Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

LonelyRabbit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jan 2017, 11:47 pm

I thought this was a joke at first, but when I looked it up to see what it was, I was shocked that I actually have this!

"Exploding head syndrome is a benign condition in which a person hears loud imagined noises or experiences an explosive feeling when falling asleep or waking up."-wikipedia

I've had this happen to me several times...I was even asleep once and heard such a loud bang, that I jumped! the banging sounds like it's right in my ears and no one else would hear anything.

This condition seems quite rare, so idk if anyone else has experienced this.

K4NNW
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2017, 12:32 am

I've had that happen a few times, usually in a dream. Said dream always wakes me up with a jump.

Slightly related, but I had a dream that my truck had been rolled over by a tornado (This actually happened to a coworker of mine one week prior, although he was not in it when it happened). When I had this dream, I was in the sleeper of this truck and woke up in a panic, not knowing if it was still upright. I clenched the mattress and, upon realising that the truck was still upright, got up and opened the curtains. Instead of being rolled over in a tornado, another driver had backed into my truck with his trailer. This was at a truck stop at 2AM.

bowtruckle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2017, 8:32 pm

Sometimes I have these short dreams when I first fall asleep where I'm being chased by a giant spider/machien creature, and I wake up jumping in my bed and thinking I have just died.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 10:47 pm

Yes. I mainly get a loud beeping noise that sounds like an alarm clock going off, but sometimes other stuff, as well. It seems to come on occasionally due to stress and certain foods, mainly things that are high in caffeine or copper. (Chocolate, for example). It's very frustrating, but I felt better learning there was a name for it and it's not incredibly uncommon.