Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,902
Location: Boulder CO

24 Jan 2017, 5:49 am

Also considering the innumerable piercings of some people I know this strikes me as a bit of a molehill, at least in the wider perspective of these things. My friend who gave me the snakebite ideas works in govt. funded physics.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 17 May 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 486
Location: Between zinc and mercury

25 Jan 2017, 7:28 pm

I have 7 ear piercings with some crazy studs in them (I make my own jewellery out of electronic bits and bobs like resistors). I also have tattoos, some are related to chemistry because I'm a lab worker. Some guys have told me the like them, some guys don't, some guys say they'd rather me without them but they aren't too bad.....I guess it's up to the person? I find I get the most criticism from other women about things like this, especially cause I don't wear makeup.


_________________
"Three degrees. It’s too steep for your average billiard table, but not as steep as my driveway." - RB


diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 157

25 Jan 2017, 8:25 pm

Sounds like its more of a taboo issue in the midwest maybe? I've heard people that got tattoos at work environments where they were frowned upon, kept them hidden and slowly revealed them over time. Just to fly under the radar until they felt the boss wouldn't notice.
There are those nose studs that are practically microscopic. You could start with a small one then move up to a larger one in the future.

As far as nose picking, sure you want to do that in a hospital? :mrgreen:


_________________
On the internet nobody knows you're a dog.


nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,313
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jan 2017, 8:41 pm

I'm not a fan of them but I think each person should have the rite to decide if they want to get one or not. Just because I don't like em doesn't mean some guys like from the band Nerf Herder won't like em :arrow:


_________________
But I don't want to go among mad people, Alice remarked.
Oh, you can't help that, said the Cat: we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
How do you know I'm mad? said Alice.
You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.


Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Sep 2014
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 697

26 Jan 2017, 2:48 am

I've been wanting to get a monroe piercing (a small stud on the upper corner of the lip, mimicking Marilyn Monroe's iconic birthmark).

I think nose studs are cool, too. I always wanted one of those studs, but I have a rather.... prominent nose, and I don't think it would be very flattering on me.



nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,017
Location: Kansas

26 Jan 2017, 4:42 am

diablo wrote:
Sounds like its more of a taboo issue in the midwest maybe? I've heard people that got tattoos at work environments where they were frowned upon, kept them hidden and slowly revealed them over time. Just to fly under the radar until they felt the boss wouldn't notice.
There are those nose studs that are practically microscopic. You could start with a small one then move up to a larger one in the future.

As far as nose picking, sure you want to do that in a hospital? :mrgreen:


I pick around everyone else's orifices, why not be able to pick my own? It should be a really lovely site to see for the dentist too. :mrgreen:


_________________
Me grumpy?
I'm happiness challenged.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.


nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,017
Location: Kansas

26 Jan 2017, 4:44 am

Barchan wrote:
I've been wanting to get a monroe piercing (a small stud on the upper corner of the lip, mimicking Marilyn Monroe's iconic birthmark).

I think nose studs are cool, too. I always wanted one of those studs, but I have a rather.... prominent nose, and I don't think it would be very flattering on me.


Will you be getting one?


_________________
Me grumpy?
I'm happiness challenged.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.


diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 157

27 Jan 2017, 7:51 pm

nurseangela wrote:
diablo wrote:
Sounds like its more of a taboo issue in the midwest maybe? I've heard people that got tattoos at work environments where they were frowned upon, kept them hidden and slowly revealed them over time. Just to fly under the radar until they felt the boss wouldn't notice.
There are those nose studs that are practically microscopic. You could start with a small one then move up to a larger one in the future.

As far as nose picking, sure you want to do that in a hospital? :mrgreen:


I pick around everyone else's orifices, why not be able to pick my own? It should be a really lovely site to see for the dentist too. :mrgreen:


Oh, I didn't think you'd be picking your patients noses also so that's probably okay. :D


_________________
On the internet nobody knows you're a dog.


nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,017
Location: Kansas

27 Jan 2017, 8:16 pm

diablo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
diablo wrote:
Sounds like its more of a taboo issue in the midwest maybe? I've heard people that got tattoos at work environments where they were frowned upon, kept them hidden and slowly revealed them over time. Just to fly under the radar until they felt the boss wouldn't notice.
There are those nose studs that are practically microscopic. You could start with a small one then move up to a larger one in the future.

As far as nose picking, sure you want to do that in a hospital? :mrgreen:


I pick around everyone else's orifices, why not be able to pick my own? It should be a really lovely site to see for the dentist too. :mrgreen:


Oh, I didn't think you'd be picking your patients noses also so that's probably okay. :D


There is a device for every orifice - ng tube, dobhoff feeding tube, Foley catheter, rectal tube, ET tube. There isn't any orifice of a patient I haven't picked around in. We might as well pick our noses together! Yep, you'd never believe just what comes out of a person's nose when you pull out an ng tube. Boy howdy! Anyway, back to the nose ring.....


_________________
Me grumpy?
I'm happiness challenged.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.