May have an Autisum Diagnosis, unsure how to proceed....

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

bubblegumnex
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Feb 2017, 7:12 pm

Hi folks!

Sooo I kind of need some perspective/guidance on something. My therapist and I have recently concluded that I have autism; she has been suspecting for a while and it became much clearer after we reviewed my past history. We also read about peoples experiences with autism, specifically high-functioning autism. Their experiences fit like a warm Christmas sweater. Since that appointment, I've never felt so....I don't know, whole? Complete? It's as if I'm not piloting a Jaeger on my own. The world makes sense now. I understand my feelings. It's...weird. Now I'm still on the way of getting properly accessed, and I really shouldn't be self-diagnosing something like this, even if my therapist, and now gp, back this up. I also no longer feels as if I'm on a different frequency that people.

Sooooo now what? My head feels as if it needs glasses now and I'm unsure if I should keep researching this, because I'm worrying that I'm becoming a hypochondriac about it.

Overall I'm happy with this. It doesn't change who I am, just answers some questions. I'm just...uncertain as to how to proceed.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 7:19 pm

Congratulations on finding some balance in your life. If you would like it, I have a detailed description of options in the assessment of an autism diagnosis I could send to you by Private Message (PM). Just let me know.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)