Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2017, 11:49 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Those people most likely would have used their car on those days anyway.Driving to work,shopping,etc.They are not driving around and protesting at the same time.Neither of you use a car?Public transportation?Bicycle?You wear organic cotton or linen?Or synthetic?
All of the above.

But I don't complain about the processes necessary to produce these items in the first place.

If I did, I'd be a hypocrite.

Misslizard wrote:
Why do you keep thinking this is about Trump?Its about DAPL,and yes people have called and protested Corp.
I don't.

Hence I asked you what it was about.

Look through my posts and you'll see after you informed me who was behind it, I focus on that and not on Trump.

Ergo your statement is false.

Misslizard wrote:
You boycott the banks that invest becuse it worked,several banks in Europe have pulled out becuse of public outcry.
Public outcry carries more weight than reason?

Misslizard wrote:
You don't drink water from a tap?Want a busted pipeline under it? the wiki to the Mayflower,Ar pipeline that ruptured mentions it has similarities to the DAPL line.
I have similarities to a paedophile in that I'm human. But my similarity to a paedophile doesn't make me a paedophile.

Misslizard wrote:
Bother to read it??Bother to read any off it???
Well, no. You haven't mentioned these wiki articles to me until now.

Misslizard wrote:
It's not in the best location,it goes right under a water source,how is that a good location?
I don't know if it's a good or bad location. It's why I asked if there were possible alternative locations.

You're getting very fired up here...

I'm also not aware of the precautionary safety measures the companies are taking. There are probably a great many safety measures being implemented.

Misslizard wrote:
Learn nothing from Deepwater Horizon?Oil and water not a good mix.
Oil and water don't mix.

Misslizard wrote:
But of course you don't care,it's not your water.
I didn't realise you knew my thoughts. Maybe you could also tell me what I'll have for lunch tomorrow.

I asked objective questions RE the pipeline as I don't know anything about it.

I asked what the issue was in the first place, I asked who planned/approved it, I asked why companies are being boycotted because of a pipeline, and asked why driving to a protest could be seen as hypocritical. All of these I consider valid.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 12:14 am

sonicallysensitive wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Those people most likely would have used their car on those days anyway.Driving to work,shopping,etc.They are not driving around and protesting at the same time.Neither of you use a car?Public transportation?Bicycle?You wear organic cotton or linen?Or synthetic?
All of the above.

But I don't complain about the processes necessary to produce these items in the first place.

If I did, I'd be a hypocrite.

Misslizard wrote:
Why do you keep thinking this is about Trump?Its about DAPL,and yes people have called and protested Corp.
I don't.

Hence I asked you what it was about.

Look through my posts and you'll see after you informed me who was behind it, I focus on that and not on Trump.

Ergo your statement is false.

Misslizard wrote:
You boycott the banks that invest becuse it worked,several banks in Europe have pulled out becuse of public outcry.
Public outcry carries more weight than reason?

Misslizard wrote:
You don't drink water from a tap?Want a busted pipeline under it? the wiki to the Mayflower,Ar pipeline that ruptured mentions it has similarities to the DAPL line.
I have similarities to a paedophile in that I'm human. But my similarity to a paedophile doesn't make me a paedophile.

Misslizard wrote:
Bother to read it??Bother to read any off it???
Well, no. You haven't mentioned these wiki articles to me until now.

Misslizard wrote:
It's not in the best location,it goes right under a water source,how is that a good location?
I don't know if it's a good or bad location. It's why I asked if there were possible alternative locations.

You're getting very fired up here...

I'm also not aware of the precautionary safety measures the companies are taking. There are probably a great many safety measures being implemented.

Misslizard wrote:
Learn nothing from Deepwater Horizon?Oil and water not a good mix.
Oil and water don't mix.

Misslizard wrote:
But of course you don't care,it's not your water.
I didn't realise you knew my thoughts. Maybe you could also tell me what I'll have for lunch tomorrow.

