Page 26 of 27 [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 12:55 am

Seen people here that think Muslims are all terrorists,they do seem to be on the right.I used to go to Sufi dances,lots of Muslims but I've never met one who is a terrorist.If Trump makes them register I think that qualifies for Islamaphobia.
The leftists didn't invite the anarchists to the protest,they invited thenselves.I doubt they would have left if asked nicely.You can't choose who you walk next to on the street,but you can choose your bedfellow.
Leftists aren't behaving that way.Anarchists are.Its what they do and who they are.
Who said the ideology of leftists is to think they are superior.You have no idea what would happen if Trump lost.Neither do I.
No one sent out invites to the looters,they show up on their own.They would show up if the right had been protesting.
I've yet to see a Trump support that hid the fact they support him.They have that right.
What horses mouth? Mr.Ed's?
So all autistics shooters hang out together?They have a social club?
Big difference between a personal attack and a observation or comment.Your sense of humor or lack of has nothing to do with any position you are taking.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 1:19 am

Misslizard wrote:
Seen people here that think Muslims are all terrorists,they do seem to be on the right.I used to go to Sufi dances,lots of Muslims but I've never met one who is a terrorist.If Trump makes them register I think that qualifies for Islamaphobia.
The leftists didn't invite the anarchists to the protest,they invited thenselves.I doubt they would have left if asked nicely.You can't choose who you walk next to on the street,but you can choose your bedfellow.
Leftists aren't behaving that way.Anarchists are.Its what they do and who they are.
Who said the ideology of leftists is to think they are superior.You have no idea what would happen if Trump lost.Neither do I.
No one sent out invites to the looters,they show up on their own.They would show up if the right had been protesting.
I've yet to see a Trump support that hid the fact they support him.They have that right.
Big difference between a personal attack and a observation or comment.Your sense of humor or lack of has nothing to do with any position you are taking.

Anarchists - Leftists -"Birds of a feather flock together" - your analogy. How can anyone tell who's who when such a large number of people are all over while storefront windows are being smashed and arson is being committed? It was one big mob of rioters all there for the same reason. Horse's mouth as in said by leftists. Oh wait that was your amazing sense of humor I don't get ha ha. You'll have to supply the solution to the flaws of your own analogy involving "autistic shooters". When has autism ever been a shooter's agenda? If you mean a shooter who happened to have autism, you might as well make a shooter's eye color a factor or their religion or lack of religion, or their blood type etc. If my sense of humor is not an issue, then don't make it part of the discussion. That's why it's best to stick to the topic being discussed instead of discussing perceived particulars of the person you're talking to. Or going off in tangents with one inapplicable analogy after the other. Otherwise conversions start to disintegrate like this one has. Stick to the subject and only the subject is what I was taught.

Last edited by EzraS on 26 Jan 2017, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 1:26 am

EzraS, the last word in reasoned debate

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 1:43 am

EzraS wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Anarchists - Leftists -"Birds of a feather flock together" - your analogy. How can anyone tell who's who when such a large number of people are all over while storefront windows are being smashed and arson is being committed? It was one big mob of rioters all there for the same reason. Horse's mouth as in said by leftists. Oh wait that was your amazing sense of humor I don't get ha ha. You'll have to supply the solution to the flaws of your own analogy involving "autistic shooters". When has autism ever been a shooter's agenda? If you mean a shooter who happened to have autism, you might as well make a shooter's eye color a factor or their religion or lack of religion, or their blood type etc. If my sense of humor is not an issue, then don't make it part of the discussion. That's why it's best to stick to the topic being discussed instead of discussing perceived particulars of the person you're talking to. Or going off in tangents with one inapplicable analogy after the other. Otherwise conversions start to disintegrate like this one has. Stick to the subject and only the subject is what I was taught.

Where did I say my sense of humor was amazing?
Back when Lanza shot up the school people had an unreasonable fear of all autistics.Just like your mistrust or what ever it is against leftists.Just lump us all together.Would you like for people to judge you on your autism and assume you are violent?
And you haven't been on a tangent against leftists?
All those analogys were accurate,but if you choose to be blind,then just stumble on the dark.
By the way,most gun fighters have blue eyes if you are concerned with eye color.
Nothing wrong with varying off the subject to get a good laugh.
Tangent on.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 2:42 am

jrjones9933 wrote:

While EzraS is a masterdebater, he is not the subject of this thread.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 2:59 am

EzraS wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

While EzraS is a masterdebater, he is not the subject of this thread.

