Page 9 of 9 [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,144
Location: The end of the northwest passage

31 Jan 2017, 5:14 pm

Call your Senators. It will only take 3 Rs to stand up to Trump if all the Ds stick together. It seems fairly uncontroversial that we should have an Education Sec. with a reasonable grasp of the education system, and knows the official positions she holds in fake nonprofit corporations.

Some of the Rs on the committee sounded like they want to vote her down in the full Senate. Push them to do so.

This just in: As Tuesday draws to a close off the coast of Europe, Ladbroke's has Trump at 11/10 to be impeached in his first term. This does not reflect the prediction of the bookies, just the way the bets are trending. As a behavioral economist, I eat this stuff up, because people are putting their money where their mouths are. That's a nasty mixed metaphor, but not hyperbole.


_________________
"I find that the best way [to increase self-confidence] is to lie to yourself about who you are, what you've done, and where you're going." - Richard Ayoade


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 95,419
Location: the island of defective toy santas

31 Jan 2017, 10:26 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
@Kraichgauer - I like you. You're a nice guy. I do worry for you, and others like you, who try to reason with these brainless Trumpettes. They just like arguing for the sake of arguing. If you say white, they'll say black. If you say black, they'll say white. All they'll do is give you a heart attack. I've stopped trying to reason with these numbskulls and I feel better for it. Hopefully, you'll do the same and follow Robin's lead.

there is just no dealing with the bloodyminded among us.



Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,173
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada

31 Jan 2017, 10:32 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
@Kraichgauer - I like you. You're a nice guy. I do worry for you, and others like you, who try to reason with these brainless Trumpettes. They just like arguing for the sake of arguing. If you say white, they'll say black. If you say black, they'll say white. All they'll do is give you a heart attack. I've stopped trying to reason with these numbskulls and I feel better for it. Hopefully, you'll do the same and follow Robin's lead.

I got the same problem too... Then again a heart attack may be a better fate that whatever await us in a world in which Trump is the US President. :(



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 95,419
Location: the island of defective toy santas

31 Jan 2017, 10:33 pm

Tollorin wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
@Kraichgauer - I like you. You're a nice guy. I do worry for you, and others like you, who try to reason with these brainless Trumpettes. They just like arguing for the sake of arguing. If you say white, they'll say black. If you say black, they'll say white. All they'll do is give you a heart attack. I've stopped trying to reason with these numbskulls and I feel better for it. Hopefully, you'll do the same and follow Robin's lead.

I got the same problem too... Then again a heart attack may be a better fate that whatever await us in a world in which Trump is the US President. :(

in the face of united historical GOP opposition to working-class health care, it would be a death sentence. but point taken, the living might envy the dead after a few more months of this chaos.
Image



Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,173
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada

31 Jan 2017, 11:30 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
@Kraichgauer - I like you. You're a nice guy. I do worry for you, and others like you, who try to reason with these brainless Trumpettes. They just like arguing for the sake of arguing. If you say white, they'll say black. If you say black, they'll say white. All they'll do is give you a heart attack. I've stopped trying to reason with these numbskulls and I feel better for it. Hopefully, you'll do the same and follow Robin's lead.

I got the same problem too... Then again a heart attack may be a better fate that whatever await us in a world in which Trump is the US President. :(

in the face of united historical GOP opposition to working-class health care, it would be a death sentence. but point taken, the living might envy the dead after a few more months of this chaos.
Image

My country do provide free healthcare, at least for now; but the US-Canada frontier is close and even in Canada there is some that like the ideas of Trump. With the extreme right in power in US, it can only gain influence in Canada.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 95,419
Location: the island of defective toy santas

31 Jan 2017, 11:31 pm

Tollorin wrote:
My country do provide free healthcare, at least for now; but the US-Canada frontier is close and even in Canada there is some that like the ideas of Trump. With the extreme right in power in US, it can only gain influence in Canada.

you must RESIST the noxious American virus with all your might! :o



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

01 Feb 2017, 2:57 am

redrobin62 wrote:
@Kraichgauer - I like you. You're a nice guy. I do worry for you, and others like you, who try to reason with these Trumpettes. They just like arguing for the sake of arguing. If you say white, they'll say black. If you say black, they'll say white. All they'll do is give you a heart attack. I've stopped trying to reason (with them) and I feel better for it. Hopefully, you'll do the same and follow Robin's lead.