I asked objective questions RE the pipeline as I don't know anything about it.

I asked what the issue was in the first place, I asked who planned/approved it, I asked why companies are being boycotted because of a pipeline, and asked why driving to a protest could be seen as hypocritical. All of these I consider valid.

And if people didn't try to make improvements we would not have LED bulbs.Past experience with oil spills should teach us to plan better.Everyones a hypocrite at times.Never met a person that wasn't.
You kept asking why people were protesting Trump and not the army.I did not say Trump was behind the pipeline,I said he reversed the order to stop the pipeline.
Reason is not polluting the water people drink.
If the similarities are enough to warrant concern about a rupture then its sensible to not use a flawed delivery system.Want a car with a gas tank similar to a Pinto? They exploded.Want a reactor built like Chernobly near you?
Oh, I've posted several wiki links.Go back and look if you don't beleive me.
There are safer routes,and you don't know me well enough to know when I'm fired up.
Ooooh,a grammar nazi,how very original of you.
Your posts imply you don't care,maybe you do.You do not come across that way.I hope you have crow for dinner.
I gave you the answers in numerous links.
Some didn't drive,they rode.Some bused.Even a camp of Veterans showed up to protect the civilians.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/dakota-ac ... n-lawsuit/

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2017, 7:31 am

Misslizard wrote:
And if people didn't try to make improvements we would not have LED bulbs.
Agreed. Is there any evidence the pipeline isn't using the most advanced technology and/or employing the highest level of safety measures?

Misslizard wrote:
Past experience with oil spills should teach us to plan better.Everyones a hypocrite at times.Never met a person that wasn't.
Do you mean the pipeline isn't well-planned?

Misslizard wrote:
You kept asking why people were protesting Trump and not the army.I did not say Trump was behind the pipeline,I said he reversed the order to stop the pipeline.
Complete & utter lie on your behalf.

Look through the posts. You mentioned Trump first. I mentioned him once.

To say I 'kept asking' is total, unequivocal nonsense.

Misslizard wrote:
Reason is not polluting the water people drink.
You seem to be confusing 'a leak could pollute drinking water' with 'the water is polluted'.

Misslizard wrote:
If the similarities are enough to warrant concern about a rupture then its sensible to not use a flawed delivery system.
Do you mean if there's a chance of something going wrong - even the smallest chance possible, it isn't worth taking the risk?

Misslizard wrote:
Want a car with a gas tank similar to a Pinto? They exploded.Want a reactor built like Chernobly near you?
By 'like Chernobyl', do you mean a nuclear power plant?

I live about 8 miles from one here in the UK.

What about all the power plants that do work well and have had no problems?

What about all the successful pipelines?

I'm curious if those against the pipeline are actively following pipeline construction across the country and keeping an eye on whether every pipeline is posing a risk.

Misslizard wrote:
Oh, I've posted several wiki links.Go back and look if you don't beleive me.
Yes, I missed the Mayflower one. My apologies. I'll go read it.

Misslizard wrote:
Your posts imply you don't care,maybe you do.You do not come across that way.
It is called objectivity.

Misslizard wrote:
I gave you the answers in numerous links.
No-one in this thread has given any proof whatsoever of who planned the pipeline/route, or who approved it.

You suggested congress/army - but it was just a suggestion.

Does anyone have any hard data showing who approved the route?

Misslizard wrote:
Some didn't drive,they rode.Some bused.Even a camp of Veterans showed up to protect the civilians.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/dakota-ac ... n-lawsuit/
I'll read the link then get back to you later.

