How would you describe your sense of humor?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ThisAdamGuy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 9:18 am

What kind of sense of humor do you have? For me, I'm really sarcastic. People tell me I have a dry sense of humor, but I'm not entirely sure what they mean by that. As opposed to a wet sense of humor? A slightly damp one? Sometimes, if I'm in a really good mood, I'll veer off into Monty Python territory, which can either have fantastic results or "holy crap I'm never going to show my face in public again" ones.

What about you?

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2017, 9:24 am

I reckon my sense of humour could be regarded most of times as bitter, puzzling, surrealistic and/or far from politically correct. I was used to think of it as sarcastic for a while but I don't think that's quite an accurate word.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 10:55 pm

I tend to be random or joke about bodily fluids. Some told me that I have a dark sense of humour.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 11:05 pm

a dark sense of humor, sometimes sarcastic, with a deadpan delivery.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 12:10 am

Mischievous.
Practical joking.
Bad puns.
Acerbic wit.
Think, Star Trek "Q" ...
* evil grin * :)

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 5:17 am

really really bad puns. to the point where it mentally hurts people to hear them because of the cringe. sometimes i have good timing, most of the time i dont though. i dont really read when the right time to say it is

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 5:30 am

my sense of humor is very private and designed to give people the s**ts.
it is them getting the s**ts that makes me laugh.

i like thinking of ways to misinterpret things that make people either angry or at least scratching their heads.

an example is a cop booking me for making a "U" turn, but i can prove that i made a "W" turn because i knew that "U" turns are illegal.

i like to interpret things in a comical way where others do not think of it.

maybe no one else will agree that it is funny, but if it's funny to me, then that's all that matters.
_____________here is a classic example (just one so don't worry)
the girl at the chemist i feel is very close to me and likes me although i do not know why.

i have had some intelligent conversations with her before and she is only in her 20's by the look of her, but while she was preparing my prescription today, i started reading the names of products on the shelf and i found one that i started to laugh at (for privately known reasons), and she saw me laughing and smiled thinking i am sure "i wonder what's going through his mind to make him laugh because i know he is not a lunatic"

well it was that i saw a product called an "ear thermometer", and i thought "why in hell would i want to know the temperature of my ears?" (although i really knew that it did not mean that at all) and i could tell she wanted to ask me what i was laughing at but she refrained because she didn't have the guts and i never said why and thanked her and left.

what a darling. i would like her to be my daughter if i had one but i don't and whatever......

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 9:13 am

Puns.

Lots of puns.

N8solano
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2017, 1:36 pm

My sense of humor is sardonic (which is sarcasm and irony I guess).

It's weird because growing up I had trouble wrapping my head around it (as I know most autistics do). Until I realized it was basically obvious lying (Which is good because I can't do real lying). I am told that my tone doesn't reflect the sarcasm I portray though (Again I know most ausies also have trouble with tone), but they turn around and think that makes me "good" at sarcasm (Lol, Neurotypicals these days. How they amuse me :)).

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 2:17 pm

Dark and sarcastic... apparently it's pretty common where I come from, but I suppose I somehow take it even further since people tend to say that I have "a unique sense of humor." Especially doctors told that to my mother when I was younger.

XeroFur
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2017, 2:25 pm

Either a "hit or miss" for me, more of a miss. but I love puns, puns are awesome! Sometimes, people don't even know I'm joking, and they think I'm being serious.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 2:35 pm

I really like truthful type of humor; for example when Jeff Ross roasted Donald Trump (before he became President ); Jeff Ross told Trump "I started reading your book Art of the Deal but I haven't finished it because there are 4 chapter 11s".

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 3:22 pm

'Dry' is the exact word that people use to describe my sense of humour, as well.

I always took it to mean quite deadpan delivery, so that I say things that amuse people but they can never quite tell from my tone if that was my intention. But, honestly, I don't know.

shadowtag
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jan 2017, 5:45 pm

ArielsSong wrote:
'Dry' is the exact word that people use to describe my sense of humour, as well.

I always took it to mean quite deadpan delivery, so that I say things that amuse people but they can never quite tell from my tone if that was my intention. But, honestly, I don't know.

Ditto.

FreakyZettairyouiki
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jan 2017, 9:35 pm

XeroFur wrote:
Either a "hit or miss" for me, more of a miss. but I love puns, puns are awesome! Sometimes, people don't even know I'm joking, and they think I'm being serious.

Same for me. Even if I'm obviously being sarcastic people may think I'm serious. Like??

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 3:31 am

my sense if humor does not really make me laugh, but i like thinking thoughts i consider humorous.

when i see ad's on TV, i very often intentionally look for alternative ways to perceive them and it makes me sound like a disgruntled cranky old man when i say them to people who do not understand.

just before christmas there was an ad for a major retail chain we have in australia called "woolworths" and they use all the tactics they can to make people feel warm and fuzzy.

in this ad, there was a little girl about 7 years old in her pyjamas who was placing carrots on plates so that santa's reindeer could have something to eat. how ..."cute"

while she was placing the carrots on the plate and saying the name of each reindeer that it was for, she was nibbling on a carrot herself, and when she came to the last plate, she realized she had half eaten the carrot that was meant for that reindeer so she said "sorry comet" or whatever.
then the ad cuts to her pony tailed father who is holding her asleep in his arms....how "cute" and he said quietly "that's why we choose woollies"

i thought "yeah? if you shopped somewhere else maybe you could afford more bloody carrots so she could eat her own without depriving a reindeer ".

another car ad said just "only $19,900 drive away" and my immediate thought was, "how much would it cost me if i just left it there in your yard?".

there was a sign down the street the other day which said "total fire ban" and i imagined ringing up and complaining that the cost of the paint used in painting "total" was a disgrace to taxpayers, because no one can light a partial fire.

they go on forever and most people can not be bothered listening to them and if they do, they do not find it funny.

a girl handed me a note at work a few days ago, and she handed it to me in an orientation where it was upright to her, but upside down to me. without turning the paper around to read it, i claimed that if she wanted me to read it she should not have typed it upside down.

they really do go on forever........