Page 212 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214  Next

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 12:53 am

sly279 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
i was friends with angela via pm. we shared with each other about our schooling. i haven't heard from her in a while.

I suspect she was banned

Are we allowed to make inquiries on such matters?

No
Is it odd that although I disagree with her politically, this actually makes me kind of sad? She was actually quite helpful when I posted some threads in other boards asking for help. Also, I too have a Christian faith. I disagree that Donald is anything more than a fat Count Olaf, but I don't like the idea that someone might have felt unwelcome here due to dissenting opinions.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 2:36 am

Tross wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
i was friends with angela via pm. we shared with each other about our schooling. i haven't heard from her in a while.

I suspect she was banned

Are we allowed to make inquiries on such matters?

No
Is it odd that although I disagree with her politically, this actually makes me kind of sad? She was actually quite helpful when I posted some threads in other boards asking for help. Also, I too have a Christian faith. I disagree that Donald is anything more than a fat Count Olaf, but I don't like the idea that someone might have felt unwelcome here due to dissenting opinions.

People here with dissenting opinions weren't just made to feel uncomfortable. They were outright maligned.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 4:28 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I'm sure Angela got as worn out with the exaggerated behavior and language of certain posters as many others have.

Exaggerated? She wanted to deport all the liberals.

Oh well... At least she didn't advocate exterminating the entire population of California like a certain other person.

Oh go ahead and say that other person's name.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 4:30 am

EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Some people have left this site because they couldn't handle me?

More like couldn't stand you, even the liberals.

Whatever dude. They couldn't stand Socrates either. He asked too many hard questions, so they killed him.

That's what I am. I'm a modern Socrates.

Most of the ones actually deserving a complementary title, aren't here any longer.

Who deserves a complementary title is mostly a matter of perspective. The main ones I have noticed no longer visiting qualify for titles, but they're certainly not complimentary titles. :wink:

True but a complementary title is valid when it's given to you, rather than when you give it to yourself. Also do you think this debate forum is better off now with less participants?

Regarding titles, certainly. They really mean nothing when one assigns them to themselves, and when self-assigned just come off as egotism.

Regarding participants, it's hard to say. In general more voices and perspectives is good, but if toxic voices are banned or refuse to participate that's not really a loss. Does the forum benefit from posters who are only here to grind a couple of axes and will hijack whatever thread it might be to focus on their hatred of sjws, women or whatever their specific fixation might be?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 5:00 am

Raptor wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I'm sure Angela got as worn out with the exaggerated behavior and language of certain posters as many others have.

Exaggerated? She wanted to deport all the liberals.

Oh well... At least she didn't advocate exterminating the entire population of California like a certain other person.

Oh go ahead and say that other person's name.

I heard he got banned.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 5:07 am

funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Some people have left this site because they couldn't handle me?

More like couldn't stand you, even the liberals.

Whatever dude. They couldn't stand Socrates either. He asked too many hard questions, so they killed him.

That's what I am. I'm a modern Socrates.

Most of the ones actually deserving a complementary title, aren't here any longer.

Who deserves a complementary title is mostly a matter of perspective. The main ones I have noticed no longer visiting qualify for titles, but they're certainly not complimentary titles. :wink:

True but a complementary title is valid when it's given to you, rather than when you give it to yourself. Also do you think this debate forum is better off now with less participants?

Regarding titles, certainly. They really mean nothing when one assigns them to themselves, and when self-assigned just come off as egotism.

Regarding participants, it's hard to say. In general more voices and perspectives is good, but if toxic voices are banned or refuse to participate that's not really a loss. Does the forum benefit from posters who are only here to grind a couple of axes and will hijack whatever thread it might be to focus on their hatred of sjws, women or whatever their specific fixation might be?

That's what happened. But not from the source or subjects you're talking about. Basically it was shouting everyone down as being racist fascist misogynist _____phobe etc if they had dissenting opinions.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 3:26 pm

EzraS wrote:
That's what happened. But not from the source or subjects you're talking about. Basically it was shouting everyone down as being racist fascist misogynist _____phobe etc if they had dissenting opinions.

