told you're inferior to other people of your own gender

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 1:26 pm

Do you get told that your inferior to other people of your own gender? Some guy on here said he gets told that he's inferior to women. I haven't so much been told I'm inferior to women as I've been told that I'm inferior to other men and that I'm not a real man.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 Jan 2017, 6:06 pm

I heard stuff like that my whole life but I don't exactly conform to the male gender stereotype & I have physical disabilities in addition to my Aspergers that people don't understand.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 8:52 pm

My mother keeps telling me to act more "ladylike", which I don't want. Besides, what is "ladylike"? Any lady can be "ladylike" in her own way, even the butchest of the butch.

I no longer identify with the female gender anyway, it's something I've struggled with all my life. I have always wanted an androgynous body. And now I feel out of place amongst other nonbinary people because a good majority of them are more politically left than me, which takes some doing BTW :)

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 10:16 pm

My mum told me to grow up. I left a message on her machine telling her that I don't want to. She has my sister. Why does she want me to be a *yuck* lady, too. I'm not going to bow down to that lofty expectation of hers.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 10:37 pm

Some people do, but then I realized that they are trying to control me as if their opinion is all that. I also secretly smile to myself because I realize they are way under estimating my intelligence.