It's true, but since you won't respond directly to my points, and I won't respond to that by doing anything other than pointing it out, we hardly interact at all.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 3:20 am

Misslizard wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Back when Lanza shot up the school people had an unreasonable fear of all autistics.Just like your mistrust or what ever it is against leftists.Just lump us all together.Would you like for people to judge you on your autism and assume you are violent?
All those analogys were accurate,but if you choose to be blind,then just stumble on the dark.
By the way,most gun fighters have blue eyes if you are concerned with eye color.
Tangent on.

You didn't, I did. Is "people had an unreasonable fear of all autistics" something that can be verified? I mean I go to a school for autistics and I didn't hear anyone saying people were suddenly afraid of them. Or people acting afraid of us during field trips. But as far as fear of leftist go, let's just say I'd be afraid to wear a Trump shirt for fear that a leftist would go off on me. Probably just verbally, but it would be an unpleasant experience anyways. For the most part I have referred to leftists as kooky rather than violent. The violence is just one component of the overall kookiness I have observed. And while the kookiness manifests itself in different ways, some physical some verbal some textually, most of it seem to carry a fairly unified fervor. You are correct in that I view leftists as a whole, rather than individually. When I talk about leftists, I am not lumping you, Misslizard, in with them. You can include yourself if you wish, but I'm speaking about an overall segment of the population. Or preferably an overall ideology, rather than the people themselves. By tangents I mean going of in different directions by including other off topic subjects in comparing one thing to another. In a discussion about the inauguration, we have had my sense of humour, Adam Lanza and the eye color of gun fighters along with other non sequiturs jumbled in due to inapplicable tangents. And now at this point our conversation is about our conversation.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 3:28 am

...Prior to the election...I imagine there wee places where weaing a Hillary or Democratic T-shirt would get you an unpleasant reception , too ! Ya thinkseth ?...

uote="EzraS"]

Misslizard wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
tileThe leftists didn't invite the anarchists to the protest,they invited thenselves.I doubt they would have left if asked nicely.You can't choose who you walk next to on the street,but you can choose your bedfellow.

Tangent on.

You didn't, I did. Is "people had an unreasonable fear of all autistics" something that can be verified? I mean I go to a school for autistics and I didn't hear anyone saying people were suddenly afraid of them. Or people acting afraid of us during field trips. But as far as fear of leftist go, let's just say I'd be afraid to wear a Trump shirt for fear that a leftist would go off on me. Probably just verbally, but it would be an unpleasant experience anyways. For the most part I have referred to leftists as kooky rather than violent. The violence is just one component of the overall kookiness I have observed. And while the kookiness manifests itself in different ways, some physical some verbal some textually, most of it seem to carry a fairly unified fervor. You are correct in that I view leftists as a whole, rather than individually. When I talk about leftists, I am not lumping you, Misslizard, in with them. You can include yourself if you wish, but I'm speaking about an overall segment of the population. Or preferably an overall ideology, rather than the people themselves. By tangents I mean going of in different directions by including other off topic subjects in comparing one thing to another. In a discussion about the inauguration, we have had my sense of humour, Adam Lanza and the eye color of gun fighters along with other non sequiturs jumbled in due to inapplicable tangents. And now at this point our conversation is about our conversation.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 3:46 am

ASS-P wrote:
...Prior to the election...I imagine there wee places where weaing a Hillary or Democratic T-shirt would get you an unpleasant reception , too ! Ya thinkseth ?...

If it's not too much of a tangent to replace a t-shirt with a sign, check this out:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 11:02 am

EzraS wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Tangent on.

