Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 3:07 pm

WikiHow is a website that basically tells how to do many things. I've found some of the articles helpful, like the positive advice they give for autistic people, and this past Christmas I learned how to make "fairy jars", which I gave to my mom and grandmother as presents. But then they have all this weird and kind of creepy stuff, like "How to Annoy People", or "How To Fake Your Own Death", and even "How To Be a Dictator".

So what do you think? Is there anything else that's weird or helpful you've found on WikiHow?

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 8:22 pm

Wikihow isn't a site I take very seriously. It has a reputation for poorly written articles, and I'm not sure if I've ever actually accomplished anything thanks to a Wikihow guide.

KatyKat_721
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jan 2017, 8:47 pm

I like it most of the time, some of the articles can be pretty crazy. But I love the ones about taking care of stuffed animals-lol :lol:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 9:59 pm

^ Yeah I liked those, too. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2017, 11:31 pm

I love WikiHow. I like reading through the different articles of advice. My favourite article in the past was How To Be a Mod that I read back in 2009.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 8:47 am

I like to read the articles about fluffy things. Such as how to take care of a dog, how to adopt a cat, etc. It makes me feel warm and happy on the inside.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 11:45 am

I've read the rare article there. One about chafed skin comes to mind.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 1:36 pm

I used to obsessively read articles on WikiHow that had titles like "How to be Cool" and things like that when I was in junior high and high school. They never helped me, and some of them gave pretty bad advice. However, I have found some of their singing, drawing, and crafting articles helpful.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2017, 11:54 pm

Today I was amusing myself by reading the articles that have been nominated for deletion. One of them was "How To Consume a Lollipop". What? :lol:

Seriously, if you you don't know how to eat a lollipop (or a lolly as they're usually called in the UK, or a sucker, as they're usually called in Canada, then you probably shouldn't even have one. You might put your eye out with the stick or something.

Maybe if you came from a really poor country where you've never even seen lollipops, let alone eaten them, and it's your first time?

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 9:18 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I love WikiHow. I like reading through the different articles of advice. My favourite article in the past was How To Be a Mod that I read back in 2009.

I should give that one a read. I'm trying to be a glam rock mod.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2017, 11:34 pm

I was just reading an article about understanding autistic "body language", and someone posted a question asking if autism caused AIDS. The answer was no, but I suspect that the person who had asked was just being a troll. :x