It's time for the defeated Clintonettes to simmer down and yield to the victorious Trumpinati. Resistance is futile. :twisted:



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 95,419
Location: the island of defective toy santas

01 Feb 2017, 3:09 am

we will not submit to the borg.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

01 Feb 2017, 3:16 am

auntblabby wrote:
we will not submit to the borg.


That's what Matthew Bennell said.

http://mafab.hu/static/2014t/285/04/20615_26.jpg



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 95,419
Location: the island of defective toy santas

01 Feb 2017, 4:17 am

EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
we will not submit to the borg.


That's what Matthew Bennell said.

http://mafab.hu/static/2014t/285/04/20615_26.jpg


no pods for me. I will not take the number.



Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,606
Location: Beautiful(?) West Manchester Township PA

01 Feb 2017, 5:01 am

beneficii wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
@Adamantium - you're right. MY "close minded" and "medieval" shots were cheap and unwarranted. Here's a thought that, hopefully, shows you where I stand.

I'm a homeless, food stamp-receiving, immigrant black man with autism, bipolar disorder, PTSD, history of substance abuse disorder, chronic depression and anxiety. In other words, I'm basically a ticking time bomb.

Now, you come to someone like me and tell him, "Look, the new president doesn't really care for people like you. As a matter of fact, he may start sending federal troops to your neighbourhood to maintain the peace."

HOW am I supposed to behave when I feel like there's a target being drawn on my back?


Very good point. It's hard to take the detached "open-minded" approach when it's your own well-being on the line.


You ain't just whistling Dixie!

I'm not exactly in the same boat as redrobin62, being white and at least having a roof over my head, and have never used illicit drugs (for that matter, I don't even drink alcohol), but I'm a diabetic that is having more than enough problems controlling my glucose levels that also suffers from colitis. I'm pushing 60, get SSDI and a measly $16.00 per month on food stamps, and I'm supposed to roll over on my back like my late, lamented basset hound and take it?

Personally, the so-called deplorables Billary described have been duped for the last 45 years. Before anyone b*****s about my advanced degrees and how I'm one of the elites that are so despised by the general public, I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Mom and Dad grew up in dysfunctional homes and were the black sheep of their respective families. They refused to finance my education (and I have the loan defaults, now in deferment, to prove it, since NELNET screwed up the paperwork on my disability forgiveness). What education I do have, I learned the hard way, through classroom and the school of hard knocks.

To tell you the truth, tRump, much as I despise him, should take a cue from the Soviets: instead of a wall, he should drop a Lexan curtain around the entire country and disallow ALL immigration, as well as all foreign trade. This country deserves to become isolationist, just like North Korea and Cuba. Why should we be the world's police force, as well as world's supermarket, only to be p!ssed on?

Just my $.02, which will probably be totally ignored, especially after threatening suicide this past weekend.


_________________
I'm back, for the time being. Any one who even attempts to rip me a new rear end because of my opinions will find themselves reported to administration. Anyone on my Foes list that replies to my posts will automatically be reported for harassment. You have been warned.


marshall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,752
Location: Turkey

01 Feb 2017, 9:13 am

EzraS wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
@Kraichgauer - I like you. You're a nice guy. I do worry for you, and others like you, who try to reason with these Trumpettes. They just like arguing for the sake of arguing. If you say white, they'll say black. If you say black, they'll say white. All they'll do is give you a heart attack. I've stopped trying to reason (with them) and I feel better for it. Hopefully, you'll do the same and follow Robin's lead.


