Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

little P
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Feb 2017, 5:19 pm

POST UR FAVOURITE TRAINS. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :heart: :heart: :heart: :oops: :oops: :oops: :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Last edited by Skilpadde on 09 Feb 2017, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.: Homophobic language removed

jojipink
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Feb 2017, 5:23 pm

This is a nice train

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 6:49 pm

^
I have heard of the "A Train" on the Manhatten subway system.

But Ive never heard of an "A frame train" before. Lol!

That is a cute train.

SteveSnow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2017, 11:10 am

That is an interesting looking train. I do love riding on them so I'm wondering what that one would be like.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 8:16 am

Who remembers Supertrain? :lol:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 7:11 am

My favourites are the little narrow gauge trains I make. :D

This loco is a much modified Smallbrook Studio "Clio" loco which is designed to fit the Hornby 0-4-0 chassis.

nadroJ
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 7:57 am

I got a photo of this train not long ago, it was parked on the outskirts of the village. It is a maintenance train/work train that goes past the village most nights and then back round at 6.

When younger, I would go near the railway to see it go past on most nights. I found the sound of them more fascinating than the train itself.

It was a mesmerising experience to observe it, close up.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2020, 8:24 am

nadroJ wrote:
I got a photo of this train not long ago, it was parked on the outskirts of the village. It is a maintenance train/work train that goes past the village most nights and then back round at 6.

When younger, I would go near the railway to see it go past on most nights. I found the sound of them more fascinating than the train itself.

It was a mesmerising experience to observe it, close up.

Ah. It has track tampering equipment under it. Fascinating machines to watch in action. The mechanized on train tampering equipment has been in use for many years now. Makes the job much easier then it once was. I remembrr the 1980's tamper trains. One used to be parked in a siding near my most local station during the daytime ready for it's night time use. And then there was the Spencer railgrinder which would come along on its once or twice yearly missions. Usually once a year. They stopped doing it when I worked on the railways preferring to use sandite so we had the occasional sandite trains, but then just before I left the railway, and after some close calls, they decided to start rail grinding again to try to prevent trains from sliding in the autumn leaf fall conditions. The problem with using sandite instead was that it didn't last as long as they would have liked.
Another fascinating works train to watch if you ever see them, and these are long trains, are the ones which can cut and weld and replace entire railled sections with new track in one go. They are a relatively modern piece of equipment and very expensive to buy (So they are not that common), but boy do they make the workers jobs soo much quicker and easier!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 9:09 am

It mentions the origional post has been edited due to homophobic content. What does homophobic mean? Someone who does not go out the house?

I have noticed that Smallbrook Studios has a few more kits. I like his kits.

RadioDog
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Sep 2020, 10:52 pm

jojipink wrote:

This is a nice train

What would be the purpose of an "A Frame" train? (not being snide. just curious). Seems a lot of wasted space at the bottom and limited head room at the top.

"Autism isn't an illness but it's a condition that messes with our ability to have our psychological needs met." - DuckHairback on this site.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 5:47 am

For triangular shaped people? (Joking. I would guess it may have something to do with being a novelty?)

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 26 Sep 2020, 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 5:53 am

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 6:32 am

maycontainthunder wrote:

Barry! I used to work trains round there. :)

The steam scrapyard had gone when I got to work on the railways but they do have a preserved railway from Barry down to the island. I did not work trains down to the Island as Valleys staff did that, but I would work round the Vale of Glamorgan to Bridgend instead. We would use this as an avoiding line if rhe main line had closed, and I later worked trains when they re-opened the Vale to a normal passenger service round there.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 7:43 am

RadioDog wrote:
jojipink wrote:

This is a nice train

What would be the purpose of an "A Frame" train? (not being snide. just curious). Seems a lot of wasted space at the bottom and limited head room at the top.

Probably Swiss. Looks like a Toblerone.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 8:04 am

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 8:59 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
RadioDog wrote:
jojipink wrote:

This is a nice train

Probably Swiss. Looks like a Toblerone.

It looks more like it was made in China or somewhere in the Far East from thw style of it.