Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 8:27 pm

Well my dad said when he was in the states they had shirt sizes like XXXL and XXXXL because people are really wide but obviously it's just a side effect of western consumption culture and honestly if someone wants to work out and be healthy it doesn't matter where you live you can do that anywhere.

The biggest you can find here is XXL never seen anything bigger than that for shirts... if you want anything wider you probably have to go to a special shop or have it tailored for your size

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 8:45 pm

Chummy wrote:
Well my dad said when he was in the states they had shirt sizes like XXXL and XXXXL because people are really wide but obviously it's just a side effect of western consumption culture and honestly if someone wants to work out and be healthy it doesn't matter where you live you can do that anywhere.

The biggest you can find here is XXL never seen anything bigger than that for shirts... if you want anything wider you probably have to go to a special shop or have it tailored for your size

Are sizes different there or are they labeled differently? I have heard some companies will change the names for sizing to be more appealing to larger people.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 9:03 pm

There are probably slight differences between different shapes and companies making the clothes but that's only in general and applies everywhere anyway, in any country... but yeah like the sizes in America are very big, definitely bigger than here and I assume some other places as well so people who need it to fit.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 9:48 pm

I remember reading how some cloth companies did the making the cloth sizes smaller to make people feel skinny. I believe it started decades ago.

tensordyne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Apr 2017, 10:02 am

He gives a crap somewhere in there about big, rotund, head of his. He has too much ego not to care. Lying to yourself is the best!

The obesity epidemic in the US and elsewhere is a result of a diet that emphasizes animal products and processed carbs. My Mom is obese, I used to be obese. Difference, I have been vegan for a couple years and she continues to choose to eat crap that is killing her. So, oh well.