It's time for the defeated Clintonettes to simmer down and yield to the victorious Trumpinati. Resistance is futile. :twisted:

It doesn't make any sense to call us "Clintonettes". This idea that everyone who opposes Trump is a Clinton supporter is a reflection of the um-nuanced black-and-white-thinking conservative mind. Not all those who detest Trump voted for Clinton, plus even those who voted for Clinton do not worship Clinton the way Trump fans worship their Dear Leader.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

01 Feb 2017, 9:31 am

marshall wrote:
EzraS wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
@Kraichgauer - I like you. You're a nice guy. I do worry for you, and others like you, who try to reason with these Trumpettes. They just like arguing for the sake of arguing. If you say white, they'll say black. If you say black, they'll say white. All they'll do is give you a heart attack. I've stopped trying to reason (with them) and I feel better for it. Hopefully, you'll do the same and follow Robin's lead.


It's time for the defeated Clintonettes to simmer down and yield to the victorious Trumpinati. Resistance is futile. :twisted:

It doesn't make any sense to call us "Clintonettes". This idea that everyone who opposes Trump is a Clinton supporter is a reflection of the um-nuanced black-and-white-thinking conservative mind. Not all those who detest Trump voted for Clinton, plus even those who voted for Clinton do not worship Clinton the way Trump fans worship their Dear Leader.


First of all that was satire. Second of all you did what you're lecturing about when you decided I must be a Trump worshiper because I objectivity challenge certain things I see and hear. Trump can get impeached and sent to Guantanamo for all I care.



adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,885

01 Feb 2017, 9:36 am

EzraS wrote:
marshall wrote:
EzraS wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
@Kraichgauer - I like you. You're a nice guy. I do worry for you, and others like you, who try to reason with these Trumpettes. They just like arguing for the sake of arguing. If you say white, they'll say black. If you say black, they'll say white. All they'll do is give you a heart attack. I've stopped trying to reason (with them) and I feel better for it. Hopefully, you'll do the same and follow Robin's lead.


It's time for the defeated Clintonettes to simmer down and yield to the victorious Trumpinati. Resistance is futile. :twisted:

It doesn't make any sense to call us "Clintonettes". This idea that everyone who opposes Trump is a Clinton supporter is a reflection of the um-nuanced black-and-white-thinking conservative mind. Not all those who detest Trump voted for Clinton, plus even those who voted for Clinton do not worship Clinton the way Trump fans worship their Dear Leader.


First of all that was satire. Second of all you did what you're lecturing about when you decided I must be a Trump worshiper because I objectivity challenge certain things I see and hear. Trump can get impeached and sent to Guantanamo for all I care.


That'd certainly be a twist. Do you think they'd revise the waterboarding policy if he ended up there?



Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2013
Age: 1020
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,863
Location: Erehwon

01 Feb 2017, 12:31 pm

I had little hope that people might stick to real issues and avoid name calling and posturing, but even that was too much.

I don't think this thread serves any purpose. I would recommend that people stop adding to it as it seems destined to go nowhere, even as major issues around executive orders and nominees are unfolding. Too bad.


_________________
Don't believe the gender note under my avatar. A WP bug means I can't fix it.


Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2013
Age: 1020
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,863
Location: Erehwon

01 Feb 2017, 1:24 pm

moderating

marshall wrote:
EzraS wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
@Kraichgauer - I like you. You're a nice guy. I do worry for you, and others like you, who try to reason with these Trumpettes. They just like arguing for the sake of arguing. If you say white, they'll say black. If you say black, they'll say white. All they'll do is give you a heart attack. I've stopped trying to reason (with them) and I feel better for it. Hopefully, you'll do the same and follow Robin's lead.


It's time for the defeated Clintonettes to simmer down and yield to the victorious Trumpinati. Resistance is futile. :twisted:

It doesn't make any sense to call us "Clintonettes". This idea that everyone who opposes Trump is a Clinton supporter is a reflection of the um-nuanced black-and-white-thinking conservative mind. Not all those who detest Trump voted for Clinton, plus even those who voted for Clinton do not worship Clinton the way Trump fans worship their Dear Leader.


Sweeping generalizations about THEM are not permitted under site rules or Politics, Philosophy and Religion guidelines.
Trumpettes is no good
Clintonettes and trumpinati doesn't help
Complaining about clintonettes in context seems a touch oversensitive, but you are entitled to your feelings. Following that with a sweeping generalization about "the way Trump fans worship their Dear Leader" seems almost surreal.

Thread locked


_________________
Don't believe the gender note under my avatar. A WP bug means I can't fix it.