Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 11:51 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
My only concern is how much difficulty I'll have in referring to people the way they want. I can understand it on my own time, and I probably can find a better source than just asking whoever I encounter. Also, it's hard to know where rude is.

Tell me what you want me to call you, and I'll do my best. I can find or invent my own reason to grant you that courtesy.

If we're at a Star Trek event,
here's what you should call me,
depending on what I'm wearing:

1) Ambassador T'Sinde of Vulcan
2) 1 of 5 (Borg designation)
3) Q from the Q Continuum

The implication made by this post is that people's feelings about gender identity are equivalent to cosplay. It deserves no further response, imo. Just put a check next to the name of the person who made it.

This just goes to show that you don't know me.
But whatever.
Cross me off your list then.

Going with the classic mischaracerization ploy, eh?
In the interests of greater general understanding, I'll restate and clarify my position. I won't decide that someone is a bigot based on any one post. I don't know you (plural you in all cases). However, all you give me are your posts, and I will make a decision based on them. You get a mark, not crossed out, so there's no need for drama over it unless that's just what you enjoy about PPR.

I reserve the right to decide when I consider someone a bigot, and why. It's foolish to imply that I would make the decision casually, for anyone who can accept that all I give you to know me are my posts.

Here's just one of my previous posts here on WP, the link to the post appears below it:

When you test as high as you can go for talent
and as low as you can go for social and communication skills,
you don't get a whole lot of sympathy.
Picture a Q trying to fit in with and be accepted by mortals
and live to tell about it ...

This year I plan to spend more time creating art,
something which I'm successful at ...
and less time beating my head against a brick wall
trying to make friends with people who claim to follow IDIC
but who feel intimidated, threatened, insecure, inadequate, and scared
at the first sign of someone who's different,
no matter how hard I try to be friendly
and all the things I do in an attempt to prove myself.

Star Trek fans in clubs who hold the rank of Captain or above?
Tend not to like me much ... all I have to do is show up
and they seem to feel challenged.

I do tend to get along well with
people with exceptionally high IQs,
and artists,
as far as good conversations anyways.

I had a best friend who knew I was Aspie.
I think she was one too, but I lost her to heart disease.

I have a couple of more casual NT friends that I've told ...
non-Star Trek fans, very normal and down to Earth.
It's taken them awhile, but they seem more accepting now.

Pretty much though I'm inclined to head back to the Continuum.

viewtopic.php?t=305142

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 11:56 am

^ It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent.

There Are Four Lights!

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 11:59 am

Another post here on WP wherein I self-identify as a Star Trek Q:
Again, link appears below:

Ha!

Seriously though, I see a lot of similarities between the autism spectrum and the Q Continuum:

1) Not liking loud noises (Q Junior)
2) Being mystified by humanity at times
3) Tending not to like change (as per Quinn)
4) Becoming expert in our areas of interest
5) Social skills? What are they and why do we need them?
6) Mimicking in order to communicate (think all of those historical costumes, Robin Hood, American Civil War era, etc.)
7) Standing back and observing ... someone at a Star Trek convention complimented me on acting in character as a Q for doing this, I replied that no, this was the real me, I wasn't acting.

As for the Borg, aren't they more NT? Talk about social conformity ... :)

Anyways, my question now becomes, why settle for just a planet?

posting.php?mode=reply&f=21&t=336516

P.S. ... As for my having appeared in Borg form in the past, that does not mean I'm an NT ... it just means I love costumes, which is huge in the Continuum, where communicating via such symbols is commonplace, especially when dealing with mortals (plus it's just plain fun)! :)

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 12:00 pm

Darmok wrote:

Exactly so, Darmok ...

and as you know, I have a metal ID bracelet specially made for me
engraved with that very quote. :)

I'm known as the phoenix here on WP,
but my friends call me Q.

BTW, are you absolutely sure it wasn't 5 lights?
* mischievous grin *

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 12:11 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Exactly so, Darmok ...

and as you know, I have a metal ID bracelet specially made for me
engraved with that very quote. :)

I'm known as the phoenix here on WP,
but my friends call me Q.

BTW, are you absolutely sure it wasn't 5 lights?
* mischievous grin *

There. Are. Four. Lights!

There Are Four Lights!

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 12:30 pm

I've thought a bit about Q, but this is the first time I've thought about engaging in political discussion.

Definitions partition.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 12:41 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
My only concern is how much difficulty I'll have in referring to people the way they want. I can understand it on my own time, and I probably can find a better source than just asking whoever I encounter. Also, it's hard to know where rude is.

Tell me what you want me to call you, and I'll do my best. I can find or invent my own reason to grant you that courtesy.

If we're at a Star Trek event,
here's what you should call me,
depending on what I'm wearing:

1) Ambassador T'Sinde of Vulcan
2) 1 of 5 (Borg designation)
3) Q from the Q Continuum

The implication made by this post is that people's feelings about gender identity are equivalent to cosplay. It deserves no further response, imo. Just put a check next to the name of the person who made it.

This just goes to show that you don't know me.
But whatever.
Cross me off your list then.

