Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 3:28 pm

It looks like we will have another investigation.

John Ashcroft led an investigation not long ago and brought something like 150 cases. They probably narrowed that down from 600 or so cases that weren't all as good, legally or in terms of the evidence. Some of the people charged were Democrats, and some were Republicans. There may have even been some others, idk, and you can find a source you trust because it was big news at the time.

The numbers make no difference in terms of the vote, because they are spread out nationally. My dad argues that even one fraudulent vote is one too many. In theory, I agree, but I find myself arguing for the limits of government power on this one, and then trying to explain diminishing returns.

Once I find myself trying to explain those things to a fiscal conservative, I know I am in Wonderland.

Any better arguments, please?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 4:23 pm

I don't doubt there was some voter fraud, but hard to say weather more of it ended up being in trump or hillaries favor.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 5:24 pm

On the other hand, courts have ruled and Republican public officials have admitted in unguarded moments, that the voter ID laws are specifically geared to discriminate against minority and poor voters. The results are less legal voting in most cases, except when people get angry and register even more people.