Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Thought Orbit
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jan 2017, 5:14 pm

Time rant.

Why does it take an evaluated 20mins of dishes, 2-3hrs to do? Why does "thinking" take up my time? Why do I constantly fret about time? If time is so important to me, why can I never do anything on time? Why have my time problems become increasingly worse the older I become?

Ahh time. That thing that seems like everyone has so much more of. Just to be Jovial about it, I mean, I am not physically disabled or unable to do things like others, and I do a good job if not better than some, in most tasks at hand. My movements I believe are of an average rate of speed proving mobility to be of the Norm, the way I process things such as how I will do the dishes is of the norm as far as I can see. So where does the bloody time go?! 8O

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 5:20 pm

I have no answers, but I have a strong intuition that people on the spectrum have an unusual sense or perception of time. You hear a lot about "theory of mind" but I'd like to see some research on theories of time/duration/temporality among autistic people. It's not a specialty of mine so I don't know what such research would look like, but I think it would be interesting.

There Are Four Lights!

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2017, 8:47 am

What slows me down is having all my attention on the huge problem of understanding people, so I have to re-start the job-related thinking at every little step. When I'm moving fast, I'm planning the next move as I do the current one. One can also make a game of the tasks to get more attention on them.

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2017, 6:35 pm

Thought Orbit wrote:
Why does it take an evaluated 20mins of dishes, 2-3hrs to do?
Narcolepsy?

Thought Orbit wrote:
Why does "thinking" take up my time?
...Because thinking requires time...

Thought Orbit wrote:
Why do I constantly fret about time?
Most worry about it the closer they get to death. Which is closer every day.

Thought Orbit wrote:
If time is so important to me, why can I never do anything on time?
...could be a long list i.e. laziness, stupidity, too much PS4 etc

Thought Orbit wrote:
Why have my time problems become increasingly worse the older I become?
...dementia?!

Thought Orbit wrote:
So where does the bloody time go?! 8O
...who knows where the time goes (yes, that's a song reference) :D

PS you just wasted my time in replying to you. You owe me.

PPS before another idiot reports me for causing offence for using a vowel/some other mundane shite, think about what is a joke and what is serious.

And lighten up a bit.