Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 8:07 am

I could reverse that and ask how can you not admire her or like her as a person? No-one can truly know her as a person, and in truth, it is personal opinion. Just because you don't admire or like her, does not mean anyone who does has to explain themselves. She is spiritual, she has a brain in her head...and a shrewd business mind, at that, and I don't think she is a bad person. Simple as that.

E7ernal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 8:18 am

Kosmonaut wrote:
no-one cares about her music or whatever, this is why we like madonna

I was wrong, you make me wanna barf

Graelwyn wrote:
I could reverse that and ask how can you not admire her or like her as a person? No-one can truly know her as a person, and in truth, it is personal opinion. Just because you don't admire or like her, does not mean anyone who does has to explain themselves. She is spiritual, she has a brain in her head...and a shrewd business mind, at that, and I don't think she is a bad person. Simple as that.

good point, I understand how you could admire her - I dislike her for separate reasons. it's kosmo I'm not happy about

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 8:26 am

whats yr problem?
i mean this seems to be a madonna aprreciation thread and E7ernal come on it with all yr negative BS of why u dont like madonna.
and im the one with the problem ? :?
get over yself e7ernal :lol:

codarac
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 2:44 pm

I like some of Madonna's early stuff. My fave is a track called Lucky Star.
I don't think much of her recent stuff at all.

Anyway, when it comes to looks, I prefer classy birds like Katie Melua. :mrgreen:

CableBlackBox
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2023, 12:50 pm

unnamed wrote:
the-over-analyzed wrote:
Well, I'm just not into that kind of music.

But, Hey I think she could be AS or something. Remember when she moved to England and she suddenly started speaking with an English accent? Who would do that unless there was something odd going on?

I think she has AS and ADHD. Back in the 80s she was so hyperactive and intent on shocking people with her sexuality, but in an extremely pedantic, aspie-type fashion. Once she calmed down a little in the 90s, she started looking really aspie in interviews, not making eye contact and getting frustrated when the interviewer interrupted or misinterpreted her. I always noticed that she rolled her eyes a lot when she was talking, or her eyes would be moving back and forth while she was answering questions, so that it almost looked like she was "reading" her answers in her head. She's always come across to me as extremely disciplined and fixated on whatever project she's working on. Her cultural and spiritual interests have always been quirky, especially by pop celebrity standards. Her history with men is really interesting, she always tended to fluctuate between difficult, "project" men and younger boytoys.

So yeah...I think Madge may be one of us. :lol:

I agree

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 1:39 pm

CableBlackBox wrote:
unnamed wrote:
the-over-analyzed wrote:
Well, I'm just not into that kind of music.

But, Hey I think she could be AS or something. Remember when she moved to England and she suddenly started speaking with an English accent? Who would do that unless there was something odd going on?

I think she has AS and ADHD. Back in the 80s she was so hyperactive and intent on shocking people with her sexuality, but in an extremely pedantic, aspie-type fashion. Once she calmed down a little in the 90s, she started looking really aspie in interviews, not making eye contact and getting frustrated when the interviewer interrupted or misinterpreted her. I always noticed that she rolled her eyes a lot when she was talking, or her eyes would be moving back and forth while she was answering questions, so that it almost looked like she was "reading" her answers in her head. She's always come across to me as extremely disciplined and fixated on whatever project she's working on. Her cultural and spiritual interests have always been quirky, especially by pop celebrity standards. Her history with men is really interesting, she always tended to fluctuate between difficult, "project" men and younger boytoys.

So yeah...I think Madge may be one of us. :lol:

I agree

I hope that you are aware that you are replying to posts made sixteen years ago.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 8:13 pm

codarac wrote:
I like some of Madonna's early stuff. My fave is a track called Lucky Star.

Yes indeed:

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jan 2023, 9:49 am

I really like her music but I don't like her later stuff quite as much.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2023, 9:55 pm

I am ok with her music and respect that she is so successful in an industry that is particularly misogynistic especially when she started out.

She is the female David Bowie in that both artists effortlessly went from character to charactor.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Feb 2023, 1:29 am

I'm gonna quote a line from The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air.

Who's hotter than Madonna in a pointy bra :wink:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition