Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2017, 6:32 pm

I'm sorry to ask this here. I know that it isn't the appropriate forum, but I can't find anybody to ask and I'm worried about his and my parents' health.

Basically? He's losing the plot, thinks that everyone is out to poison him and says he's going to buy "chemicals" online and poison people who he thinks are conspiring against him. He's also accused mum of somehow colluding with them to poison him. Thinks that everyone is moving his stuff and trying to make him think he's gone paranoid. Won't eat or drink anything that anyone else has prepared or that has left his sight at all. My parents are afraid to go to sleep for fear of what he might do. For the record, he's 24, and I've told them that they should kick him out and/or call the police, but they won't. I don't think that he's in his right mind. He genuinely believes that everybody is conspiring against him and he acts accordingly. And I don't WANT them to kick him out, but at this point I don't feel like anything else is working for them. Really, he needs to be in some sort of psychiatric care, but if you look around there aren't any contacts for that sort of thing.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 7:48 pm

Yep , your brother sounds like he's losing his grip on reality. He needs proffesional help , talk to your GP about it and try get him an appointment and go with him ( it might not be easy to get him to go if he's paranoid ) , your GP should sort things out for you. Sectioning ? Let the Dr decide that. In an emergency ( when you feel your brother or people are at risk) A&E can sort things.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 8:01 pm

Mind should offer you sound advice their telephone number is 0300 123 3393

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2017, 2:21 am

Sounds like psychosis or a psychotic break to me (I know someone who occasionally has them). As far as I know only a doctor/psychiatrist can section a person so you'll have to either get him to see a GP or phone the emergency services - or you may be extremely lucky and get his GP to make a house call. Kicking your brother out may help you and your parents in the short term (until guilt kicks in) but obviously won't help him at all. The NHS have a useful page on how to deal with a mental health crisis.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.