I don't like to appear in photos. What about you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pablo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2017, 5:35 am

I don't like to appear in photos. In some places as facebook, I was banned from a group for not having a profile photo.
Do you like to appear in photos?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 5:50 am

I am no good at posing in a photo. My face always looks long, my teeth shine if I smile with my mouth open, my chin crinkles if I smile with my mouth closed, and if I try to pose from the side my face looks wide and colourless. Yet I look more attractive when I look in the mirror.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 7:51 am

Ditto! I always HATE how I look in pictures. Even back as a kid I hated how I looked in pictures. The only picture of myself I ever liked was this one of me and my bearded dragon: http://orig07.deviantart.net/7cb8/f/201 ... 88wvt9.jpg

My mother's favorite picture of me was of me petting a sheep.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 Jan 2017, 7:57 am

I don't like it either, I always try to avoid them or step out of the picture.

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jan 2017, 8:15 am

I don't think most people like to appear in pictures, especially pictures they haven't taken themselves. People get used to the mirror image version of themselves, which gives a reverse perception of how they really look. Most people aren't used to the way they look in pictures and don't like it, because it's not the face they're familiar with in the mirror.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 10:12 am

I don't mind a few pictures. My mother, being my mother and all, wants to take fifty pictures in an hour anytime we go somewhere. I'll take one or two, that's about it.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 11:14 am

I really hate being in pictures too. I never use my own photo as a profile photo or avatar anywhere. I've posted a couple photos on here, but only ones that I think look decent enough.

jfc_csc
Raven
Raven

18 Jan 2017, 12:25 pm

I don't like being in pictures either. When a relative takes the camera out, I'll be in a couple of them. But that's my limit.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jan 2017, 12:42 pm

Pablo wrote:
I don't like to appear in photos. In some places as facebook, I was banned from a group for not having a profile photo.
Do you like to appear in photos?

I absolutely hate to show on photos!

KatyKat_721
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jan 2017, 2:24 pm

I hate being in photos, but I'm used to it because my mom is a blogger, and she has to take a lot of pictures, and I don't want to argue with her, so I just let her take the pics and ignore how I look.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 6:46 pm

I hate photos of me. It's either a weird forced smile, or a caught-off-guard, stupid blank look.

XeroFur
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jan 2017, 7:07 pm

It depends on the photo and who's taking it, and if they are going to post it anywhere that I wouldn't like. Especially if it's someone who I don't know taking the photo, just so they can post it on "instagram" or whatever they use.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 7:59 pm

I hate photos of me, i hate the way i look and feel depressed whenever i look at them.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 10:36 pm

When I was younger, I like being in pictures, now, I don't like being in pictures, my Facebook profile picture is the same, I haven't changed it in a long time.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jan 2017, 5:06 am

I don't mind pictures of me that I have taken myself, but I hate people taking photos of me - I just look weird. As a kid I had this blank/tired look in photos all the time or weirdly intense - no natural smile, like, ever. I can't smile with my teeth showing in a natural way at all :D I tried and tried - nope, so I just smile with my lips.

GarTog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2017, 5:34 am

At age 9 I decided I would no longer be photographed and this lasted until my mid teens when I sort of forgot about it. I find it incredibly difficult to "pose" naturally and have a habit of sticking the tip of my tongue between my teeth if I have to wait more than a few seconds for the photo to be taken. Somebody once said I "snile" when photographed as it apparently looks like a cross between a snarl and a smile. I am just incredibly self-conscious I suppose.