Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2019, 10:41 am

what should i do next?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 1:38 pm

I don't want to try it because I might get hooked and that would cost money. I'm having a hard enough time staying away from scratch tickets and lotteries.

rebeccadanielprophet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2019, 1:53 pm

Illuminata wrote:
I have recently put everything together for myself with the help of the only friends who still speak to me - and happen to be on the spectrum. I have long been aware of Asperger's and autistic traits, but like many Aspie women, I was grossly misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder (which I never thought I had). And several defining autistic traits are different in females. I took another look at my issues after another period of not being able to handle my day to day enough to hold down a job or build any personal relationships. I have always been "gifted" and put in the appropriate classes but I never got help for my social or emotional or sensory issues. This has greatly complicated my life and contributed to many negative and traumatic experiences and inexplicable failures (for someone so "together and smart" as me). I am female and nearly forty and scraping by and looking after my aging parents in the deep South.

Also, I believe smoking and ingesting marijuana has probably saved my life. I have, like most autistic people, a very high base level of anxiety that I have been told I can think my way out of (but really can't). The right amount of pot can quiet my jitters and put me in a state of mind that I deeply feel makes me more creative and calm. I can even feel content enough to get up and get housework and creative work done.

I know the perception is that any drugs are detrimental, but I also have been taking Lamictal as a mood stabilizer and nothing else but my blood pressure meds. I would do much better if cannabis were legal in my neck of the woods and I could better know the strength and quality and specific effects of what I was getting, but ridiculous and abusive laws keep positive naturals out of the hands of people with nerve disorders who have been proven to benefit from types of cannabis.

Do any of you also use pot to regulate sleep and anxiety?
How do you feel about it?

I believe that Cannabis is medicinal and can cure cancer and back when I was spiritually using it, it helped me make friends and helped me connect deeper to God and the people around me. Drug addiction/abuse happens when the person is using it to escape. I did the opposite. I wanted to understand God and His Universe deeply and connect to nature. It also gave me words to write. I feel like it is a positive Gift from God, from Jesus.

"Someday you might see who I really am, and it will change the way you feel about me." "Nothing could ever do that."

Made different to make a difference

whether as victor or vanquished, isn't it better than sullen resignation?

rebeccadanielprophet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2019, 1:57 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
In my case... I could never for obviously legal reasons.

And of it were legal here? I'd still won't take it. I'd make sure I won't ever need it to make my life easier.
In fact, it doesn't matter if it's weed or milktea. If anything, I don't want my functioning to be dependent on any single source or concept. Unless it's the doctor's orders of course.

I've been living in a world where availability and access is an issue. That's why I cannot allow dependence of single, scarce, or anything that is expensive or a hassle.

I've completely resolved anxiety without it, and I'm steps closer to resolve my sleep issues without it.
My sleep issues might as well less to do with autism, and more to do with something else entirely.

trust yourself, not doctors. Doctors are great, but dont let them order you around. If a doctor orders you to take a pharmaceutical drug, do research and pray about it. Then decide if you will take it. Remember it is your body. And doctors have their hands in pharmaceutical companies' pockets. Remember that. Do research about longevity and holistic health.

"Someday you might see who I really am, and it will change the way you feel about me." "Nothing could ever do that."

Made different to make a difference

whether as victor or vanquished, isn't it better than sullen resignation?

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 4:21 pm

rebeccadanielprophet wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
In my case... I could never for obviously legal reasons.

And of it were legal here? I'd still won't take it. I'd make sure I won't ever need it to make my life easier.
In fact, it doesn't matter if it's weed or milktea. If anything, I don't want my functioning to be dependent on any single source or concept. Unless it's the doctor's orders of course.

I've been living in a world where availability and access is an issue. That's why I cannot allow dependence of single, scarce, or anything that is expensive or a hassle.

I've completely resolved anxiety without it, and I'm steps closer to resolve my sleep issues without it.
My sleep issues might as well less to do with autism, and more to do with something else entirely.

trust yourself, not doctors. Doctors are great, but dont let them order you around. If a doctor orders you to take a pharmaceutical drug, do research and pray about it. Then decide if you will take it. Remember it is your body. And doctors have their hands in pharmaceutical companies' pockets. Remember that. Do research about longevity and holistic health.

Chill, you sound a bit stoned right now

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia