Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jan 2017, 10:40 pm

Helps with your Sensory issues i tried to drink water it helps alot with my anxiety and temperature im really get overheated without water im not sensitive to cold but im very sensitive to heat and humidity i get really sweating and very cranky days but i have to drink water helps me calmer you should drink water too do u have sensory issues with temperature?

Diagnosis Asperger's Syndrome back in 2005
also have Anxiety Disorder, OCD

Severe to Profound on my left ear and have cochlear implant on Right ear i'm Deaf

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 10:47 pm

I don't like the heat and humidity too much.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 1:21 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I despise heat and humidity. My friends always talk about moving to Florida or somewhere tropical and I could not stand for that.
On the topic of water, I can detect the differences of tap water between towns. Filtered water just tastes better because it filtered out the magnesium and chlorine or whatever they put in water these days.

Goth Fairy
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jan 2017, 2:06 am

I am the opposite. I love heat, but I'm extra sensitive to cold. Even with extra warm jumpers and coats I start shivering before anyone else. I don't really notice humidity at all, it's confusing when people complain about it, because I don't understand what they're talking about. I do notice when people are blasting out the air con and it is cold and dry and that's really uncomfortable for me.
I'm also variably sensitive to flavours, texture is much more important to me. I think that's why I don't really enjoy drinking that much- water, cola or even alcohol. I much prefer smoothies or thick milkshakes because then it actually feels like I'm getting something. Drinking is more of a chore for me- something I do because I have to.

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 2:16 am

I have sensory issues with water. :lol:

I love the heat (though struggle A LOT with humidity), and like Goth Fairy I'm extremely sensitive to cold. If a room is 'warm enough' for me to be comfortable, it's far too hot for everyone else.

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jan 2017, 5:16 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

yeah if you drink water it helps balance your temperature dehydrated if you don't drink water

Severe to Profound on my left ear and have cochlear implant on Right ear i'm Deaf

Berabara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jan 2017, 5:20 am

ArielsSong wrote:
I have sensory issues with water. :lol:

I love the heat (though struggle A LOT with humidity), and like Goth Fairy I'm extremely sensitive to cold. If a room is 'warm enough' for me to be comfortable, it's far too hot for everyone else.

well how could you imaging with 38.9C with 40.9C feels like in Humidity it kills me cause me shutdown very hot here you would not like it here i prefer the cold i dont have any issues with cold at all but Australia is way hotter than UK we can get up to 19.2C average at night this month so far im over this stupid heatwaves but in winter UK is colder than australia because your closer to north pole but UK is like Tasmania i know all about weather but in Australia hottest place is 50.5C hottest day record name place called Mardie Western Australia

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2017, 6:55 am

Goth Fairy wrote:
I am the opposite. I love heat, but I'm extra sensitive to cold. Even with extra warm jumpers and coats I start shivering before anyone else.

ArielsSong wrote:

You'll both love the fact that I'm also in the UK and still wearing just a t-shirt! Everyone else in the office are wearing jumpers and hoodies and I'm still too hot :)

As for water? I love it. It's my drink of choice throughout the day.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

26 Jan 2017, 7:03 am

Well the heat here is pretty extreme but you get sort of use to it, I don't leave the house without water but that just seems like a smart thing to do in such an unforgiving desert. It's nice this time of year but it gets really cold at night, something about this cold really chills you to the bone for some reason, I shiver like one of those little chihuahuas its so cold. :oops:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 7:33 am

Yeah I have a real problem with my internal thermostat , I overheat when it's too warm , I'm pretty sure it was caused by antipsychotics ( cant prove it ). I know drinking water is very beneficial but I can't do it , I don't like the taste of water and sometimes force myself to drink it when I'm ill.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 4:49 pm

liveandrew wrote:
Goth Fairy wrote:
I am the opposite. I love heat, but I'm extra sensitive to cold. Even with extra warm jumpers and coats I start shivering before anyone else.

ArielsSong wrote:

You'll both love the fact that I'm also in the UK and still wearing just a t-shirt! Everyone else in the office are wearing jumpers and hoodies and I'm still too hot :)

As for water? I love it. It's my drink of choice throughout the day.

Tonight, I am sleeping in fleece pyjamas with my thickest luxury dressing gown, under the winter tog duvet. I am jealous of your strength against the cold. :P

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2017, 5:55 pm

ArielsSong wrote:
Tonight, I am sleeping in fleece pyjamas with my thickest luxury dressing gown, under the winter tog duvet. I am jealous of your strength against the cold. :P

I thought they brought them up tough in Lancs? :)

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2017, 6:09 pm

Wow, this went quickly from a "water" conversation to a "temperature" conversation.

As for water, it's the only beverage I'll drink. It's the cheapest and healthiest. I'm on a well, so the water tastes great.

On the temperature side of things, I'm fairly tolerant to low temperature, but I can't stand a humidex over 30. This isn't to do with sensory processing issues, but more to do with not sweating. I don't sweat anywhere other than my hands and feet. As a result high temperatures aren't just uncomfortable, they're potentially dangerous. This could become especially problematic in a warming climate...

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

KatyKat_721
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jan 2017, 9:05 pm

Waterwise-I'm very picky. I won't drink it unless its very cold, or from a waterbottle.
Temperaturewise-I hate heat. I love the cold, and it takes a lot to make me cold.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 2:59 am

Not really, it makes me feel better than the days when all I drank was soda, I try to go through 1.5 litres a day of hydration. I suppose there's something in that because liquids and solids can be absolutely loaded with crap that affects your brain balance negatively and induce bodily processes which can contribute to meltdowning.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 5:07 am

I also hate hot weather, especially hot, humid weather. I have had the opportunity to go south to Florida for the winter for many years now, with my snow bird parents, who have a summer home up here, and a winter home in Florida. I will never go there, because even in the winter, most of the time Florida is too warm and humid for me. I'd rather stay up here and freeze in my trailer. Actually I do okay. I have a new furnace to replace the clunker that never worked right, and then didn't work at all. I have room heaters to allow me to keep the room I am in warmer, while turning down the furnace heat for the whole trailer. I have plenty of blankets, and warm clothes, including a lovely blanket that has fake lambswool on one side, and extremely soft, plushy velour on the other side. It's basically two blankets that were stitched together, so it is more layers. It's twice as big as I need, size wise, so I double it up, which makes it even warmer. I also have a nice comforter that I double up too, so I am warm enough when sleeping. I also have a Queen size down duvet comforter stored in a closet, that had belonged to my mother. After she died, this is one of the things of hers that I got. If I have a serious power failure that lasts for days, I can go stay at a relatives home, who have a wood burning stove, & a generator, but I would rather stay here & run the gas stove burners, like I did when the old furnace died. My place is somewhat drafty, so that's not a serious hazard for me. I might have a problem with the pipes freezing though.

About 11 years ago I lived thru a 5 & a half day power outage caused by a series of snow and ice storms, so I know what that's like, and what to do if it happens again.

Ah! There I go again, getting off topic. Well, I am sensitive to hot humid weather, but then, I don't much like frost bite, either, and I've experienced that, too.