How would you describe your sense of humor?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Caesar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2017, 6:17 pm

I also have the dry sense of humor, it's mostly because of the lack of emotions when I talk that everything I say apparently sounds so funny lol

Reptile
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Feb 2017, 6:38 am

I have a morbid and dark sense of humour. That kind of humour oversensitive people react with:”That’s not funny, that is sick and offensive!” to.
I’m also fairly sarcastic and cynic.
And I laugh about random things that were never meant to be a joke in the first place.

harry12345
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Feb 2017, 4:31 pm

b9 wrote:

a girl handed me a note at work a few days ago, and she handed it to me in an orientation where it was upright to her, but upside down to me. without turning the paper around to read it, i claimed that if she wanted me to read it she should not have typed it upside down.

There is a photocopier at work that photocopies the pages upside down. Sometimes, if you are really unlucky the printing comes out on the other side of the paper too.

dkraps95
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Feb 2017, 4:39 pm

Hello:

I would describe my sense of humour as "dry " .
d :D

ConfusedPanda
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Feb 2017, 9:49 pm

This New Year's Eve, I went to my sister's friend's party with her in New York. Right outside, in Central Park, was an anti-Trump protest. Several of her friends stood at the window and chanted "Protest! Protest! Protest! Protest!" really loud, then collapsed laughing. I just muttered, "I'm sure they heard you." Cue my sister and her friend laughing their asses off and I'm just sitting there, like "huh?"

Then fast forward a few weeks, my friend and I are watching a movie. In one scene, a guy is confessing that he cheated on his wife. Right as he says it, some random woman outside (who probably didn't hear us) goes "*GASP!!* That b***h!" I ... couldn't even. We had to pause the movie so I could finish my 15-minute laughing fit.

I just call it "stupid humor" :P

rabo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jul 2021, 6:51 am

That is interesting. I thought it is said, that Aspies do not have ANY humour. They take everything literally, therefore they cannot understand humoristic things.

Hope I am wrong with that what I heard. I have a very, very surrealistic sense of humor. Lets say Monty Pytons style. So let me ask one question: Is that Aspies style of humor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZw35VUBdzo

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 2:13 pm

The jokes I make, I'm very punny. What I find funny? I don't think there's really a way to describe it besides "quirky." I haven't really picked up on any sort of pattern or theme to that. Some things I don't find funny at all and others I think are way funnier than even I think they should be.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 2:17 pm

Mark Twain-like wit and humor comes to mind. And yes, dry humor and bad puns!

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 2:34 pm

Sarcastic, self depreciating, and I reference other things a lot. I basically just have Gen Z humor. lol

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 2:51 pm

I have a dry sense of humour offline, and online I have a sarcastic sense of humour.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 1:40 pm

Dry and sarcastic.