate about people.

Whatever-- He's about to be the President Of My Country. I hope he does a good job.

I've been proudly committed to liberalism since I was old enough to make a political choice. It's failed. Failed in my personal life, failed as public policy. Failure is failure. I retain my principles-- community, generosity, charity, tolerance, relativism up to a point-- but f**k it. Government-administered generosity and charity has proven a crippling substitute for community, forced tolerance turned out to be analogous to facism, and relativism only goes so far (AKA, "Wrong is still wrong" and "You cannot coexist with people who want to kill you").

I hope he does a good job.

And it makes me f*****g sick to see people who wear a label I have proudly represented and espouse (pervert) values I have carried as my banner of what is right plot violence against those who oppose them on the grounds that the ends justify the means.

No, you stupid f*****g as*holes, the means become the ends. The means change the ends, influence (pervert) the product. Read "The Giver," you stupid f*****g jackholes. THINK ABOUT THAT. Just because Stalin is represented well in the history books on the basis of the USSR being a strategic ally in WWII, doesn't make his methodology moral, practical, or intelligent.

I think this whole left-vs-right dichotomy is beyond stupid.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 7:23 pm

BuyerBeware wrote:

The Donald reminds me of a combination of every person who has bullied me and every loud obnoxious extrovert who gave me anxiety.

If I had a talent and was asked to perform at the inauguration I would do it to honor the office and the constitution.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 6:55 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
If I had a talent and was asked to perform at the inauguration I would do it to honor the office and the constitution.

Yep, that's the way I feel about it, as well----to ME, it's about patriotism, FIRST, and it wouldn't matter who the president was; and, I certainly wouldn't be deterred, by death threats.