Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 11:27 am

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Putin made it clear that he doesn't have anything on Trump, ...

How so?

Because the Kremlin made an official statement denying having any compromising material (kompromat) on Donald Trump.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 11:30 am

I would say we took at least partial credit, yes. We played a role in it.

But I believe the USSR imploding within itself should probably receive the most credit.

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 11:32 am

EzraS wrote:
I thought the US took credit in bringing the USSR to an end.

Former US ambassador Matlock argues that is not the case. But if I remember correctly Bush senior did use the claim that the US won the Cold War as an election rhetoric. Which in turn, according to Matlock, lead to some dangerous thinking patterns in US foreign policy since then.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 12:34 pm

EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Putin made it clear that he doesn't have anything on Trump, ...

How so?

Because the Kremlin made an official statement denying having any compromising material (kompromat) on Donald Trump.

What difference does that make? Obviously they are not going to come right out and say it. Trump's behaviour is the evidence.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2018, 4:11 am

Good looks, good body , eloquence , charm . And a bit of gangster . A mans man not a faux mans man like Trump who was born with a silver spoon in his gob .

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2018, 8:02 am

Progressive Schadenfreude would love it to be golden shower girls with Melania serving up divorce papers live on every channel, but if it is anything at all it is probably a corrupt business deal like endless politicians before Trump.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 10:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
In my opinion, we have to be wary of Russia for historical reasons.

Could you list those reasons? They did, after all, sell you the entire state of Alaska because they simply didn't want it anymore (and it turned out to have lots of gold and oil).

Why are so many people in the West so afraid of Russia? They're not interested in "conquering the world". That's just silly, because they don't need the rest of the world, for anything. If anything, the West needs Russia to scare gullible people senseless, as a 'bogeyman'.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 10:47 pm

Sigbold wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I thought the US took credit in bringing the USSR to an end.

Former US ambassador Matlock argues that is not the case. But if I remember correctly Bush senior did use the claim that the US won the Cold War as an election rhetoric. Which in turn, according to Matlock, lead to some dangerous thinking patterns in US foreign policy since then.

All of the Amazon reviews are five stars! That's really unusual, so it must be a really good book.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 11:55 pm

What Putin has on Trump:

1. The watersports video involving Trump and two Moscow prostitutes.
2. That Trump is financially indebted to Russia for bailing his chestnuts out of the fire when no American bank would touch that multiple bankrupt welcher with a hundred foot pole.
3. That Trump has allowed his properties to be used for money laundering by Russian oligarchs and/or mob for reason #2.
4. He may know where the bodies are literally buried.

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Apr 2018, 12:39 am

I'm not a Trump fan, and even then I can see that he's not tied to Russia. There is one candidate that has economic ties to Russia, and one 2016 candidate whose been under investigation by numerous individuals, many of which died under very suspicious circumstances. Also, let's not forget the ties that this nameless candidate has with Trump, so in theory, if he did have connections with Russia, it would have been through this particular nameless couple.

I might as well mention that the foundation of this nameless couple has been involved in scandals numerous times.

Using the word "nameless" to try to get the reader to think a little bit more.

So, that said, I think those who are still whining about their candidate losing (I'm not whining about my candidate losing) are trying to find non-existent dirt by any means necessary to try to get Trump out of office out of some kind of tantrum. Before someone says, "But this is huge! The election was rigged!" Sure, I am tired of cheating in elections, but it's nothing new -- there's a lot of dead voters, rigged machines, etc.
Also, I would like to point out that these very people were silent while scandals went on in other administrations during their lifetime. Sure, a scandal is a scandal, but one can't simply pick and choose when to have concern. Perhaps the worst that could be found is tax evasion, of which the nameless couple and many others have been and are involved with. :|

Sorry for a bit of a tangent; in short, someone was involved with Russia, and it wasn't this guy -- it's just being redirected to him. My thought is that the worst that can be found is tax evasion.

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson
10 July, 1975 - 21 August, 2018.