PS I'm trying to establish who approved the pipeline. Stop getting personal or I'll report you.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 10:08 am

Even the best laid pipe can have its weak points.
The people building it think it's a great plan,the people it's being built near have objections.Its their water at risk,not the builders.Your always riding on the lowest bid for any project and people can be crooked and cut corners on safety to save/make money.The best laid plans of mice and men.
I didn't lie.You said " So the protestors should be protesting the US Army not Trump?"
The water will be polluted if it leaks.Its called foresight.Yes ,I know it may not happen.
Sometimes even a small amount of risk isn't worth it.
You say objective,possibly.With a touch of argumentative tossed in.
I live sixty miles from Arkansas nuclear One.They operated it at an unsafe temperature for years.Always a chance of human error.No doubt we need clean power sources,clean and safe would be the best.
Pipeline just ruptured in Missouri a few weeks ago.Gas pipelines explode,just saw an example on the nightly news.I lived in an area where one leaked and exploded.We thought a plane had crashed,the whole west sky was lit up.It was maybe forty miles from us.Luckily in a very rural area so no one hurt.
Here's your list of who approved it.Corp is on there.I also gave you a link to the Corps website with their DAPL info.
https://daplpipelinefacts.com/dt_articl ... -pipeline/
Corp had to give approval for crossing federal land.Since it's federal land it belong to the citizens,we have a voice in whether we want this on our public lands.
Happy now?
Getting personal?How? Calling someone a liar is pretty personal.Report away if you so desire. :lol:
Maybe change your user name to overlysensitive?

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2017, 1:05 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Tell me about it. I spent half of last year in hospital with lower intestinal problems.

On a serious note: everything by definition has a weak point. But this doesn't make it 'weak' per se.

Misslizard wrote:
The people building it think it's a great plan,the people it's being built near have objections.Its their water at risk,not the builders.
But it's their money on the line.

It works both ways.

Misslizard wrote:
Your always riding on the lowest bid for any project and people can be crooked and cut corners on safety to save/make money.The best laid plans of mice and men.
I agree completely. Now the burden of proof is on you to show they are corner-cutting. Assuming that's what you are implying.

Misslizard wrote:
I didn't lie.You said " So the protestors should be protesting the US Army not Trump?"
That is true. I retract the statement I made, as I mentioned Trump twice.

Misslizard wrote:
The water will be polluted if it leaks.
People will likely die if there's a road accident on a motorway. Should we stop building motorways?

Misslizard wrote:
Its called foresight.
Foresight? Never heard the word in my life. I'll need to see if it's in my Oxford. Bear with me.

Misslizard wrote:
Yes ,I know it may not happen. Sometimes even a small amount of risk isn't worth it.
Much like Trump's controversial 'Muslim ban'?

Misslizard wrote:
Hardly. If I wanted to insult you/cause argument, I'd just call you a dyke, or something equally as insulting.

Which I haven't done.

Misslizard wrote:
I live sixty miles from Arkansas nuclear One.They operated it at an unsafe temperature for years.Always a chance of human error.No doubt we need clean power sources,clean and safe would be the best.
I'm not in disagreement with you...

Misslizard wrote:
Pipeline just ruptured in Missouri a few weeks ago.Gas pipelines explode,just saw an example on the nightly news.I lived in an area where one leaked and exploded.We thought a plane had crashed,the whole west sky was lit up.It was maybe forty miles from us.Luckily in a very rural area so no one hurt.
Unfortunate. But no reason to dismiss all gas pipelines, just as we shouldn't abandon all roads because of one car crash.

Misslizard wrote:
Here's your list of who approved it.Corp is on there.I also gave you a link to the Corps website with their DAPL info.
Corp had to give approval for crossing federal land.Since it's federal land it belong to the citizens,we have a voice in whether we want this on our public lands.
Happy now?
Happier. Maybe not happy per se. I have a complaining wife and two kids who never shut up.

RE the link: the pipeline crosses a grand total of... just over 1000ft of military land! This doesn't mean the army planned and approved the route!

Misslizard wrote:

I prefer the alliteration of my present username. I was originally going to go with spastic sycophant, but seeing how lacking in a funnybone the self-diagnonsense crowd are, I kept it PC.

But I'll do you a deal. If you change your profile pic to a big hairy arse, I'll change my username (and keep it that way for as long as your pic is a big hairy arse).