Based on what I've seen in my time here, most of the time when someone is labelled in the way you describe, the label is accurately applied. The fact that many people express that they feel the label is deserved doesn't make it 'shouting down' either, if you express a highly offensive position, it's reasonable to expect many people to disagree and express their disagreement. If one can't handle their highly disagreeable opinions being disagreed with, they're under no obligation to share such views and can't reasonably expect to not face disagreement if they choose to share those views.

I'm really struggling to find sympathy for people come here to poke others in the eye and then ragequit when they're called out for poking people, or receive some pokes in the eye themselves. There's word Tomi Lahren loves to throw around that seems quite appropriate to describe such former posters: snowflake.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 4:35 pm

I kind of miss her, she sure was fun when she’d get all riled up.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 5:04 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Based on what I've seen in my time here, most of the time when someone is labelled in the way you describe, the label is accurately applied. The fact that many people express that they feel the label is deserved doesn't make it 'shouting down' either, if you express a highly offensive position, it's reasonable to expect many people to disagree and express their disagreement. If one can't handle their highly disagreeable opinions being disagreed with, they're under no obligation to share such views and can't reasonably expect to not face disagreement if they choose to share those views.

I'm really struggling to find sympathy for people come here to poke others in the eye and then ragequit when they're called out for poking people, or receive some pokes in the eye themselves. There's word Tomi Lahren loves to throw around that seems quite appropriate to describe such former posters: snowflake.

Yet you don't notice the eye-pokeyest troll we've had in years, maybe forever, since he's one of yours. Love is blind I guess.

Like with most trolls, I find his antics amusing. Just the same, I do notice the effort to sow discord...

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 5:22 pm

Chronos wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
Chronos wrote:
I see Nurseangela has not posted for a few months. Is that typical of her?

I'm hoping shes left for good.

Did she indicate such a desire to do do? She made many posts per day in the days leading up to her last post but I do not see any discontent with WP in those ones.

Perhaps there really is karma in the cosmos and she died in a grizzly car wreck or a bear ripped off her head and used it as a hat...

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 5:42 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Hmmm....last time said something along those lines I was labeled a TROLL.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 5:48 pm

sly279 wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

I suspect she was banned

I actually doubt this very much. First, she seemed to have a friendly relationship with the mods, who are way to NT friendly. Frankly I don't like having *ANY* NTs here, I mean this is OUR place away from THEM, but one who wants to deport liberals Nazi style? Second, she was a well established veteran and there would have been warnings and of suspensions before an outright banning.

What I think did happen is that she just got sick of the place.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 5:52 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
Chronos wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
Chronos wrote:
I see Nurseangela has not posted for a few months. Is that typical of her?

I'm hoping shes left for good.

Did she indicate such a desire to do do? She made many posts per day in the days leading up to her last post but I do not see any discontent with WP in those ones.

Perhaps there really is karma in the cosmos and she died in a grizzly car wreck or a bear ripped off her head and used it as a hat...

You really let her run you up a tree, eh?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 6:07 pm

Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Hmmm....last time said something along those lines I was labeled a TROLL.

Awww how happy you must have been.
Lil’Skippy just beamed with joy.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 7:25 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:

Dude. Too far. I understand that perhaps you were abused by heterosexual douchebags in the past ... but you are still going too far.

I was a homophobic douchebag when I was a teenager. You're glad that I'm alive right?

I don't think that Nurse Angela is dead. I don't hope she is dead. I hope she is doing her job as a nurse. I've noticed that most conservatives are people who suck at political discussion, but are good at other things. Their lives have value. They just need to stick to their areas of expertise.

There is no karma in the cosmos. If karma existed, free-market capitalism would be a good system. Right-wing rhetoric is grounded in the belief that there is karma in the universe.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Just_world_hypothesis

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 7:28 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
I actually doubt this very much. First, she seemed to have a friendly relationship with the mods, who are way to NT friendly. Frankly I don't like having *ANY* NTs here, I mean this is OUR place away from THEM, but one who wants to deport liberals Nazi style?

Personally, I hope that there are NTs here. I want them to see how smart I am.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/