You didn't, I did. Is "people had an unreasonable fear of all autistics" something that can be verified? I mean I go to a school for autistics and I didn't hear anyone saying people were suddenly afraid of them. Or people acting afraid of us during field trips. But as far as fear of leftist go, let's just say I'd be afraid to wear a Trump shirt for fear that a leftist would go off on me. Probably just verbally, but it would be an unpleasant experience anyways. For the most part I have referred to leftists as kooky rather than violent. The violence is just one component of the overall kookiness I have observed. And while the kookiness manifests itself in different ways, some physical some verbal some textually, most of it seem to carry a fairly unified fervor. You are correct in that I view leftists as a whole, rather than individually. When I talk about leftists, I am not lumping you, Misslizard, in with them. You can include yourself if you wish, but I'm speaking about an overall segment of the population. Or preferably an overall ideology, rather than the people themselves. By tangents I mean going of in different directions by including other off topic subjects in comparing one thing to another. In a discussion about the inauguration, we have had my sense of humour, Adam Lanza and the eye color of gun fighters along with other non sequiturs jumbled in due to inapplicable tangents. And now at this point our conversation is about our conversation.

When Lanza shot up this school there was many people here that were very afraid about being open about their autism.They seemed very fearful,maybe it was an unreasonable fear but it certainly was real to them.Not sure if you were a member then.There are internet sites that don't veiw us a favorable,someone had posted about one of those sites but I'm sorry I can't remember where it was.It would be easy enough for you to do a search and fins plenty of sites that veiw us very unfavorably.People are just dumb enough to buy into the misinformation that we have no feelings and are totollay incapable of empathy.I should have worded that better,more like there is a stigma that people who are neurological different have to face in their lives.Like when a member here told me about telling his co-worker he was autistic and the guy asked him if he could count cards.I have been around people and heard the comments that make about autistics,most isn't good or the facts are just wrong.
I make comments that are off topic in many of my posts,that's just me and my posting style.When you mention eye color and guns the fact that most old west gun fighters comes to minds and I post that info.
The analogys were appropriate to the facts,if you can't see that,well I don't know what to think.People do use analogies in debating you know,no rule against it.
You don't think the right has its own brand of kooks?Texas is trying to make it a law where an aborted fetus has to have a funeral.
The point is that in your posts you come across as branding all leftists as kooks,and don't seem to get that is a minority.Im not the only leftist here,there are others and none of them are kooks.I'd say this forum leans more to the left than the right and I didn't not see any of them planning to riot or even condoning it.Ever person on the left here has been outspoken against vandalism but that doesn't seem to count with you.
Funny that some on the right seem to think the media is biased,except when it suits them.Its all fake news unless they like it.Then it's spot on.
As for non sequiturs,if you can't follow the logic then nothing I say matters.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 11:33 am

Misslizard wrote:
When Lanza shot up this school there was many people here that were very afraid about being open about their autism.They seemed very fearful,maybe it was an unreasonable fear but it certainly was real to them.Not sure if you were a member then.There are internet sites that don't veiw us a favorable,someone had posted about one of those sites but I'm sorry I can't remember where it was.It would be easy enough for you to do a search and fins plenty of sites that veiw us very unfavorably.People are just dumb enough to buy into the misinformation that we have no feelings and are totollay incapable of empathy.I should have worded that better,more like there is a stigma that people who are neurological different have to face in their lives.Like when a member here told me about telling his co-worker he was autistic and the guy asked him if he could count cards.I have been around people and heard the comments that make about autistics,most isn't good or the facts are just wrong.

That's interesting, but it's an entirely different discussion.

Misslizard wrote:
I make comments that are off topic in many of my posts,that's just me and my posting style.When you mention eye color and guns the fact that most old west gun fighters comes to minds and I post that info.
The analogys were appropriate to the facts,if you can't see that,well I don't know what to think.People do use analogies in debating you know,no rule against it.

The problem is when the analogies turn into a bunch of off topic side debates. And you are the one who brought up old west gunfighters having blue eyes, not me. I think that notion is historically unlikely. But this isn't the thread to discuss such matters.

Misslizard wrote:
You don't think the right has its own brand of kooks?Texas is trying to make it a law where an aborted fetus has to have a funeral.

That's not what's being discussed. The inauguration is what's being discussed. Tell me about kooky stuff the righties did at the inauguration.

Misslizard wrote:
The point is that in your posts you come across as branding all leftists as kooks,and don't seem to get that is a minority.

In my observation it's been a majority factor across the board.

Misslizard wrote:
Im not the only leftist here,there are others and none of them are kooks.I'd say this forum leans more to the left than the right and I didn't not see any of them planning to riot or even condoning it.Ever person on the left here has been outspoken against vandalism but that doesn't seem to count with you.

