EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 2:50 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I'm surprised bureaus and the department had Twitter accounts in the first place. Anything they have to say should go though official channels. The idea of government agencies not go spouting off to the world individually is hardly dictatorial.

Needing to approve every message from any government agency is not dictatorial? What exactly would be?

Standard practice called going through channels and/or following the chain of command.

Standard for dictators, yes.

Well then America has always been a dictatorship. Or did the concept of government agencies going through channels suddenly start in 2017? This idea of any type of controls on how government agencies operate being fascist is pure nonsense. But I get the idea, the manta of "Trump is Hitler" must be chanted at all times. Signs appear in government building restrooms saying "employees must wash hands" to which the response is, "this is fascism, Trump is Hitler".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 3:01 am

get ready to be deluged with more "alternative facts" from on high.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 3:08 am

EzraS wrote:
I'm surprised bureaus and the department had Twitter accounts in the first place. Anything they have to say should go though official channels. The idea of government agencies not go spouting off to the world individually is hardly dictatorial.

It's been like that for years, and it's like that in every democratic country. Governments don't micromanage bureaus.

Bureaus and agencies are official channels. Their employers are the citizens of their country, not whoever is presently President. They have a duty to provide information to the general public.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 3:10 am

auntblabby wrote:

This will be a true test of the press as defenders of liberty, if they can resist against "alternative facts" from the Trump White House, and are able to withstand Trump's war on the media.

Last edited by Kraichgauer on 23 Jan 2017, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 3:10 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Despite the fact that the photos of Obama's and Trump's inaugurations showed a definite difference in crowd size, Trump and his lackeys still insist it's the exact opposite, with Trump Drawing more people. I have to wonder how the Trumpanzese will accept Trump's warped interpretation of reality. Trump's press secretary reminds me of Baghdad Bob.

Actually Tom Barrack unintentionally supplied them with misleading information which is what started the whole thing, but let's not take anything like that into consideration. This is far too juicy. I've seen the Baghdad Bob with Spicer's head superimposed meme, it's cute. Trumpanzese is cute too.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 3:14 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Despite the fact that the photos of Obama's and Trump's inaugurations showed a definite difference in crowd size, Trump and his lackeys still insist it's the exact opposite, with Trump Drawing more people. I have to wonder how the Trumpanzese will accept Trump's warped interpretation of reality. Trump's press secretary reminds me of Baghdad Bob.

Actually Tom Barrack unintentionally supplied them with misleading information which is what started the whole thing, but let's not take anything like that into consideration. This is far to juicy. I've seen the Baghdad Bob with Spicer's head superimposed meme, it's cute. Trumpanzese is cute too.

I think it has more to do with Trump and company's denial of reality in favor of an alternate reality based on Trump's cult of personality

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 3:28 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Actually Tom Barrack unintentionally supplied them with misleading information which is what started the whole thing, but let's not take anything like that into consideration. This is far to juicy. I've seen the Baghdad Bob with Spicer's head superimposed meme, it's cute. Trumpanzese is cute too.

I think it has more to do with Trump and company's denial of reality in favor of an alternate reality based on Trump's cult of personality

I have no idea what that means, but it's obviously a preferable concept to something as pedestrian as a communications fubar. I really shouldn't complain though, it's all very entertaining.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 3:28 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

This will be a true test of the press as defenders of liberty, if they can resist against "alternative facts" from the Trump White House, and are able to withstand Trump's war on the media.

through abusive libel law application/liberal SLAPP suit use, they and theirs are gonna financially exsanguinate anybody who raises a peep of protest over anything they do.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 4:31 am

underwater wrote:
EzraS wrote:

It's been like that for years, and it's like that in every democratic country. Governments don't micromanage bureaus.

Bureaus and agencies are official channels. Their employers are the citizens of their country, not whoever is presently President. They have a duty to provide information to the general public.

Thanks for filling in the details. I get tired of the Trump supporters just making stuff up, and they don't seem to remember from one instance to another, or care as little about integrity as their new king.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 4:52 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
underwater wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Thanks for filling in the details. I get tired of the Trump supporters just making stuff up, and they don't seem to remember from one instance to another, or care as little about integrity as their new king.

Not everyone who's not a Trumphobe is a Trumpite. Some people actually think independently.

To the best of my knowledge, going through channels and chain of command existed before I apparently invented that concept and those terms.

But now I know all agencies and departments of the government have always operated completely independently with full autonomy :wink:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 4:56 am

To anyone who reads your comments, EzraS, it's clear that you just say whatever seems plausible to you at the time, with no regard to previous statements or observable reality, just like your new king.

Back to the topic at hand, the impression that I got from Conway is that they intend to regard accusing someone of lying as a personal attack, rather than an evaluation of what they have said. I don't think this has any basis in logic, but lots of people would rather tolerate liars than disagreements out of concern for politeness. This is more dangerous than alternative facts, in my opinion.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 5:06 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
To anyone who reads your comments, EzraS, it's clear that you just say whatever seems plausible to you at the time, with no regard to previous statements or observable reality, just like your new king.

Nice to know you speak for everyone. As for the rest, what you're doing is called projecting, using a strawman and taking an ad homonen approach. That's okay though, I think it's adorable.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 5:07 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Back to the topic at hand, the impression that I got from Conway is that they intend to regard accusing someone of lying as a personal attack, rather than an evaluation of what they have said. I don't think this has any basis in logic, but lots of people would rather tolerate liars than disagreements out of concern for politeness. This is more dangerous than alternative facts, in my opinion.

I have noticed in several of her interviews that KellyAnne Conway has chastised her interviewers for their questions and has suggested that if the news outlets don't tow the line they won't have access to Trump staff. This blatant attempt to control the media is both frightening and funny.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 5:14 am

EzraS wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

Nice to know you speak for everyone. As for the rest, what you're doing is called projecting, using a strawman and taking an ad homonen approach. That's okay though, I think it's adorable.

Not as cute as you using those big words.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 5:19 am

androbot01 wrote:
I have noticed in several of her interviews that KellyAnne Conway has chastised her interviewers for their questions and has suggested that if the news outlets don't tow the line they won't have access to Trump staff. This blatant attempt to control the media is both frightening and funny.

I've found her interviews with people like Anderson Cooper and Chuck Todd to be cringe worthy. She always ends up sticking her foot in her mouth and then resorts to campaigning tactics to obfuscate.

Last edited by EzraS on 23 Jan 2017, 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 5:22 am

EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

I've found her interviews with people like Anderson Cooper and Chuck Todd. She always ends up putting her foot in her mouth and then resorting to campaigning tactics to obfuscate.

I like KellyAnne, she's a trooper. I saw that interview with Anderson and she did a good job considering the corner from which she was fighting.