Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

eipsa
Raven
Raven

16 May 2007, 2:57 pm

I don't normally have dreams that predict the future and I don't pretend that I do, but this morning I had a really weird and very vivid dream in full technicolour and widescreen of being on a beach and seeing these huge tornadoes growing ower the ocean and it was all very ominous, there were also smaller twisters striking down. On top of that I was windsurfing and a house or shed featured, but that was secondary, the main thing was the tornadoes.
As I don't normally have this clear dreams, and since it was about this natural phenomenon, I'm just putting on the record that this is what I dreamed. So if there's a major tornado incident in the next few days, I'll be able to say hey! I dreamt that! could be cool!
Just a little experiment.... 8O 8O 8O

A friend of mine have told me that she often have dreams of future happenings, like she has even mentioned once to a friend this weird dream she had of being in this house or flat that was very distinct, and a few days later they both found themselves in this same house, and it was apparently very freaky.
Anybody here dreams of the future? do you keep a dream record? has anything ever come (verifiably from the log) true?

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 May 2007, 3:04 pm

Yes, I've dreamed things and then had them come true. Little things, like hearing a phrase spoken by someone in the dream later being spoken by them IRL. Once, I dreamed about this strange guy. Later, I saw him sitting at a table on campus. Since the dream hadn't been very pleasant, I did not talk to him. For a long time I kept a dream log, but lately haven't been as diligent with it.

jackhippy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2007, 3:26 pm

I know how this sounds...I have many premonitions. The problem is, if I tell anyone about them they don't come true. I dreamed about the death of James Brown three days before he died and I didn't mention it....He died.

I am most likely delusional but I like to believe that when I dream of a tragedy, if I tell someone about it, it will not happen. The downside is: If I forget to mention it aloud and it does happen, i feel like it is my fault.

Scratch that, I am delusional.

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. My epiphany was less grandiose. It was quite the opposite. I realized I was talking to myself, but no one was listening.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 3:32 pm

Dreams are interesting. I used to spend some time analysing other peoples... I used to have dreams that came to pass, but mostly I either do not remember these days or they are very surreal. I envy those who can lucid dream. I dream in colour all the time, but I have yet to master lucid dreaming and am too lazy to attempt to. I suppose dream diaries can be interesting as you can build up an idea of repeating symbols and motifs.

Beammeup
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 May 2007, 3:55 pm

eipsa wrote:
...seeing these huge tornadoes growing ower the ocean and it was all very ominous, there were also smaller twisters striking down... ... the main thing was the tornadoes.

Hah! I read about a "100 tornado day" in the midwest... recently... Did you have your radio on when you were sleeping? :D Just joking, I give some dreams of mine real credence...

Pick up a book about Edgar Cayce... A documented clairvoyant who made future predictions; from the thirties I believe...

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 4:02 pm

Ah, the Sleeping Prophet.

tam1klt2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 May 2007, 11:24 pm

I've had such vivid dreams at times they seem like a memory. Then, the next time I see the person I don't know if I should say something or not because I can't tell if it were real or not. I don't want to embarass myself. :oops:

venuse
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 May 2007, 1:09 am

i have dreams of the future, although most of them that come true are dream about video games ill get in the future. although ive had a few about some other stuff like talking to people, or going to places.

one dream of the future i remember is one where im at a gaming shop in hawaii and im looking at an armored core game. i truely hope this one comes true since if i have the money to go to hawaii i must have a good amount of money in the future which i have none right now.

RadiationHazard
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 1:20 am

Had a few. Had Alot. Usually had the original dream when I was too young to understand it, then it happened and made perfect sense. I don't have them anymore.

Dr. Chase: I'm Australian.

Dr. House: You put the Queen on your money, you're British.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 2:18 am

I suppose when you are taught to believe something isn't real or possible...it ceases to become real and possible.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

17 May 2007, 2:30 am

I dreamed last night Werbert was at my old house checking out my messy room with me.

I then dreamed I was in some kind of military service with men and women and we were all changing clothing in a common area.

----

Then when I woke up my sister wanted me to go help her get something she was storing at my Grandmothers old house and look for something for our father. The house was moldy and a mess. Among the things I found was a Army service book that when opened it up it was on the same page as a photo of my father.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 4:28 am

I dream about places before I've been there. It's really freaky when I actually find myself in this place and remember the dream.

TrishC7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 4:46 am

I've had this happen at times, but by no means often. It's very interesting when it's something you wouldn't at all expect to happen.