Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 2:51 pm

This is a question for all the RPG players out there. Do you prefer real time fighting, or turn based? I definitely prefer real time. There was a time when I absolutely hated turn based combat, but since then I've learned to tolerate it if the story is good enough. Even so, knowing a game has an awesome story and real time combat is probably the most enticing thing I can hear. I dunno, maybe Kingdom Hearts spoiled me as a kid, haha.

What about you?

QueenBlackfyre
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2017, 3:11 pm

I love real time like Guild Wars 2, probably my favorite MMORPG in a long time. I also liked Diablo 3 online MP. I am also not a big fan of the story line, except Dragonsage Inquisition. If there weren't so many noobs in WoW I would probably like that more. I played for a long time.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jan 2017, 4:38 pm

Doesn't really bother me. Most are real time, I tend to pay but happy with turn base also. Depends on the series and how much I like it. About 75% of my collection is rpgs or mmorpgs.... the rest is for fun :D

Dave_T
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2017, 4:50 pm

I like both, depends on the type of game.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 144 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66 of 200

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 6:08 pm

I prefer turn-based, like Pokemon, or turn-based/strategy, like Fire Emblem and Radiant Historia.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 6:07 am

Real-time. Not the biggest fan of turn-based combat, but I can tolerate it at the very least.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 7:05 am

I used to have a preference for real time when I was younger, as otherwise I would lose some life and HP restoring items/inns could be hard to find or expensive to buy or too far between.

In later years I tend to find that I prefer turn based, as I find real time too hectic. I only play games that don't have the problems described above though, like Pokemon, Rune Factory, Fantasy Life and Dragon Quest. RF and FL are actually real time but not very hectic, with the exception of a few bosses.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Quiet Water
Raven
Raven

05 Feb 2017, 8:53 am

I prefer turn-based, as my reflexes were never great and only getting worse with age. I did some real-time on a Neverwinter Nights server for a few years; big battles could get hectic sometimes but it was the price of being able to RP online with people I wouldn't have been able to otherwise.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2017, 10:06 am

I prefer pausable real-time, like in the dragon age games.
This provides a smooth game, but it still gives me time to think if an unexpected situation comes up.