Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 2:08 am

alex wrote:
Why does the White House lie about inauguration attendance though? It's pretty easy to look at the photos and see the truth.

The CNN photos were showing Trump's inauguration prior to tens of thousands more people got in. It was purely put out to cause conflict and have people fighting over something trivial and stupid. With the whole media and the CIA against Trump and putting out fake stories and obsessing over something he said on a bus 11 years ago it's amazing that so many people turned up and amazing Trump won the election so easily. Compare that to how the media and Co were making out that Obama was some kind of phenom and walked on water in 2008/9, it's not surprising.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 2:26 am

Why does it seem there's only two of these aerial photos that could have been taken at any time?

How do I know for sure one wasn't taken early while people were still filing in?

Not that I really care, but how can I know for sure?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 2:45 am

Jacoby wrote:
I don't see why Trump should be obligated to respect people that aren't respectful of him, he is the president after all and the media is deliberately and maliciously working delegitimize any way they can think possible. The media provoking Trump and him responding to them isn't news to me, that is manufactured drama by the media that has no relevance to anything. Who cares what the attendance figures were(which there is no official count or any facts to work on) and why is the media obsessed over it? The pictures of the mall like 2/3rds empty from hours before hand being spread around social media is an example of FAKE NEWS and that was what Trump was responding too. The media is dishonest, they barely ever panned to the crowd when it contains Trump supporters and they did this the whole election too. That's why Trump would always joke that's why he loved protesters at his events since that was the only thing that would get the media to pan to the crowd. If attendance was such a big deal then why didn't they talk about Hillary's paltry attended rallies?

Trump is a pretty simple guy to get along with, you show him respect and he'll return it in kind. Trump has had a mantra of 'love your friends and trash your enemies' his whole adult life, it's just how he communicates but it makes sense to me. It doesn't make sense to want to provoke Trump at this point, not if you actually care about this country more than scoring petty political points.

If you are the president you put yourself in front of the world to stand criticisms. It's hardly anything new. Instead of being petty he could have taken the moral high ground. Also he can't be petty anymore trashing his enemies could burn bridges and start wars.

If he fakes empirical evidence for something so ridiculous than what else will he fake?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 2:47 am

JohnPowell wrote:
alex wrote:
Why does the White House lie about inauguration attendance though? It's pretty easy to look at the photos and see the truth.

The CNN photos were showing Trump's inauguration prior to tens of thousands more people got in. It was purely put out to cause conflict and have people fighting over something trivial and stupid. With the whole media and the CIA against Trump and putting out fake stories and obsessing over something he said on a bus 11 years ago it's amazing that so many people turned up and amazing Trump won the election so easily. Compare that to how the media and Co were making out that Obama was some kind of phenom and walked on water in 2008/9, it's not surprising.

If you see the video that was discussed and it was due to the angling of the CNN photos. The timelapse (which can't lie because you know video) told a different story

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 3:04 am

The whole point of the media making an issue of this in the first place, was done to attack the Presidency.

Just like the reason the media claimed a bust of Martian Luther King Jr had been removed, was to attack the Presidency.

Is it the media's job to attack the Presidency? Should we the people allow them to continue to do so?

If so how can we expect to receive honest news from a media that's in constant attack mode?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 3:08 am

EzraS wrote:
The whole point of the media making an issue of this in the first place, was done to attack the Presidency.

Just like the reason the media claimed a bust of Martian Luther King Jr had been removed, was to attack the Presidency.

Is it the media's job to attack the Presidency? Should we the people allow them to continue to do so?

If so how can we expect to receive honest news from a media that's in constant attack mode?

Well it did prove that the white house lied which isn't comforting

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

24 Jan 2017, 3:17 am

Why weren't any of these people who think this is such an egregious lie nearly as outraged when the Obama administration blamed the murder of ambassador and four other Americans on a spontaneous protest to an obscure youtube video? They knew it was a planned terrorist attack but they still lied to all the media outlets about it being the result our offending Islam.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 3:30 am

Alliekit wrote:
EzraS wrote:

That's sensationalism. Why do so many seem to prefer sensationalism? I mean it kinda indicates they have nothing legitimate to focus on.

Why not make an objective determination based on fact?

Tom Barrack who was in charge of the inauguration, fed false information to the President and White House staff in regard to the to attendance.

So when the media supplied contrary information (simply to attack the Presidency), it naturally seemed to the White House they were lying.

