Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 9:44 pm

My entire body gets tight reading all of these responses. People ask me, "If you know this, why can't you do that?" The truth is, I never really had a chance to show what I could do.

Alexinwonderland
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Feb 2017, 4:59 pm

I find it really difficult processing verbal instructions too late, I forget instantly and need instructions to be written for me. When it comes to directions being given verbally, this is even worse for me as i do not understand north south east and westablished and I sometimes get my left and right confused. I either need someone to come with me to a new place or be given landmarks to remember on how to get somewhere as I can't read maps (I.East turn left, walk ahead, turn right, walk around the corner from the mcdonalds) kind of instructions.

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

05 Feb 2017, 7:08 pm

I have a problem of hearing directions then immediately forget it or my mind goes blank when they tell me

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 9:17 pm

Alexinwonderland wrote:
I find it really difficult processing verbal instructions too late, I forget instantly and need instructions to be written for me. When it comes to directions being given verbally, this is even worse for me as i do not understand north south east and westablished and I sometimes get my left and right confused. I either need someone to come with me to a new place or be given landmarks to remember on how to get somewhere as I can't read maps (I.East turn left, walk ahead, turn right, walk around the corner from the mcdonalds) kind of instructions.

I've heard it said that males normally understand directions involving "North, East, South, West"
and females normally understand directions involving "You'll see a McDonald's on the corner, turn right."
It's true in my case.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 9:18 pm

KanyeWestFan wrote:
I have a problem of hearing directions then immediately forget it or my mind goes blank when they tell me

Same here.