On a serious note: the_phoenix gave good information in this thread.

And I'm still at a loss as to the function of boycotting Wells Fargo. Maybe Sweetleaf can chime in here.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2017, 1:51 pm

sonicallysensitive wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Tell me about it. I spent half of last year in hospital with lower intestinal problems.

On a serious note: everything by definition has a weak point. But this doesn't make it 'weak' per se.

Misslizard wrote:
The people building it think it's a great plan,the people it's being built near have objections.Its their water at risk,not the builders.
But it's their money on the line.

It works both ways.

Misslizard wrote:
Your always riding on the lowest bid for any project and people can be crooked and cut corners on safety to save/make money.The best laid plans of mice and men.
I agree completely. Now the burden of proof is on you to show they are corner-cutting. Assuming that's what you are implying.

Misslizard wrote:
That is true. I retract the statement I made, as I mentioned Trump twice.

Misslizard wrote:
The water will be polluted if it leaks.
People will likely die if there's a road accident on a motorway. Should we stop building motorways?

Misslizard wrote:
Its called foresight.
Foresight? Never heard the word in my life. I'll need to see if it's in my Oxford. Bear with me.

Misslizard wrote:
Yes ,I know it may not happen. Sometimes even a small amount of risk isn't worth it.
Much like Trump's controversial 'Muslim ban'?

Misslizard wrote:
Hardly. If I wanted to insult you/cause argument, I'd just call you a dyke, or something equally as insulting.

Which I haven't done.

Misslizard wrote:
I'm not in disagreement with you...

Misslizard wrote:
Unfortunate. But no reason to dismiss all gas pipelines, just as we shouldn't abandon all roads because of one car crash.

Misslizard wrote:
Happy now?
Happier. Maybe not happy per se. I have a complaining wife and two kids who never shut up.

RE the link: the pipeline crosses a grand total of... just over 1000ft of military land! This doesn't mean the army planned and approved the route!

Misslizard wrote:

I prefer the alliteration of my present username. I was originally going to go with spastic sycophant, but seeing how lacking in a funnybone the self-diagnonsense crowd are, I kept it PC.

But I'll do you a deal. If you change your profile pic to a big hairy arse, I'll change my username (and keep it that way for as long as your pic is a big hairy arse).

On a serious note: the_phoenix gave good information in this thread.

And I'm still at a loss as to the function of boycotting Wells Fargo. Maybe Sweetleaf can chime in here.

I'm sorry to hear about the hospital stay.I wouldn't wish that on anyone.Hopeful that is in the past for you.
You can't drink money.But you can buy polluted tap water with money,like as in Flynt,MI.Or overpriced Evian.
I suspect ever organization that says something is safe of lying.Profit over people usually wins out every time.
We can build better or safer roads,like relocating them if there is a safety issue.Its been done many times on the twisty narrow roads here.You should have seen the roads here when I was a kid,no guard rails and a steep drop off was the rule.
Foresight is a word.
I don't agree with the Muslim ban.It violates human rights.I beleive the pipeline violates the rights of indigenous people.So does the UN.
You mean I'm a natural slope or wall that regulates water levels?I like men by the way.What hat did you pull that rabbit out of?
More solar and other energy options need to be explored.Maybe we should work on repairing the crumbling infrastructure of old pipelines before we build new ones.
The link I provided on who approved the pipe line showed others.Several utility commissions,commerce commissions,and when it crosses federal land,Corp.Its not the military's land,it belong to the citizens.I live by federal land,it's for everyone to use.Park Service,Forest Service,BLM land,all federal.
TOS won't let me use a big hairy fat ass for an avatar.Why? Do you find them attractive?
It's not just Wells Fargo,but a boycott of all financial institutions.Make your money work for the cause,divest and invest in banks that are more pro green.If enough people pull funds the banks will begin to choose investing in better options
Phoneix's article had valid points if you want a pipeline in your backyard.The other sides has equally valid points why it shouldn't be there.