Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 5:49 am

Also considering the innumerable piercings of some people I know this strikes me as a bit of a molehill, at least in the wider perspective of these things. My friend who gave me the snakebite ideas works in govt. funded physics.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jan 2017, 7:28 pm

I have 7 ear piercings with some crazy studs in them (I make my own jewellery out of electronic bits and bobs like resistors). I also have tattoos, some are related to chemistry because I'm a lab worker. Some guys have told me the like them, some guys don't, some guys say they'd rather me without them but they aren't too bad.....I guess it's up to the person? I find I get the most criticism from other women about things like this, especially cause I don't wear makeup.

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2017, 8:25 pm

Sounds like its more of a taboo issue in the midwest maybe? I've heard people that got tattoos at work environments where they were frowned upon, kept them hidden and slowly revealed them over time. Just to fly under the radar until they felt the boss wouldn't notice.
There are those nose studs that are practically microscopic. You could start with a small one then move up to a larger one in the future.

As far as nose picking, sure you want to do that in a hospital? :mrgreen:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jan 2017, 8:41 pm

I'm not a fan of them but I think each person should have the rite to decide if they want to get one or not. Just because I don't like em doesn't mean some guys like from the band Nerf Herder won't like em :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 2:48 am

I've been wanting to get a monroe piercing (a small stud on the upper corner of the lip, mimicking Marilyn Monroe's iconic birthmark).

I think nose studs are cool, too. I always wanted one of those studs, but I have a rather.... prominent nose, and I don't think it would be very flattering on me.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 4:42 am

diablo wrote:
Sounds like its more of a taboo issue in the midwest maybe? I've heard people that got tattoos at work environments where they were frowned upon, kept them hidden and slowly revealed them over time. Just to fly under the radar until they felt the boss wouldn't notice.
There are those nose studs that are practically microscopic. You could start with a small one then move up to a larger one in the future.

I pick around everyone else's orifices, why not be able to pick my own? It should be a really lovely site to see for the dentist too. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 4:44 am

Barchan wrote:
I've been wanting to get a monroe piercing (a small stud on the upper corner of the lip, mimicking Marilyn Monroe's iconic birthmark).

I think nose studs are cool, too. I always wanted one of those studs, but I have a rather.... prominent nose, and I don't think it would be very flattering on me.

Will you be getting one?

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2017, 7:51 pm

nurseangela wrote:
diablo wrote:

I pick around everyone else's orifices, why not be able to pick my own? It should be a really lovely site to see for the dentist too. :mrgreen:

Oh, I didn't think you'd be picking your patients noses also so that's probably okay. :D

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 8:16 pm

diablo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
diablo wrote:

Oh, I didn't think you'd be picking your patients noses also so that's probably okay. :D

There is a device for every orifice - ng tube, dobhoff feeding tube, Foley catheter, rectal tube, ET tube. There isn't any orifice of a patient I haven't picked around in. We might as well pick our noses together! Yep, you'd never believe just what comes out of a person's nose when you pull out an ng tube. Boy howdy! Anyway, back to the nose ring.....

Darn, I flunked.