I don't like to appear in photos. What about you?

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 2:08 pm

My mom says you can tell I am autistic in my childhood photos because I had this "look" in my eyes and I had a fake smile; with all the pressure the school camera people gave me about how to sit just so and a bunch of other crap, it's a miracle I was even able to pull a fake smile. Eventually I just stopped trying and my mothers favorite school pictures of me are ones in which I am not smiling. I used to think it was some kinda rule or something about smiling in pictures, until I started seeing pictures of my dad and brothers in their military uniforms.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jan 2017, 7:22 pm

I don't mind when others take pictures of me, but I never thought I look good in selfies, so that's one narcissistic trend I don't follow at all. When others are taking my picture, I just pose naturally so they tend to look natural.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 7:34 pm

I won't bore everyone with the suggestion to practice photographic smiles and other expressions in a mirror. But, it helps. I was able to pull off a convincing photographic smile since my political years, but, I feel inside that I would rather just show one of my grumpy-cat expressions that I used during my childhood.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 7:36 pm

I'm not photogenic at all.

The picture in my avatar is the best picture of me----ever.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 7:44 pm

I don't often take photos or have photos taken of me.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 7:48 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm not photogenic at all.

The picture in my avatar is the best picture of me----ever.

I doubt that, kraftiekortie.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 7:54 pm

I mean that....100%. It's a pretty good picture of me, taken in 2009.

You should see my drivers license photo! I had a bad hair day that day!

Forget about the passport photo!

Thought Orbit
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Jan 2017, 8:00 pm

I hate being in photos, although now I tend to humour them very begrudgingly so as to not cause the usual scene where everyone is trying to publicly convince you to be in the photo and is embarrassing.

I'm not sure if this is tied up with a bad memory photo of me crying in front of a set of swings that my parents had. Mum and Dad would show me the photo when I was crying over something, real emotional crying, and it got so hard for me because it got to the stage where they would just need to threaten to bring it out so I could see myself on the photo crying to see how terrible I looked. The problem was in these times even then I could not stop crying, and felt like emotional battery. When I think about it it feels horrible. They never wanted to know about my crying it seems. Random feelings, sorry.

GarTog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jan 2017, 4:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I mean that....100%. It's a pretty good picture of me, taken in 2009.

You should see my drivers license photo! I had a bad hair day that day!

Forget about the passport photo!

My passport photo makes me look like a psychotic Viking!

Trekkie83
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jan 2017, 5:25 am

I have always hated being photographed. The vast majority of pictures of me, as an adult, are ones that also include cute animals. I've told friends and family that I charge to be in photos and if photos of me should appear on Facebook (or other social media) I will disown them.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 5:29 am

RandomFox wrote:
I don't mind pictures of me that I have taken myself, but I hate people taking photos of me - I just look weird.

I can concur with this.

Filippa
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jan 2017, 9:17 am

I have never enjoyed having my picture taken. It used to be worse though. I guess I can sort of deal with it nowadays. I went through a phase where I thought I looked sort of okay in pictures when I deliberately did not look into the camera. Then someone told me I should practice smiling, and I did...
I'm still not a fan though. Probably never will be. I especially hate that nowadays everybody shares pictures everywhere. I just don't want to be in them. Ugh.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 12:40 pm

My face has always looked stupid in school photos and I didn't really start to have a problem with my appearance in them until kids started to make critical comments about it. Then it made me self conscious and it made my appearance look worse in them and then it was because I always looked fat in them and I didn't want to see myself in them. I did find an old photo of myself with my family from around the year 2000 and I could tell I was heavier in it because of my face and my boobs were bigger then. The pants I had on in them I got rid of because they got too big on me when I lost weight. Now my face looks bony and my arms and my neck.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.