Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 5:50 am

I have fantasized learning/doing both backpaking and surfing .
For backpacking , I imagined doing the Appalachin Trail - then , for nearer to where I am , I thought of the Pacific Coast Trail .
Of course , there re other - And less gigantic ! :x - places to BP than that .
for surfing , hen I lived in Santa Cruz , : Surf City : :mrgreen: , I fantasized about doing so . however , I had the holes/infections in both of my big toes then :( , so going into the water (Apparently fairly polluted there , alas :P ) was a no-no - Since then , I,ve had both of my big toes amputated :cry: , so , anyway ,those wounds aren,t a problem anymore .
Surfing involvves balancing on a board , of course , and doing it with your toes - So how do-able might that be fr me ? On either plus or minue level , it could seem like a kind of Oprah/National Public Radio feature story : trying to realize yourself\improve yourself/inspiring : sort of thing which people could feel cynical about , if they were inclined to put it down , as : h , you;
,re just someone who can,t do it pretending to do it : :( .
Them
n , the toes aside , there,s my general age - and the walking hobbled-ly due too my Congestive Heat Failure - I don,t know that I would ever truly improve from ,t :cry: .
Likewise , if less obviously so , for BP - Walking a lot on my level :( ?
Having said that , though , I will follow now on the possibility that I could , physically , pull doing it on some level - But , it was cost a lot to learn how to do both BP and SURF , even if I had some help from someone , and really , you would need a lot of pretty expensive equpment/stuff t do it alright .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 12:11 pm

...Are both of hese suh : non-Aspie : things d that nobody hasanything to say about it :o ?
Geez , dudes :wink: .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!