Like I said, vandalism is a part of the overall experience. I've read a lot of sensationalism, hyperbole and paranoia. A lot of it directed at non existent issues by way of prognostication. The general Trump is already the worst president in history (before he's even in office), he will be impeached within six weeks, he's Hitler etc etc. Sorry, but stuff like that comes of as kooky. Disclaimer: I am not saying that you, Misslizard, personally said any of those things.

Misslizard wrote:
Funny that some on the right seem to think the media is biased,except when it suits them.Its all fake news unless they like it.Then it's spot on.

Apparently have differing views as to what qualifies as logic.

Last edited by EzraS on 26 Jan 2017, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 11:37 am

EzraS wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
The point is that in your posts you come across as branding all leftists as kooks,and don't seem to get that is a minority.

Kooks may not be our signifier of choice, but if we looked it up in the Thesaurus we could probably find a self-descriptor or two. :D

I hope we can agree that this is kind of funny.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 11:44 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Kooks may not be our signifier of choice, but if we looked it up in the Thesaurus we could probably find a self-descriptor or two. :D

I don't understand the joke. But I will take an opportunity here to correct myself. I should say that I have read a lot of kooky sounding things and witnessed a lot of kooky behavior. Rather than label people themselves as kooks.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 11:47 am

EzraS wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I don't understand the joke. But I will take an opportunity here to correct myself. I should say that I have read a lot of kooky sounding things and witnessed a lot of kooky behavior. Rather than label people themselves as kooks.

I worried that I might make it not funny if I explained it. Kook is a slang term for someone with mental health issues and this is a board for those kinds of people. We take offense at the term, maybe, if we care about political correctness. I think PC doesn't really apply the same way, since we're all in the same basket here, but I try to be sensitive while remaining able to joke about it.

Last edited by jrjones9933 on 26 Jan 2017, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 11:48 am

EzraS wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

That's interesting, but it's an entirely different discussion.

Misslizard wrote:

The problem is when the analogies turn into a bunch of off topic side debates. And you are the one who brought up old west gunfighters having blue eyes, not me. I think that notion is historically unlikely. But this isn't the thread to discuss such matters.

Misslizard wrote:

That's not what's being discussed. The inauguration is what's being discussed. Tell me about kooky stuff the righties did at the inauguration.

Misslizard wrote:

Misslizard wrote:
Im not the only leftist here,there are others and none of them are kooks.I'd say this forum leans more to the left than the right and I didn't not see any of them planning to riot or even condoning it.Ever person on the left here has been outspoken against vandalism but that doesn't seem to count with you.

Like I said, vandalism is a part of the overall experience. I've read a lot of sensationalism, hyperbole and paranoia. A lot of it directed at non existent issues by way of prognostication. The general Trump is already the worst president in history (before he's even in office), he will be impeached within six weeks, he's Hitler etc etc. Sorry, but stuff like that comes of as kooky. Disclaimer: I am not saying that you, Misslizard, personally said any of those things.

Misslizard wrote:

Apparently have differing views as to what qualifies as logic.

You asked about people's fears of autistics,I answered.Dont ask if you do not want an answer.
You brought up eye color and guns in the earlier post.You opened the door.Just like you mentioned your dark humor.You opened the door again.
A majority factor across the board.More like a few posters doing the majority of left bashing.Certainly not the majority of people on WP.
So point out the illogical statements?
Threads usually don't always stay on topic but tend to drift with new subject material.
Looks like some right wingers get nasty also.Notice I said some.Do I think the right wingers here on WP would ever do this? Nope,so I would never lump them in with these people.Would I start numerous threads bashing the conserves on here for something they would never participate in?
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... ing-inside
Other examples of alt right violence.
Tim McVeigh
Gary Rudolph
various abortion clinic shooters and bombers
No one went on a rant about evil violent conservative right wingers after these events.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 12:09 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I worried that I might make it not funny if I explained it. Kook is a slang term for someone with mental health issues and this is a board for those kinds of people. We take offense at the term, maybe, if we care about political correctness. I think PC doesn't really apply the same way, since we're all in the same basket here, but I try to be sensitive while remaining able to joke about it.

Ah I get it. I guess having been surrounded by autistic people my whole life, I see things like that from a different perspective than most. Although we do call each other names the same as everyone else.