Share your experiences in a research study

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

voxeldance
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jan 2017, 10:49 pm

Princeton University neuroscientists are looking for adult (18+) research participants with ASD to share their experience about their social strengths and weaknesses! The questionnaire is anonymous and open between Jan 24 and Feb 5!

Last edited by B19 on 28 Jan 2017, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.: Link removed.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 2:38 am

Done. Are you the researcher in question?

There Are Four Lights!

voxeldance
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jan 2017, 11:45 am

Thank you so much Darmok!

Yes I'm running the study, and this research interest originates in personal experience :) I feel strongly as a neuroscientist that we must start focusing more the uniqueness of individuals rather than bunching everyone together as a uniform group. Only then can we understand the complexity of the ASD spectrum and actually figure out ways to help everyone with whatever they personally struggle with.

If you have questions or want to discuss anything in person, please use the contact details on the study page.

Thank you for participating! This is just the very beginning of a program that I hope will benefit the ASD community in the end.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 4:42 pm

There is nothing in that link which appears to represent the university, and there is only your word for that. Members need to exercise caution in these matters. Someone might wish to email the University to find out if this study has been officially authorised.

To the OP: the protocol here is to obtain permission from the site owner before you solicit information from members as an unknown newcomer.

PS: after clicking on that link I got a phishing scam email almost immediately from a "Michelle Wang" in Perth Australia (a name known to Scamwatch) It may have been a coincidence though perhaps not. Locked.

Darmok advises he has verified the study source: T

https://princetonsurvey.az1.qualtrics.c ... i3Wv5sHNGd