Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2005, 6:12 am

anyway..did you get "eternal happiness"? What else can you get in return for a soul?

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2005, 9:04 am

Well, Homer Simpson got a donut.......

Also, you can declare said contract null and void for 2 reasons. 1) Have you been eternally happy? and 2) Your life isn't over yet. If you die, you are therefore unhappy because dieing is unpleasant. Therefore, the contract is voided........

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2005, 7:54 pm

You can look at it as a compliment too you know, Captain, he's not gunna ask everyone!

It's important to laugh at evil presences too, when you fear something you give it power over you, that's why christians only fear god. So...I'd do some type of renunciation and just be aware that there may be other attempts (he doesn't like to let go easily, like any salesman with a 'prospect' of a sale) in other forms - this is what is known as 'temptation' hehehe and life is full of tempations and opportunities to do the wrong thing, but be prepared to laugh at and ridicule evil entities too.

The other notion to keep in mind is that everything the devil/satan says is a lie. He is called the 'father of lies' so the question/contract itself is also a lie, which is proven by the fact that he can't deliver. I think the real question/offer being made in this situation is 'Can I tempt you?', not "Can I buy your soul?', so in my opinion, since he can't deliver on his promises, the only thing you've agreed to is that you can be tempted, and most people can. So expect further temptations.

Last edited by Postperson on 07 Jun 2005, 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2005, 8:08 pm

Captain_Brain, from what I've read about demonic possession it is fictional. A person can believe they have possessed when actually it is just stress, mental illness, or drugs. Also a person wanting to believe they have been possessed will often cause them to actually believe they are possessed. You haven't lost your soul, you haven't been possessed, you just think you have.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2005, 8:57 pm

Sean wrote:
Demons like to take advantage of people when they are in a trance/dreamlike state becuse it seems to lower their resistance to persusasion and leaves them more vulnerable to possesion. Now, I've talked to people when I was in high school who experimented with the occult and then wondered why they were being harassed by demons (including one girl who talked about demons and spirit guides using the terms interchagably), and this is by far the most creey thing I've only heard. I've only heard one other personal account of visitiation, but that guy rejected the offer. All of these are examples of why sorcery is strictly forbidden by the Bible. The good news for you is that the demons have not finished their collection on the deal, and Conversion to Christianinty is described as a spititual death and rebirth that would render any prvious deals void.

Captin Brain, what city do you live in?

Kinda like a spiritual Chapter 7 eh? that's interesting.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jun 2005, 1:20 am

Sean - I hope you undestand but I'm not going to say which city I'm in because then I'll have a slight paranoia that the Crusaders will be on the lookout for me. I do appreciate all of your advice 100% but there's too much paranoia in my life at the moment to give away the city I'm in - it's a relatively "small town" where "everyone knows each other".

Postperson - you're right when you talk about fear. I've learned this the hard way. You probably can't remember but were you different the few months after you were "visited"? Feel free to not answer if it's a painful memory. I'll definately understand.

Bec - you're right also. I think it may have been partly a psycho-somatic experience. The time that I thought I was possessed the doctor called it an episode of psychosis. Hey that could be the name of some hardcore band: The psychosistaz or something. Although barely anyone would get it and on p2p networks it'd appear as The Psycho Sistaz or something not cool. It sounds pathetic anyway "psychosistaz"...

Anyway, I like what some people say about the contract being void. It is true that "they" have not fulfilled their side so they can take this contract and burn it.

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jun 2005, 1:29 am

Also Sean - more on the spiritual death and rebirth thing. I think I had that when I was possessed. But here's the difference:

I was panicking in my room trying frantically to make protection from demons with whatever I could find. My dog was in the room also. I happened to catch my dog's eye - she was looking at me. It was in this moment that I felt a "rebirth". It was as if someone had shot me with some sort of extremely pleasant (but not too disabling) tranquilizer. And I felt an overwhelming calm and sense of love and peace. (I wasn't on any drugs). Hehehe, maybe it was my dog who bought my soul - at least it'd be in good paws then :)

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2005, 1:52 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Kinda like a spiritual Chapter 7 eh? that's interesting.

That sure is a trivializing way to put it. You see, someone may have sold their soul to the Devil, yet that soul is not the Devi's property. All souls were paid for by Christ through His death. Christ does not force anyone to entrust their life and soul to Him, but awaits them to entrust it to Him regardless of what they've done, and what they've done with it.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2005, 2:12 am

Nah, I didnt' mean to trivialize it. I guess I'm just thinking too much like a business major with my analogies.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2005, 4:14 am

'Postperson - you're right when you talk about fear. I've learned this the hard way. You probably can't remember but were you different the few months after you were "visited"? Feel free to not answer if it's a painful memory. I'll definately understand.'

Different, no, I think that's where our experiences differ, but then I was a kid and I don't recall childhood much. Belief is a strange thing, I don't know that I believed what the entity said. I sort of shrugged it off, like I did everything.

I did have what sceptics would call a 'psychotic' episode and a 'loss of soul' much later in life in my late thirties/early forties. I was actually quite ill and remember laying in bed feeling incredibly weak and I felt like a balloon deflating... like the 'air' went out of me. I remember thinking eeuw is this death, but I just passed out. I spose it came back. I also had just too many wierd and inexplicable experiences going on, so that's when I started looking into christianity and eventually became one...I needed some structure to cling to, something more powerful that the thing that was bothering me, plus I just wanted to be well again.

Anyway, glad you feel better about the experience, it's not about any one action you do or don't do, the uh 'door' is always open. I think fear or awe and the persuasiveness of the entity may have made you feel different. He does have some uh 'magickal' powers and he can certainly mess with your mind. Thank goodnes for dogs eh bro? They're wonderful things!

You may not have seen the last of him, he is persistent, so the only thing you can do (that I know of) for protection or as a spiritual defense is to pray a lot, just use the Psalms, whichever ones appeal to you at the time.

Last edited by Postperson on 08 Jun 2005, 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2005, 4:43 am

Bec wrote:
Captain_Brain, from what I've read about demonic possession it is fictional. A person can believe they have possessed when actually it is just stress, mental illness, or drugs. Also a person wanting to believe they have been possessed will often cause them to actually believe they are possessed. You haven't lost your soul, you haven't been possessed, you just think you have.

I guess you should consider yourself lucky that you have not encountered anything that would lead you to believe otherwise.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2005, 3:34 pm

Sean wrote:
Bec wrote:

I guess you should consider yourself lucky that you have not encountered anything that would lead you to believe otherwise.

Thank you, Sean. I'll keep that in mind.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2005, 8:07 pm

I wouldn't worry. Since the point of buying a soul is eternal torment and damnation and you in turn asked for eternal happiness, this sort of null and voids it as well. :)

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2005, 3:19 am

Quote:
What else can you get in return for a soul?

And if I doesn't cost as much can you get change?

Quote:
anyway..did you get "eternal happiness"?

How can he know? He can't judge until eternity is over which by its nature can never happen!

PeterMacKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2005, 8:22 pm

<Reads the thread>

<Blinks>

<Wanders away back to his naturalistic universe while mumbling about silly superstitious people>

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2005, 10:59 pm

If you write out soul on a piece of paper and eat it, you will be getting virtually the same value as the soul you sold.