In truth no one purposely lied about any of it, it was just a miscommunication misinformation mess up.

But of course people who shun objectivity, will just keep repeating "the White House lied, the White House lied, the White House lied...."

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 5:15 am

EzraS wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
EzraS wrote:

That's sensationalism. Why do so many seem to prefer sensationalism? I mean it kinda indicates they have nothing legitimate to focus on.

Why not make an objective determination based on fact?

Tom Barrack who was in charge of the inauguration, fed false information to the President and White House staff in regard to the to attendance.

So when the media supplied contrary information (simply to attack the Presidency), it naturally seemed to the White House they were lying.

In truth no one purposely lied about any of it, it was just a miscommunication misinformation mess up.

But of course people who shun objectivity, will just keep repeating "the White House lied, the White House lied, the White House lied...."

I know what you mean its just like trumps fans screaming "FAKE NEWS, FAKE NEWS, FAKE NEWS..."

I'm just sitting here finding it hilarious that trump cares so much about something to unimportant that his team chose to lie or present 'alternative' facts to protect his ego.

Also if it was just 'misscommunication' then why were random suggested numbers plucked put of thin air?

The truth of the matter is that aside from the media no one actually cares about the size of the crowd because it doesn't mean anything. Instead of ignoring of dismissing the issue they scrambled to try and 'fix' it instead of remaining calm and presenting honest reports.

My main issue is that for a man who claims he hates 'fake news' shouldn't be a hypocritic and should report the truth.

But go ahead and dismiss it as 'sensationalism' :lol:

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 5:54 am

Jacoby wrote:
Why weren't any of these people who think this is such an egregious lie nearly as outraged when the Obama administration blamed the murder of ambassador and four other Americans on a spontaneous protest to an obscure youtube video? They knew it was a planned terrorist attack but they still lied to all the media outlets about it being the result our offending Islam.

Obama isn't president anymore! Don't try to change the topic. :roll:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 11:22 am

Alliekit wrote:
I know what you mean its just like trumps fans screaming "FAKE NEWS, FAKE NEWS, FAKE NEWS..."

Like the fake news that Trump had a bust of Martin Luther King Jr removed from the White House, being the latest fake news story.

Alliekit wrote:
I'm just sitting here finding it hilarious that trump cares so much about something to unimportant that his team chose to lie or present 'alternative' facts to protect his ego.

What you should be asking is why the media cared so much about it to make such an issue of it in the first place. His team didn't lie that's another sensationalist remark. Tom Barrack's statement to the president and whatever staff was with him was unintentionally misleading. Did you bother to watch his interview discussing the matter on Meet the Press, or would you rather just say stuff that you think sounds good, instead of getting the facts?

Alliekit wrote:
Also if it was just 'misscommunication' then why were random suggested numbers plucked put of thin air?

Why don't you find out like I did before commenting on it?

Alliekit wrote:
The truth of the matter is that aside from the media no one actually cares about the size of the crowd because it doesn't mean anything. Instead of ignoring of dismissing the issue they scrambled to try and 'fix' it instead of remaining calm and presenting honest reports.

So if it appears the media is lying about something it should just go ignored? But as I stated somewhere else, Sean Spicer did go overboard. Then he came back and redressed the issue. In other words he admitted to screwing up. Screwing up doesn't equal lying.

Alliekit wrote:
My main issue is that for a man who claims he hates 'fake news' shouldn't be a hypocritic and should report the truth.

He responded that what the media published was contrary to what he was told by what should have been a reliable source.

Alliekit wrote:
But go ahead and dismiss it as 'sensationalism' :lol:

If the shoe fits :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 11:30 am

All this "fake news" and "alternative" facts puts me in fear of Big Brother.

1984 in 2017.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 11:33 am

Earthbound wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Obama isn't president anymore! Don't try to change the topic. :roll:

It would be helpful to leftists if people stopped pointing out double standards wouldn't it?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 11:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
All this "fake news" and "alternative" facts puts me in fear of Big Brother.

1984 in 2017.

Why because one person put their foot in their mouth by saying something as ridiculous as "alternative facts"?

But I will say I prefer the new trend I'm seeing all over of comparing the new administration to a fictional novel, rather than comparing it to Nazis and the Holocaust.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 11:44 am

It's not just Trump. It's the entire political landscape these days.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

24 Jan 2017, 11:46 am