Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 6:55 am

Meistersinger wrote:
It's about time someone shut that old bat up! Now let's make it permanent and proclaim Idi Amin Trump dictator for life :twisted: :evil:

Looks like the Republicans are taking notes from Erdgans book. Next they'll try to arrest Democrats for "insulting" Sessions.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 8:10 am

marshall wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
It's about time someone shut that old bat up! Now let's make it permanent and proclaim Idi Amin Trump dictator for life :twisted: :evil:

Looks like the Republicans are taking notes from Erdgans book. Next they'll try to arrest Democrats for "insulting" Sessions.

I hope they do, along with themselves and every other bureaucrat in the federal government.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 5:09 am

Basically, Mitch McConnell is saying "Elizabeth Warren belongs in the kitchen"

(Just for the records, my views on the Democrats are no better)

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 3:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Unfortunately, the KKK Grand Wizard... er, I mean Jeff Sessions, has been confirmed, despite Warren's martyrdom.
The one bright side is, Sessions is just another nail of incompetents nailed into Trump's - and the Republicans - coffin.

Sessions is more known than just his bigoted, racists views for, if one looks at his record of key issues that he has voted on you'll see that there are many malignant things to be fearful of as here are a few of them.

1. Alabama Attorney General & US Senate-As Attorney-General, Sessions led the state's defense of a school funding model which was ultimately found to be unconstitutional because of disparities between rich, mostly white, and poor, mostly black, schools

2.Sessions also argued that "the State of Alabama will experience irreparable harm by funding a conference and activities in violation of state law." A U.S. District court ultimately ruled the law unconstitutional in Gay Lesbian Bisexual Alliance v. Sessions, 917 F. Supp. 1548 (1996).

3.Immigration-Sessions was a leading congressional opponent of illegal immigration and proponent of reducing legal immigration. He opposed the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 and Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013. He claims that a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants undermines the rule of law, that the inflow of guest workers and immigrants depresses wages and raises unemployment for United States citizens, and that current immigration policy expands an underclass dependent on the welfare state.

4. Foreign aid & military policy- 2005, Sessions spoke at a rally in Washington, D.C. in favor of the War in Iraq organized in opposition to an anti-war protest held the day before. Sessions said of the anti-war protesters: "The group who spoke here the other day did not represent the American ideals of freedom, liberty and spreading that around the world. I frankly don't know what they represent, other than to blame America first."[75] The same year, he opposed legislation by Senator John McCain prohibiting the US military from engaging in torture; the amendment passed 90–9.[76.

5.Crime & Punishment-

Senator Sessions and Indiana Governor/Republican Vice-presidential nominee Mike Pence at an immigration policy speech in Phoenix, Arizona in August 2016
Sessions supported the reduction (but not the elimination) of the sentencing disparity between crack cocaine and powdered cocaine, ultimately passed into law with the Fair Sentencing Act 2010.[38][80][81]
On October 5, 2005, Sessions was one of nine Senators who voted against a Senate amendment to a House bill that prohibited cruel, inhumane, or degrading treatment or punishment of individuals in the custody or under the physical control of the United States Government. Torture is okay.

6. Taxes-Sessions voted for the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts, and said he would vote to make them permanent if
given the chance.[86] He is a signer of Americans for Tax Reform’s Taxpayer Protection Pledge.[87]
That's right higher taxes for people like you and me but, hardly any taxes for the wealthy and corporate elite.

I could go on mentioning his stance on various issues with pasted information Wikipedia, but I'll simply conclude with saying, he wants America to return to the 1800's where women know their role and black people are slaves once again. Honestly, I can't stand the bastardian.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 6:56 pm

kazanscube wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Unfortunately, the KKK Grand Wizard... er, I mean Jeff Sessions, has been confirmed, despite Warren's martyrdom.
The one bright side is, Sessions is just another nail of incompetents nailed into Trump's - and the Republicans - coffin.

Sessions is more known than just his bigoted, racists views for, if one looks at his record of key issues that he has voted on you'll see that there are many malignant things to be fearful of as here are a few of them.

1. Alabama Attorney General & US Senate-As Attorney-General, Sessions led the state's defense of a school funding model which was ultimately found to be unconstitutional because of disparities between rich, mostly white, and poor, mostly black, schools

2.Sessions also argued that "the State of Alabama will experience irreparable harm by funding a conference and activities in violation of state law." A U.S. District court ultimately ruled the law unconstitutional in Gay Lesbian Bisexual Alliance v. Sessions, 917 F. Supp. 1548 (1996).

3.Immigration-Sessions was a leading congressional opponent of illegal immigration and proponent of reducing legal immigration. He opposed the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 and Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013. He claims that a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants undermines the rule of law, that the inflow of guest workers and immigrants depresses wages and raises unemployment for United States citizens, and that current immigration policy expands an underclass dependent on the welfare state.

4. Foreign aid & military policy- 2005, Sessions spoke at a rally in Washington, D.C. in favor of the War in Iraq organized in opposition to an anti-war protest held the day before. Sessions said of the anti-war protesters: "The group who spoke here the other day did not represent the American ideals of freedom, liberty and spreading that around the world. I frankly don't know what they represent, other than to blame America first."[75] The same year, he opposed legislation by Senator John McCain prohibiting the US military from engaging in torture; the amendment passed 90–9.[76.

5.Crime & Punishment-

Senator Sessions and Indiana Governor/Republican Vice-presidential nominee Mike Pence at an immigration policy speech in Phoenix, Arizona in August 2016
Sessions supported the reduction (but not the elimination) of the sentencing disparity between crack cocaine and powdered cocaine, ultimately passed into law with the Fair Sentencing Act 2010.[38][80][81]
On October 5, 2005, Sessions was one of nine Senators who voted against a Senate amendment to a House bill that prohibited cruel, inhumane, or degrading treatment or punishment of individuals in the custody or under the physical control of the United States Government. Torture is okay.

6. Taxes-Sessions voted for the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts, and said he would vote to make them permanent if
given the chance.[86] He is a signer of Americans for Tax Reform’s Taxpayer Protection Pledge.[87]
That's right higher taxes for people like you and me but, hardly any taxes for the wealthy and corporate elite.

I could go on mentioning his stance on various issues with pasted information Wikipedia, but I'll simply conclude with saying, he wants America to return to the 1800's where women know their role and black people are slaves once again. Honestly, I can't stand the bastardian.

Thanks for the info. I have all the more reason to hate him, and his boss, Trump, now.

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 11:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

It seems that MLK's niece has a different opinion on the matter :

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2017, 11:40 pm

Sigbold wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Unfortunately her views are biased with a right wing slant.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 4:05 am

Sigbold wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Isn't she a fundie crackpot who had said her uncle, Dr King, wouldn't have supported gay rights? That, and her only memories of him beings when she was only a few years old?