This just in: new information indicates a unique situation which hardly anyone would infer from the context. I didn't infer it. Will comply. I extend that courtesy broadly, I hope.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 1:05 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Most of these make no sense in my opinion. They are just feelings. Should we label any feeling a gender? I'm a gardener should that be a gender? Sorry if I am being rude, kind of tone death to these things.

I have friends who are trans, one of them in fact who is also a WP member who resides in Spokane. Prior to meeting them, I had little understanding of gender identity. I still don't claim to know all the ins and outs, but what I do know is, trans people simply want respect, and that includes accepting them for their identities, whether that be transexual, pansexual, or any other.

I am not talking about trans people. They identify with the opposite sex. No problem to me. I fully support that. I tecongnize a trans person as the sex they identify with. I am talking about the other fifty genders.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 10:01 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
This just in: new information indicates a unique situation which hardly anyone would infer from the context. I didn't infer it. Will comply. I extend that courtesy broadly, I hope.

You also mentioned "Definitions partition."
Yet what you see in my words, and now my photo, is my real personality and how I express it ... and so logically,
this is also how I will express myself politically. Mostly in words, sometimes in pictures.
Yes, this is a photo of me ... and the fireworks come from other photos I've taken.

For your rash judgment, you deserve to be turned into a Denebian Slime Devil.
And I have no qualms about sending people away.
Out of sheer boredom and for my own amusement, I suppose I'll give you another chance.

And what does any of this have to do with the thread topic?
Well, here again I present President Trump's tweet:
"If U.C. Berkeley does not allow free speech and practices violence on innocent people with a different point of view - NO FEDERAL FUNDS"

I believe that even minority or unpopular opinions, such as some think mine,
deserve a fair hearing, a chance to be heard,
without being immediately shot down or shut out.
Especially in a university setting.
And especially when that university accepts federal funds.
Keeping in mind that violence on innocent people is a crime.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 10:18 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Most of these make no sense in my opinion. They are just feelings. Should we label any feeling a gender? I'm a gardener should that be a gender? Sorry if I am being rude, kind of tone death to these things.

I have friends who are trans, one of them in fact who is also a WP member who resides in Spokane. Prior to meeting them, I had little understanding of gender identity. I still don't claim to know all the ins and outs, but what I do know is, trans people simply want respect, and that includes accepting them for their identities, whether that be transexual, pansexual, or any other.

I am not talking about trans people. They identify with the opposite sex. No problem to me. I fully support that. I tecongnize a trans person as the sex they identify with. I am talking about the other fifty genders.

This is America. You can be anything you want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. And fifty different genders aint hurting anyone. Chances are, you and I will never even meet anyone laying claim to any of those fifty.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 10:27 pm

Some countries are starting to pass laws forcing you to use their pronouns. Canada tried to pass that. They also had a case where someone disagreed with and group of feminist and the case actually went to court. He won, but it took him years to win. He lost his job and went into debt.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2017, 10:31 pm

Perhaps, but Elvis Presley's adopted bigfoot/alien baby wrote an op-ed largely debunking those stories.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2017, 7:05 am

What?

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2017, 4:02 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Also, who is this stupid? Who has not figured out at this point that the way you deal with people like Milo is to ignore them, that attacking them, especially violently, is counterproductive at best? I really think some of the ANTIFA people in particular are just thugs themselves looking for an excuse to bust some heads, which seems foolish given who they're allegedly opposing.

Pretty much.

Rioting is exactly what Milo wants. He's seeking attention, makes inciting statements with a smile on his face. Then when people get angry "omg them librels are like so intolerant!"

People on both sides hate him. Just like there are people on both sides that hate Trump.

The right seems to have trouble separating the hundreds of rioters they see in the news versus the millions that peacefully disagree with Milo's opinions.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2017, 4:10 pm

diablo wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Also, who is this stupid? Who has not figured out at this point that the way you deal with people like Milo is to ignore them, that attacking them, especially violently, is counterproductive at best? I really think some of the ANTIFA people in particular are just thugs themselves looking for an excuse to bust some heads, which seems foolish given who they're allegedly opposing.

Pretty much.

Rioting is exactly what Milo wants. He's seeking attention, makes inciting statements with a smile on his face. Then when people get angry "omg them librels are like so intolerant!"

People on both sides hate him. Just like there are people on both sides that hate Trump.

The right seems to have trouble separating the hundreds of rioters they see in the news versus the millions that peacefully disagree with Milo's opinions.

I read a story about a Milo supporter who appeared to want to get punched, and he got his wish. It was a huge gift for his Twitter profile, much like the Trump tweet was great for Milo. I had never heard of either one before the rioting, myself.

This looks more and more like the Reality TV presidency all the time. As noted elsewhere, my tastes run more towards British Baking than Apprentices.

diablo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2017, 4:34 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
diablo wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Pretty much.

I read a story about a Milo supporter who appeared to want to get punched, and he got his wish. It was a huge gift for his Twitter profile, much like the Trump tweet was great for Milo. I had never heard of either one before the rioting, myself.

This looks more and more like the Reality TV presidency all the time. As noted elsewhere, my tastes run more towards British Baking than Apprentices.

Gordon Ramsey or Jamie Oliver for president?